• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Official Hack Checking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 11, 2018
Have the Sawsbuck, Vaporeon or Houndoom been hyper trained? As Haileo already said, 6 IV shiny BR pokemon are probably hacked, though if they've been hyper trained, wouldn't mean ot would be less likely to be hacked since they're not really 6IV?

No i havent hyper trained them

Road

beyond salvation
Years
No i havent hyper trained them
I think they're not so much asking if you have, rather if they have been at all. Anything that has been Hyper Trained will be marked as such when you check it's IVs in the PC. Are you able to check that?

If some of the stats have, then they're maybe fine but still iffy. If they haven't, definitely hacked as Haileo said.

Last edited:

mike96elings

FC: 1693-5231-7301 IGN: Mike
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 1, 2018
Anyone who can check a japanese shaymin (english name for some reason) and a shiny descartes yveltal (2015) with some suspicious IVs for me? Just trying to be sure

Road

beyond salvation
Years
Anyone who can check a japanese shaymin (english name for some reason) and a shiny descartes yveltal (2015) with some suspicious IVs for me? Just trying to be sure
If you post full details (example in OP or like people above), someone can give you a second opinion just from that! If you actually want it checked in PKHeX, one of us can help you sometime.

As for the Shaymin, if it's from 6th or 7th Gen, English name is fine. Remember that the language of the Pokemon is dependent on what language the game is SET to, not it's region. So the person probably played the game in English.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
New: Official PKHeX checkers have been added! Remember, PKHeX checks can only be requested when the in-game info is not enough for us to deem your Pok?mon legit or not.
So make sure to post all of the Pok?mon's info first!

Last edited:

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
Years
New: Official PKHeX checkers have been added! Remember, PKHeX checks can only be requested when the in-game info is not enough for us to deem your Pok?mon legit or not.
So make sure to post all of the Pok?mon's info first!

Oh sweet lol. I'd like to be added to the list :) My Discord is ICanSnake#2009

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Oh sweet lol. I'd like to be added to the list :) My Discord is ICanSnake#2009

Awesome! You're a proven veteran hack checker so welcome aboard :) give me 10 mins to update the list~
Edit: Added on both here and Discord, feel free to join our server if you wish :P

Last edited:

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
After getting super frustrated with my exam revision, I finally decided to learn how to check my Pokemon collection with PKHex...and find out half of the events/shinies I have are flagged. :|

I would like some clarification about some of the flags I'm getting. If you can confirm/explain the errors, it'd be much appreciated!

Spoiler:

I'm too scared to check the rest of my collection...

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
Years
After getting super frustrated with my exam revision, I finally decided to learn how to check my Pokemon collection with PKHex...and find out half of the events/shinies I have are flagged. :|

I would like some clarification about some of the flags I'm getting. If you can confirm/explain the errors, it'd be much appreciated!

Spoiler:

I'm too scared to check the rest of my collection...

One by one:

1. Yes, a nature mismatch means it's a hack. It also means that is a gen 3 or 4 Pokemon. There is a way to calculate what nature it should be. Take the PID (it's listed as hex notation in PKHeX) and turn it into a decimal, then use the formula "PID % 25". You can type that right in your browser search bar. The number you get will correspond to one of these natures

Spoiler:

2. 12125 Pokecen Shiny Diancie should not be giving any errors, so I believe that would be a hack. Invalid relearn moves would mean it's not recognizing the event. All 4 moves should be listed as relearn moves, in the opposite order you have them as. "Event friendship does not match base friendship" has to do with the friendship levels. On the main tab you could see the Diancie has a friendship of 70. But if you go to the OT/Misc tab, click on Memories, and click on the Memories with OT tab, that friendship value should also be 70. It most likely means the friendship value was not set when it was made.

3. Wait, are you saying the Milotic and Zoroark were caught on Route 19 in White 2? They can't even be found there, so yeah, that's an invalid met location, it's a hack. That would mean the invalid move error would just be a secondary effect to the unable to match an encounter error.

4. Yes, you're right. If the moveset has an egg move, and it was bred in gen 6 or 7, then the relearn moves should be its moveset as it hatched.

Just remember that there are definitely some false flag errors that occur in PKHeX, so a lot of the ones that show up with errors can be legit.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
Thank you very much! It's very disappointing to find out, but better I found out sooner rather than later.

Also yeah, I'll have to keep the false flags in mind because for some reason, PKHex just doesn't like Diantha's Ralts.

Cavespider_17

Charlie
Years
  • Age 29
  • U.K
  • Seen Feb 5, 2024
Charmander

Region: KOR
Ivs/Nature/Ability:4/6, Adamant, Solar power
Ribbons: none
Where: Wonder Trade (the glorious minefield)
OT:*In Korean*,
ID: 61728
Hatched in a: Faraway Place.
Ball: Diveball

Road

beyond salvation
Years
Charmander

Region: KOR
Ivs/Nature/Ability:4/6, Adamant, Solar power
Ribbons: none
Where: Wonder Trade (the glorious minefield)
OT:*In Korean*,
ID: 61728
Hatched in a: Faraway Place.
Ball: Diveball
Since those 4 IVs are in HP/Def/SpD/Spe like you said on Discord, I'm pretty confident this is fine. Ball and HA are possible in Friend Safari. Nature is good, but there's only 4 perfect IVs and none of them are Attack. Looks like a typical breedject.

Fawful_X

Monster-hunting Red Mage
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 2, 2018
I received a shiny Ho-oh a while ago via Wonder Trade, and I'd like to confirm whether or not it's legit before I bring it over to Ultra Sun.

Pokemon: Ho-oh
Ball: Pokeball
Region: Johto
Regional Mark: None
Pokerus: No
IVs: Unknown (All six are Hyper Trained)
Hidden Power: Fire
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Pressure
Characteristic: Somewhat subborn
Stats: 353 HP, 394 Atk, 217 Def, 230 SpA, 344 SpD, 279 Spe
OT: Matt
ID No.: 22731
Obtained via Wonder Trade in Ultra Sun

Last edited:

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
Years
I received a shiny Ho-oh a while ago via Wonder Trade, and I'd like to confirm whether or not it's legit before I bring it over to Ultra Sun.

Pokemon: Ho-oh
Ball: Pokeball
Region: Johto
Regional Mark: None
Pokerus: No
IVs: Unknown (All six are Hyper Trained)
Hidden Power: Fire
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Pressure
Characteristic: Somewhat subborn
Stats: 353 HP, 394 Atk, 217 Def, 230 SpA, 344 SpD, 279 Spe
OT: Matt
ID No.: 22731
Obtained via Wonder Trade in Ultra Sun

Alright, let's see...

Johto means two things, either HGSS or VC GS. You said it doesn't have the regional marking (GameBoy symbol), so it would have to be from HGSS.

After trial and error, the Ho-oh is confusing. I've found out that Hyper Training locks in the stats as if they were 31, so you're right that we can't figure out the IVs unless we use PKHeX. But, according to the characteristic the highest stat should be Sp. Def with 29. Which means none were 31 before they were HT'd. What we do know, is that it has 252 Atk / 252 Speed / 6 Def. An EV'd (most likely BR) Shiny Ho-oh sent over through Wonder Trade are sure signs of being hacked.

Years
I Recently Purchased a preowned copy of Omega Ruby and this games box is completely full of all manner of Shinys, legendaries, and Pokerus Pokemon. I just want to check the legitimacy of some of these

Shiny Greninja lvl: 100
Spoiler:

Shiny Flygon w/ Pokerus lvl: 100
Spoiler:

Shiny Mew lvl 100
Spoiler:

These are just 3 of hundred in the box. He even had 20 some odd dittos for every nature you'd need. the whole thing just seemed suspicious to me.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
I Recently Purchased a preowned copy of Omega Ruby and this games box is completely full of all manner of Shinys, legendaries, and Pokerus Pokemon. I just want to check the legitimacy of some of these

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Shiny Mew lvl 100
Spoiler:

These are just 3 of hundred in the box. He even had 20 some odd dittos for every nature you'd need. the whole thing just seemed suspicious to me.

This OT is a known hacker.

Mikazuki

"Someday, I will..."
Years

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Shiny Mew lvl 100
Spoiler:

The OT and TID are the same across gens on those Pokemon? Any shiny new should be considered suspicious. And on PC they are untradeable due the likeliness of them being hacks. Id be extemely suspicious the rest of them, but you'll never trust know unless you run them through pkHex. If you have a save file or a few you specifically want ran through pkHex, there is a group of dedicated "hack checkers" here to do that.

Edit: Kieran solved this first and much more eloquently! Haha

Last edited:

Spiderz

old hat
Years
i got this mew from the forums in 2012, i was assured it was from a event, it has traded over pokebank etc just fine, i was just curious if anyone has any more information, it could be cloned but i guess i have to way of knowing

Mew
Cherish Ball
Premier Ribbon
Johto Region
Highly Curious
No Pokerus
Nature: Bashful
Ability: Synchronize
Characteristic: Highly Curious
OT: FAL2010
ID No.: 10160

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
i got this mew from the forums in 2012, i was assured it was from a event, it has traded over pokebank etc just fine, i was just curious if anyone has any more information, it could be cloned but i guess i have to way of knowing

Mew
Cherish Ball
Premier Ribbon
Johto Region
Highly Curious
No Pokerus
Nature: Bashful
Ability: Synchronize
Characteristic: Highly Curious
OT: FAL2010
ID No.: 10160

Looks like a normal G/S 10th anniversary Mew. Nothing suspicious, but if you want to double check contact one of the official PKHeX checkers. Clone status is more than likely.

Years
Shiny Emolga Lv. 30
Quirky nature
Ability: static

82 hp 59 atk 48 def 59 spa 50 spd 73 spe
From kalos region
Ot: Julie
Double team, shock wave, electro ball, acrobatics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back