• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Official Hack Checking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Road

beyond salvation
Years
  • Found plenty of hacks in my Events list today
    Spoiler:

I got them all from users here so be sure to check if these match your own! I can provide the reasons why they're hacks if needed.
    My Deoxys is a hack after all that?! Gdi man, I found it on an old JPN RS cart and thought it was genuine. Screw my life. Gonna have to RNG or SR my own when I get the Aurora Ticket put on my FRLG games. Also looks like my Shaymin so, that plan of RNGing my own basically has to happen now. Sigh.

Thanks for the post tho. Also home now so I hopefully can get PKHex (?) on my system and get to checking my stuff too. I'll keep everyone posted on that.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    My Deoxys is a hack after all that?! Gdi man, I found it on an old JPN RS cart and thought it was genuine. Screw my life. Gonna have to RNG or SR my own when I get the Aurora Ticket put on my FRLG games. Also looks like my Shaymin so, that plan of RNGing my own basically has to happen now. Sigh.

Thanks for the post tho. Also home now so I hopefully can get PKHex (?) on my system and get to checking my stuff too. I'll keep everyone posted on that.
    Actually I might be mistaken for both. See the link I sent to Haileo above? PKHeX seems to have some issues with Shinies from Gen 3 and 4 . I'll have another look at those 2 events tomorrow

Road

beyond salvation
    Years
  • Actually I might be mistaken for both. See the link I sent to Haileo above? PKHeX seems to have some issues with Shinies from Gen 3 and 4 . I'll have another look at those 2 events tomorrow
    Ahh okay, I did see that but didn't really get it. I mean I wouldn't be surprised if they are, you never know. Cool tho! No pressure, whenever is fine.

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
    Years
  • Actually I might be mistaken for both. See the link I sent to Haileo above? PKHeX seems to have some issues with Shinies from Gen 3 and 4 . I'll have another look at those 2 events tomorrow

Oh, that reminds me. Do you mind sending me the .pk7 files of the event hacks you found? I'd like to put them in my own huge hack list. I already have the Mareanie and Goomy, so you can send everything except those.

Spyro

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Oh, that reminds me. Do you mind sending me the .pk7 files of the event hacks you found? I'd like to put them in my own huge hack list. I already have the Mareanie and Goomy, so you can send everything except those.

I'll do that when I get on my computer tomorrow. It shouldn't be hard to figure out how to do a .pk7 file right?

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
    Years
  • I'll do that when I get on my computer tomorrow. It shouldn't be hard to figure out how to do a .pk7 file right?

Nope, it's easy lol. From PKHeX, just go to File > Save PKM, save it wherever on your computer. Place them all in a rar or zip file and upload it to something like Mediafire, them PM it to me. Thanks!

Spyro

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Ahh okay, I did see that but didn't really get it. I mean I wouldn't be surprised if they are, you never know. Cool tho! No pressure, whenever is fine.

Spoiler:

So yeah, still no clue if they're really hacks, but I already released them. Some of my own caught Shinies give me that warning, as well as your Shiny Girafarig. So that's pretty weird.

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
    Years
  • Ahh okay, I did see that but didn't really get it. I mean I wouldn't be surprised if they are, you never know. Cool tho! No pressure, whenever is fine.

Soapy gave me the files of the Shiny Shaymin and Shiny Deoxys, and yes, I can confirm they're hacks. In this case, PKHeX gives an encounter type PID mismatch error because it's expecting one PID pattern, but reading another.

In the spoiler, I've included pictures why they're hacked.

Spoiler:

Shaymin outright reads as Hacked or Unknown, when it should be getting a valid PID. Deoxys reads as Unknown GBA Type, which is a PID pattern used for hacks, GameCube Pokemon, or PCNYs.

Road

beyond salvation
    Years
  • Soapy gave me the files of the Shiny Shaymin and Shiny Deoxys, and yes, I can confirm they're hacks. In this case, PKHeX gives an encounter type PID mismatch error because it's expecting one PID pattern, but reading another.

In the spoiler, I've included pictures why they're hacked.

Spoiler:

Shaymin outright reads as Hacked or Unknown, when it should be getting a valid PID. Deoxys reads as Unknown GBA Type, which is a PID pattern used for hacks, GameCube Pokemon, or PCNYs.
    Sigh. Regretting my choice to continue playing Pokemon every day. Writing down SR/RNG in my list of projects.

Also, on Girafarig, it's from one of my friends years ago and while I though he got them legitly, he might have actually hacked and never told me lying little hecker. Probably better to just release that, and I'll re-RNG them.

MaoMint

☘ 小猫咪 ☘
    Years
  • Hello :)

I'd like some help with my Diancie, please!

It's transferred to 7th Gen but was originally from Kalos.

Nature: Relaxed
    Level: 100 (I levelled it up, I believe it was 50 when I received it)
    Language: English
    OT: えいがかん
    ID: 07194

Stats: HP 213 Attack 236 Defense 438 Sp Attack 210 Sp Defense 399 speed 97
    IV: X-31-31-X-31-X
    EV trained in Sp Def and Defense

Thank you!

Road

beyond salvation
    Years
  • Hello :)

I'd like some help with my Diancie, please!

It's transferred to 7th Gen but was originally from Kalos.

Level: 100 (I levelled it up, I believe it was 50 when I received it)
    Language: English
    OT: えいがかん
    ID: 07194

Stats: HP 213 Attack 236 Defense 438 Sp Attack 210 Sp Defense 399 speed 97
    IV: X-31-31-X-31-X
    EV trained in Sp Def and Defense

Thank you!
    Seems to match the info for the event so I see nothing wrong. Any idea of the date?

MaoMint

☘ 小猫咪 ☘
    Years
  • Seems to match the info for the event so I see nothing wrong. Any idea of the date?
    Thanks for checking that!
    The fact that the OT was Japanese but the Diancie itself English threw me off..
    I think due to the fact that I transferred it, I can't see the date. But I'm fairly certain I received it in a trade around a year ago - 2016 in any case!

Road

beyond salvation
    Years
  • Thanks for checking that!
    I think due to the fact that I transferred it, I can't see the date. But I'm fairly certain I received it in a trade around a year ago - 2016 in any case!
    That's perfectly possible. The person probably played the game in English and then received it (changing language doesn't change the region of your game). I have plenty of Events like this since I have games from Japan but play some of them in English.

Hmm, that doesn't really help; we need the actual date on the Pokemon to check if it's Powersaved.

If anyone has this on their hack list though, speak up please since I'm not seeing a Relaxed Eigakan Diancie on any lists.

MaoMint

☘ 小猫咪 ☘
    Years
  • That's perfectly possible. The person probably played the game in English and then received it (changing language doesn't change the region of your game). I have plenty of Events like this since I have games from Japan but play some of them in English.

Hmm, that doesn't really help; we need the actual date on the Pokemon to check if it's Powersaved.

If anyone has this on their hack list though, speak up please since I'm not seeing a Relaxed Eigakan Diancie on any lists.

That's good to know!
    It's the first time I'd seen such a combination and was rather worried, haha.
    I'm afraid I can't provide the exact date, though. Am I relatively safe to assume it is a legit one?

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
    Years
  • Thanks for checking that!

The most likely possibility for it having an English name is that it was generated by the wondercard hosted on Project Pokemon. Yes, what Road said is true about how English language games on a Japanese 3DS will produce a legit English Diancie, but most of the times those come with proof. From what I've noticed, if a foreign event has an English language tag, it wasn't generated on a Japanese 3DS.

As for its legitimacy, it depends on whether you count Project Pokemon's wondercards as legit or not. They are valid wondercards and produce legal Pokemon, but they are publicly hosted and sometimes generate fixed pieces of data such as dates.

MaoMint

☘ 小猫咪 ☘
    Years
  • The most likely possibility for it having an English name is that it was generated by the wondercard hosted on Project Pokemon. Yes, what Road said is true about how English language games on a Japanese 3DS will produce a legit English Diancie, but most of the times those come with proof. From what I've noticed, if a foreign event has an English language tag, it wasn't generated on a Japanese 3DS.

As for its legitimacy, it depends on whether you count Project Pokemon's wondercards as legit or not. They are valid wondercards and produce legal Pokemon, but they are publicly hosted and sometimes generate fixed pieces of data such as dates.

Hm, is there any other way I can find out for certain?
    I did not receive any proof along with it back then. That being said, the person traded me other Pokemon as well which all appeared legit to me. But I suppose that is no guarantee, haha.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    From what I've noticed, if a foreign event has an English language tag, it wasn't generated on a Japanese 3DS.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the language tag depends on what language you selected before you started your game? So if a Japanese 3DS and games selected English, then the Pokémon captured/received on that system will have an English tag.

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
    Years
  • Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the language tag depends on what language you selected before you started your game? So if a Japanese 3DS and games selected English, then the Pokémon captured/received on that system will have an English tag.

Yep, that's how it works. This is what people do when proofing events in an ENG language (and generally, different languages from their system).

But, the more common way that a foreign language event will have an English language tag would be if it was injected via a wondercard. Powersaves wondercards, as far as I believe, you can choose the language before you redeem them, but Project Pokemon wondercards will default to what your save's language is. So if you inject a wondercard for an Ash Hat Pikachu on an English save, the Japanese Pikachu event will have an English language tag.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2017
    all pokemon are shiny and got pokerus

froslass pokeball, level 57
    OT: Terashi
    ID No. 04290
    Ability: cursed body
    Att: 101 Def: 102 SpAtt:149 Sp.Def:102 Speed:201
    Moves: blizzard, ominous wind, spikes, destiny bound
    Nature: timid
    egg received Date 2/14/2014
    Egg hatched: apparently 2/14/2014
    where: lumiose city
    kalos champion Ribbon
    with pentagran

eevee pokeball, level 50
    OT: Ash
    ID No. 01337
    Ability: run away
    Att: 86 Def: 81 SpAtt:76 Sp.Def:96 Speed:86
    Moves: iron tail, hidden power, sleep talk, rest
    Nature: docile
    Seems to have traveled across both space and time to reach you from the Unova Region
    no ribbon

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
    Years
  • all pokemon are shiny and got pokerus

froslass pokeball, level 57
    OT: Terashi
    ID No. 04290
    Ability: cursed body
    Att: 101 Def: 102 SpAtt:149 Sp.Def:102 Speed:201
    Moves: blizzard, ominous wind, spikes, destiny bound
    Nature: timid
    egg received Date 2/14/2014
    Egg hatched: apparently 2/14/2014
    where: lumiose city
    kalos champion Ribbon
    with pentagran

eevee pokeball, level 50
    OT: Ash
    ID No. 01337
    Ability: run away
    Att: 86 Def: 81 SpAtt:76 Sp.Def:96 Speed:86
    Moves: iron tail, hidden power, sleep talk, rest
    Nature: docile
    Seems to have traveled across both space and time to reach you from the Unova Region
    no ribbon
    The Eevee was hacked by this site:
    https://pokedit.com/download/default-pkm/pokemon-black/Eevee_133/

The Froslass doesn't look like there's anything wrong with it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back