• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official Movie 8 "Mew and the Wave Guiding Hero" Discussion

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
    poliwhirl said:
    Wait, the movie is based on mew, then who is the "Wave guiding hero" in the the title, it is mew And the wgh. do u think its ash? or some other type of mew?
    I think the "Wave guiding hero" is revering either to the (semi)main character of the movie or the second (legendary) Pok?mon that the movie is going to feature. I've noticed that each movie always focus at least on two main Pok?mon:
    movie 1 - Mewtwo and Mew
    movie 2 - Lugia, Zapdos, Moltres and Articuno
    movie 3 - Unown and Entei
    movie 4 - Celebi and Suicune
    movie 5 - Latias and Latios
    movie 6 - Jirachi and Groudon (ok, it wasn't the real one, but still...)
    movie 7 - Rayquaza and Deoxys
    movie 8 - Mew and ???

I just saw the trailer and it doesn't give much information away. But what I did notice is that the movie title appeared with the SAME animation as from Mewtwo Strikes Back (moving through a maze-like area and when it zooms out it shows that the maze-like thing is acually the title screen.) It could be me seeing things that aren't there, but I think it's not just a coincidence.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    So you think it might be MewTwo? That would kind of make sense. But I wonder if it will be a 4th Generation Pokemon? Of course, MewTwo might STILL be in it...

I think the 'Wave Guiding Hero' is Ash and the 'Wave' is a new Legendary Pokemon. Ash has to guide it somewhere, but I might be reading too much into it...

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    mewtwo won't be in it, his story arc was closed up fine. Wave guiding hero is a rough translation, it'd be something more like "A hero who guides the waves". Meaning someone that has power over the ocean or another pokemon like that.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    JKaizer said:
    @_@;

25 episodes is half of a series in some cases - and only getting one badge? :/ That's just... horrid. >>;
    o_o No it's not. 25 episodes is almost half of a year's worth of episodes (a year's worth is 52).

Gotta count all the fillers to get to the next Gym/battle (not knowing if it'll even be one or two episodes considering the way Hoenn's been doing it), then the battle, then the fillers to the next Contest, then the Contest episode(s), then the fillers to the tournaments, then finally the tournaments. That's quite a good amount of episodes. o_O Even if Hoenn is Anti-Johto, it still doesn't takes that less of time to do all of that.

Methinks this movie may have to do with the island in Emerald since there's a chart-like background in the movie's site and people know there'll be a Joy Spot during the movie. This'll probably be following the lines of Emerald and will give players the oppertunity to get Mew into the Emerald versions with the aid of the DS.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    But the word hero suggests a human. Usually if they refer to a pokemon in a preview or title, they call it a legend or something of that sort. I think the wave guiding hero may either be Ash or one of his friends, or some character introduced during the movie.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Pogiforce-14 said:
    But the word hero suggests a human. Usually if they refer to a pokemon in a preview or title, they call it a legend or something of that sort. I think the wave guiding hero may either be Ash or one of his friends, or some character introduced during the movie.
    It'll be Satoshi or someone made for only the movie. If the Hoenn story is close to ending by then it could be a new pokemon, the writers and directors of the anime and the movies and the game makers have to plot out really far into the future to make sure nothing comes out to early.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    In Pokemon Heroes, the word 'Heroes' referred to Latios and Latias. So it could indeed BE a Pokemon that they are talking about...

'Wave Guiding'... So it could be a 4th Generation Water Legendary... If you're going on the literal meaning.

As for MewTwo, just because he 'seems' to be resolved doesn't necessarily mean he HAS been. I wouldn't at all be surprised if he makes a return in the movie as well... I mean, they're still showing him in the new opening...

I still think the 'Wave' has nothing to do with water. I think it has something to do with Ash and the fact that he is supposed to bring humans and Pokemon together. I think 'Wave' is just a metaphor to symbolize this, or something similar to it.

Last edited:

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    Yet they say at the end of mewtwo's last appearance how mewtwo wanders cities in teh dark for the rest of his life. To reintroduce him woudl disrupt that storyline.

And also, the title of Pokemon Heroes is debatable. It may be true that Latios and Latias are teh reference made in Pokemon Heroes, But they aren't jsut called Heroes. They're called "Pokemon Heroes" . That denotation suggests that a normal hero is not a pokemon and that adjective was a necessary addition. And with the Mew movie saying just "Hero" , wave guiding being the sort of hero, referring more to a skill than a race, (ash having many strange skills) It seems more plausible to me that they would pick a human as the hero suggested.

However, I may be mistaken, this is just the way I percieve the situation.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    Heroes title implied Satoshi and the group. Satoshi-tachi were the ones who helped find Latios to stop the two thieves. Not to mention, Kasumi and Takeshi's Pok?mon aided Satoshi against the Aerodactyl and Kabutops. Latias and Latios did do something heroic, but were it not for Satoshi-tachi, things would've gone sour.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Pogiforce-14 said:
    Yet they say at the end of mewtwo's last appearance how mewtwo wanders cities in teh dark for the rest of his life. To reintroduce him woudl disrupt that storyline.

And also, the title of Pokemon Heroes is debatable. It may be true that Latios and Latias are teh reference made in Pokemon Heroes, But they aren't jsut called Heroes. They're called "Pokemon Heroes" . That denotation suggests that a normal hero is not a pokemon and that adjective was a necessary addition. And with the Mew movie saying just "Hero" , wave guiding being the sort of hero, referring more to a skill than a race, (ash having many strange skills) It seems more plausible to me that they would pick a human as the hero suggested.

However, I may be mistaken, this is just the way I percieve the situation.

Actually, they just say that there have been reports of him showing up in cities, but only by moonlight. But that doesn't necessarily mean that he has been written off. Besides, I don't think Game Freaks is going to write off one of the most popular Pokemon so easily...

You're all overanalyzing the word Hero. All it means is that there will be a character that is the main hero of the story. Now, of course Ash will get caught up in this in some way, but the help he offers will be minute in comparison to the grand scheme of what happens in the movie, unless they're throwing in an uber-twist... My point, there's no written guarantee that Ash is the 'Wave Guiding Hero', yet.

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
    poketrainer2004 said:
    i thought Destiny deoxys was gonna be the 8th movie?
    Nope, Destiny Deoxys is the 7th movie:
    1: Mewtwo Strikes Back - Mewtwo Strikes Back
    2: Revelation Lugia - The Power of One
    3: Lord of the Unknown Tower - The Spell of Unown
    4: Serebii: A Timeless Encounter - The Voice of the Forest
    5: Guardians of the Water Capital: Latias and Latios - Pok?mon Heroes
    6: The Wishing Star of Seven Nights: Jirachi - Jirachi Wiskmaker
    7: Visitor of the Space Fissure - Deoxys Destiny
    8: Mew and the Wave Guiding Hero" - ???

As for who this hero might be: I'm sure it will be clear in the next trailer.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    SBaby said:
    Actually, they just say that there have been reports of him showing up in cities, but only by moonlight. But that doesn't necessarily mean that he has been written off. Besides, I don't think Game Freaks is going to write off one of the most popular Pokemon so easily...

You're all overanalyzing the word Hero. All it means is that there will be a character that is the main hero of the story. Now, of course Ash will get caught up in this in some way, but the help he offers will be minute in comparison to the grand scheme of what happens in the movie, unless they're throwing in an uber-twist... My point, there's no written guarantee that Ash is the 'Wave Guiding Hero', yet.
    Guys you have a major flaw in your idea there. You're comparing the dub title and the actual title. You can't do that because then it throws it off.
    The real title of the 5th movie was, Guardians of the water capital:Latos and Latias. That was it. Also when Pogi was talking about Pokemon refering to a Pokemon as the hero heres the thing, Pokemon in the title ment the series Pokemon:Heros was the title not Pokemon : Pokemon Hero as some would belive.

Last edited:

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I was just trying to prove a point, but you are right. The word 'Hero' doesn't mean ANYTHING when determining who will 'save the day' in the movie. It's just part of a title. That is especially true for the dub title.

BigCN401

[insert something here]
    Years
    Yes, let's remind people to only prefer the title from the ORIGINAL, not the dubbed because you already know 4Kids are going to screw around with it sadly.

As for the 8th movie, well... just wait and see. Some of you people are OVER analyzing. Calm down, okay? :P

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Thank you! Especially overanalyzing about MewTwo and other characters. Remember that characters CAN and usually DO come back at any time in Animes, regardless of how much the audience thinks that the character's story is resolved. The opposite also applies.

But, it is a shame about 4 Kids. And they're supposed to be one of the best dubbers out there... How sad...

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    SBaby said:
    Thank you! Especially overanalyzing about MewTwo and other characters. Remember that characters CAN and usually DO come back at any time in Animes, regardless of how much the audience thinks that the character's story is resolved. The opposite also applies.

But, it is a shame about 4 Kids. And they're supposed to be one of the best dubbers out there... How sad...
    Wait? 4kids...good...dubbers? XD Ya right! They're nothing matched with ADV,FUNI,and Geneon. Even then, Ocean blue has better dubbing then them. It seemed like they could only do a good dub in uncut format...which might work for the 8th movie...

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I know, but that's according to them... I wasn't implying that that was my opinion as well. I think they're horrible... They even botched some of the Card names in Yu-Gi-Oh!

Uncut Pokemon Movies might be interesting to see though... Let's hope that's the way they release it...

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    SBaby said:
    I know, but that's according to them... I wasn't implying that that was my opinion as well. I think they're horrible... They even botched some of the Card names in Yu-Gi-Oh!

Uncut Pokemon Movies might be interesting to see though... Let's hope that's the way they release it...
    Look at Yuugiou and Shaman King, the demand from fans was high enough. So they released uncut versions of the shows. So if the demand is high enough, we might get uncut movies...look at how close we came to it with movie 6.

Back