• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official Movie 8 "Mew and the Wave Guiding Hero" Discussion

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    If I recally correctly, Ho-Oh's appearance was also a signal to the Gameboy players that there were more Pok?mon and that a new set were coming soon (Red and Green came out in 1995 whereas the anime aired in 1997). It was just something to make everyone watching say "What the HELL is THAT?!" along with Satoshi. XD Plus Ho-Oh ended up becoming one of the more significant Legendaries. It was somewhat of a God considering it granted life to the Pok?mon that died in the tower and it decides who is worthy and who is not worthy to be able to see it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I still think that at least for the Satoshi anime ending, Ho-Oh will play a big part. But thats if this movie hints at his story arc ending.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    Supposing it ends. :\ I don't doubt there is a strong, hidden tie between Ho-Oh and Ash, but I doubt it would signify all that much. If anything, it does signify a new beginning, but only for him. he did see Ho-Oh, after all, just before he left for Hoenn. And he went that way because Ho-Oh did.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    I doubt he'd be a supporting character. Pretty sure he'd end up being like Red and traveling around the world by himself with Pikachu and whatever Pok?mon he captures.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Satoshi wouldn't travel on his own though, he might go with Takeshi to do it. Max won't being the mani lead. You're buying to much into this^^;

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    max doesn't really LOOK like a main character as ash does. In my idea, max will always be supporting, as it should be.

PoKeSaFaRi

Former PokemonSafari Webmaster
    Years
    max doesn't really LOOK like a main character as ash does. In my idea, max will always be supporting, as it should be.

Looks the same to me. Max is a supporting character, I don't think he will take over Ash's main character spot, basically for one reason: MAX DOES NOT HAVE A POKEMON LICENSE :P

OK, this is getting off topic now, please lets get into the topic again.

In this Mew movie, a tree seems to have some importance. In both website and poster that tree appears on the background, overlapped by the movie logo. What relation ship can that tree have with Mew? And what about the Castle?

Any theories? As for the tree, it could be some kind of important reference point for something...

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    The tree is just background, the whole set for the movie is going to be on one of those lush island/hiddencastle/I pwn you sort of things.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    Highly doubt it. >_> The island looks pretty lively aside from the old castle, so it'd make sense there'd be a big tree.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
    ...forgive me if I'm worng, as I haven't gone much into the anime in forever...

Did the southern islands (that small TCG set) ever make it into the anime? I remember Mew being in that set, so would it be possible that could be the setting for Movie 8?

Just a thought~

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Well, they have not been shown in the anime yet. So this movie might have a chance of them being there, I don't think so though.

aRedMoon

Years
    It could serve as a filler area between Hoenn and the new Diamond/Pearl land. :/

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I don't think so, we still have Satoshi and Haruka to get their last badge and ribbon, plus their final competions. So It might end in enough were we don't have a filler....I hope.

aRedMoon

Years
    There was an estimated... 25 or so episodes? That's a lot of episodes for not all that many things. :/

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    How long did the silver confrence take? Double that and add the time it takes to get the badges and ribbon, enough time I say.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Of course that's not even considering that something might happen in one of those to side-track the group, or that someone might try to manipulate one of the tournaments in some way. That tends to happen later on in many Animes. (Ahem... Dragonball, Yu Yu Hakusho, Yu Gi Oh!, Medabots, Beyblade, coming soon to Megaman NT...)

aRedMoon

Years
    @_@;

25 episodes is half of a series in some cases - and only getting one badge? :/ That's just... horrid. >>;

Back