• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official Movie 8 "Mew and the Wave Guiding Hero" Discussion

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
Years
  • Highly unlikely since the most you'll get out of Pok?mon is the original translated dialogue and original music. Not much to cut from Pocket Monsters. Not to mention, Viz would be pissed after having finally caught up in releasing the DVDs and found out they'd have to start over with uncut versions. >>

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Yeah, also the fact that now they have alot of new voices. They'd have to redo the entire series from scratch to not make it awkward. I mean, just think of what it would sound like having Ash's old voice from season 1 and using his new one from the ones we see today... That would be extremely annoying... If they go uncut, it should just be from now on, so they don't have to redo the series again...

Another idea. Voice outtakes. That would make it cool. Maybe someone could get some of the recorded outtakes and make Flash Movies out of them...

BigCN401

[insert something here]
    Years
  • Hmm...

*watches video...

3 minutes and 35 seconds later...*

WTF? ROTFLMAO.

*ahem* Back to the topic... erm, well... if the US version of the 7 movie is uncut AND presented in Widescreen when I get the DVD version, I will run outside with my clothes off. */lie* That's all I have to say... for now.

<_<
    >_>

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
  • BigCN401 said:
    *ahem* Back to the topic... erm, well... if the US version of the 7 movie is uncut AND presented in Widescreen when I get the DVD version, I will run outside with my clothes off. */lie* That's all I have to say... for now.
    That's no lie! Because we all know they'll never make the movies in widescreen format. >_>

BigCN401

[insert something here]
    Years
  • JKaizer said:
    Widescreen or full screen... doesn't make that much of a difference to me.
    Fine then. Think inside the box. Get it? Box?!? :D *is shot for bad pun* x_x

...and 4Kids wonder why sales on DVD is doing poorly. That because they never see my money. My money has been converted into Yen and sent to Japan.

And Elite Trainer Raven, I'm sure people don't want to see me running outside the street with no clothes, right? :P

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
  • Actually, the movie DVDs sell quite well. They bombed in theaters mainly cause Miramax didn't bother advertising the **** things and making them more widely available.

And widescreen and fullscreen makes a load of differences. Making something into fullscreen that was originally widescreen tends to cut off a good chunk of the picture. The first movie was a good example where we see HALF of Takeshi's face while he's talking in the dub. Cropping the screen is pretty bad, although certainly better than just squashing it together (like .hack//Legend of the Twilight's dub when it aired on Cartoon Network).

BigCN401

[insert something here]
    Years
  • Well I wasn't quite sure of the total number of DVD made vs the amount of DVD sold. All I know that in RI, US, the only place I can find copies of Pok?mon movies on DVD is at Fye(sp?; whatever it called) in mall and it sells for $25. @_@ Good thing there's eBay because I bought the movie for $15... Okay, so I lie again. 4Kids did see my money... from a seller on eBay. LOL

As for making the movie available on Widescreen, I hope so in the future so I can freakin' watch the dub (I'm trying to be nice to 4Kids) on my widescreen TV. :D

Hmm... I think we may had gone off topic here and I know why. I'll stop here until there's more info on the 8th movie.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    BigCN401 said:
    Well I wasn't quite sure of the total number of DVD made vs the amount of DVD sold. All I know that in RI, US, the only place I can find copies of Pok?mon movies on DVD is at Fye(sp?; whatever it called) in mall and it sells for $25. @_@ Good thing there's eBay because I bought the movie for $15... Okay, so I lie again. 4Kids did see my money... from a seller on eBay. LOL

As for making the movie available on Widescreen, I hope so in the future so I can freakin' watch the dub (I'm trying to be nice to 4Kids) on my widescreen TV. :D

Hmm... I think we may had gone off topic here and I know why. I'll stop here until there's more info on the 8th movie.
    You know there are cheap stores like wal-mart that sell the DVDs for like 15$ each.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Yeah, the story for Groudon and Kyogre is already tied up by the time they get to that movie. Actually it will be tied up before Deoxys.

If they are going to use any Legendary Pokemon from AG, it will probably be the Regis, but I think they are going to use one from the 4th Edition instead. It would follow the Movie tradition and ensure that Satoshi remains in the show for at least another Edition.

Eliana

The |R a m p a g e|
    Years
  • Allow me to say something really dumb....XD
    I know this is stupid but:
    What about Latios? its plausible..
    at the end of the 5th movie, he stopped the wave.
    In one of the pictures of the 8th movie, Mew is shown holding this thing...what if its the soul dew? *runs away* XD

Back