• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official PC Tutoring Program Info & Sign Up

Ársa

k.
    Years
    I think it would be easier (Although harder for the mods) If we had a Thread for each Tutor Level. That way, we don't have overlapping posts on different parts.

EDIT: Just thought, get everyone to type up their section and post it before anyone else does, then that person edits that part with the latest "lesson". I think that would work fine.

~T_S

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    I think it would be a lot easier for people if there was someone there to explain what the person was reading. And I've already asked Blueberry, only these two threads....

Ársa

k.
    Years
    See the edit. Ask to have the Classes one removed so we can make another Classes Thread. Get all the Tutors to type up their first post and show it to you. Once that is done, we post the Thread and all the Tutors add their post about their classes, and what they are learning a.t.m. That way, the apprentices can simply look back to the front page for what they are learning at that point in time. It would be much easier than occasional updates that some don't ever see.

~T_S

Ooka

Years
    See the edit. Ask to have the Classes one removed so we can make another Classes Thread. Get all the Tutors to type up their first post and show it to you. Once that is done, we post the Thread and all the Tutors add their post about their classes, and what they are learning a.t.m. That way, the apprentices can simply look back to the front page for what they are learning at that point in time. It would be much easier than occasional updates that some don't ever see.

~T_S

Yeah, I had read the edit, and what I'm saying is that it's a lot easier for someone to explain it to a person, so they can ask questions, instead of them just posting it up for the person to read. If it were that simple, we wouldn't even have this, people would just be going to Serebii.

Ársa

k.
    Years
    No, I mean we can have the "What we are learning today" on the front post, but teach the class through mass PM.

None of it would actually be done in the Class thread, other than questions.

EDIT: Can you battle now, or no? I really wanna test a team is all.

~T_S

Johny_Hungry

Drunkin Poke Loser
    Years
    Ok, now my only concern w/ all of this is a single factor i dont necessarily own my own game/DS, hopefully we can work around that. Next time i have it over night/weekend i will say something

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I think it should be 1 tutor to 5 people- just thinking, due to PM's.

Ooka

Years
    Ok, now my only concern w/ all of this is a single factor i dont necessarily own my own game/DS, hopefully we can work around that. Next time i have it over night/weekend i will say something

You don't need a DS really, do you have Shoddy?

I didn't get to work on the Lesson plans yet, but it shouldn't take long once I get started.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    Hey Ooka, if you're in need of another tutor, I could always help out.

I've been finding more time with spring break coming up. Only losers go to the beach or something during spring break. The cool people stay inside and play games. ;-)

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    Steel can you teach me? since i still dont know mine :/

Justin T

Hydro Action
    Years
    Sign me up please. I have many different ev trained iv bred pokemon, but have little idea of how they work. I have classified them, but wouldn't know what to pair up with what. I also don't know how to battle that well at all. Would love to learn.

Beginner
    Anti pop or T_S I know you guys are great so if you want to teach me, that would be great.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    Steel can you teach me? since i still dont know mine :/

Really, depends what you want to know.

My specialty is competitive battling, but I know about EVs and IVs and all that jazz.

I guess if you had to put this is true education terms, I'd be teaching the course "Advanced Competitive Battling", but really, just PM me with what you'd like to learn about.

Harpuia

Dunlop? who's that?
    Years
    I doubt you really need any teaching kitty..and wow Richard steel I have heard about you, they say you are good.....

Ooka

Years

My specialty is competitive battling, but I know about EVs and IVs and all that jazz.

I guess if you had to put this is true education terms, I'd be teaching the course "Advanced Competitive Battling", but really, just PM me with what you'd like to learn about.

Well Richard, seeing as how you kinda taught me everything, and I started this, you really don't have to ask to be a tutor. So yeah, you can take Skittles place, she hasn't replied since her battle anyways.

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013

Well I can't make a team for my life and i get surprised by pokemon that i never encountered for example Stallrien .....

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    Well I can't make a team for my life and i get surprised by pokemon that i never encountered for example Stallrien .....

Hmmm... nothing can be done about the second part. You learn through practice. The more you battle, the more you can predict move-sets and how exactly some Pokemon are used (barring noobs who use totally off-beat movesets, in which case even I can be surprised).

But the first part is relatively easy to fix. I've often used a basic framework for any team, as in, there are certain elements you really MUST have, and I'll see if I can remember them. It also depends what kind of team you want to run, as in 1.) a sweeper team 2.) a stall team (like what I use), or 3.) a mixed team.

A pure sweeper team is a team comprised of all sweepers; an example of this would be a team composed of Garchomp, Alakazam, Metagross, Heracross, Charizard and Weavile. A team like this relies on simply massacring the enemy and trying to do it as fast as possible. These teams tend to be extremely hard to pull off with the existence of Blissey, Skarmory, Bronzong, and the likes.

A pure stall team is my personal favourite, and an example would be something like: Blissey, Skarmory, Dusknoir, Claydol, Miltank, and Milotic. Some would argue Milotic and Miltank, since they can dish out some decent attacking power, but for the most part, a pure stall team is a team that relies on prediction skill and annoyance, and for the most part picks away at the enemy until they're down.

And a mixed team is more common, composed of both walls and sweepers. This is the type to shoot for if you're more of a beginner. And in this case, you need a few basic things:

1.) A special sweeper
    2.) A physical sweeper
    3.) A special wall
    4.) A physical wall

These four can sometimes be combined, like with Milotic being a dual special wall/special sweeper. Metagross can sometimes make a dual physical sweeper/physical wall. Miltank can make a good dual special/physical wall AND can dish out some good physical power. So play around with these combos all you want.

Now, this is slightly basic. But there are a few more elements you absolutely NEED for a successful team (and by successful, I mean a team you can use consistently and win with).

5.) A Flyer/Levitator - the single most common and predictable physical move out there is Earthquake. Great power, and great type coverage... except against Flying types and Pokemon with the Levitate ability. So, to prevent some douche like Garchomp from ruining your day, make sure you carry something that is immune to it's most powerful STAB move.

6.) A Spiker/Stealth Rocker - Spikes and Stealth Rock can get annoying; make use of it.

7.) A Rapid Spinner - Spikes and Stealth Rock CAN get annoying; make sure you carry something to get rid of them.

8.) A Ghost - This is more optional, but a Ghost can be extremely helpful for completely blocking Fighting moves and Normal moves. Not to mention Explosions; nothing, and I mean NOTHING is scarier than going up against a dying Metagross that's looking to Explode, and viably massacre one of your Pokemon. A Ghost Pokemon can completely screw over your opponent in this case.

That's about it, and I've got to go, but if I think of anything else, I shall let you know!

Ooka

Years
    Thanks Richard, now we've got something to use in the lesson that Anti'll be teaching xD

Back