• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...well kay then. XD

But I'm not completely throwing the trio rumour out of the window just yet, it seems that it could be somewhat possible, though it does match with the fakemon so... D:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I noticed that with Team Plasma dressed as Knights, the colors black and white, How the Legends are placed in opposing sides, I can see a chess theme going on...So maybe the Third version is Crimson as Red is a common color found in chess boards...

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    I noticed that with Team Plasma dressed as Knights, the colors black and white, How the Legends are placed in opposing sides, I can see a chess theme going on...So maybe the Third version is Crimson as Red is a common color found in chess boards...
    I thought red and black were checkers and Black and white were chess?

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024

crimson would be an interesting name..

Waki Tobaye

Now known as City Checkpoint.
    Years
    Normal/Fighting would be horrible. A fighting pokemon that is weak to fighting would be really strange.
    I think you're forgetting Lucario. And he's pretty cool.

Minezumi Evo:

Official Rumours Thread
    IMHO this one sucks. It reminds me of Alvin from Alvin and the Chimpunks.

like umm, ekans hurl...
    Oh, that minigame from PS! Those were pretty good ones .w.

Indeed, I think almost everybody prefers Crimson than Gray or Brown.

Team Plasma... what could their goal be? I'm reaaaally looking forward to see what they're up to this time. I'd be cool if there's something to do with time traveling (looking at their clothing [medieval, as MRAS said] and at Victini's apparent backstory [SPP said it came from the past, hence 000])

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    So maybe the Third version is Crimson as Red is a common color found in chess boards...

Indeed, I think almost everybody prefers Crimson than Gray or Brown.

Opal. Opal. Opal.

I'm still going along with Opal, but since Crimson is also trademark'd it can go either way :(

Team Plasma... what could their goal be? I'm reaaaally looking forward to see what they're up to this time. I'd be cool if there's something to do with time traveling (looking at their clothing [medieval, as MRAS said] and at Victini's apparent backstory [SPP said it came from the past, hence 000])

Hmm... going back in time, possible, considering the Celebi event. Maybe Plasma goes back in time, and depending on what version you're playing, uses the legendary to get rid of all nature, or get rid of all technology. Back when people were planning to build Isshu, so perhaps a reference to the previous games can come into it, like it's planned in Kanto, to create a futuristic city, (which'll give Kanto a mention), and when it's starting to get built Plasma sends its legendary out to destroy either nature or technology, when this happens, time stops itself and fasts forward in your game to a world with more technology, or a world with more nature. Then when you face the two legendaries, order is restored to Isshu, as the effects are reversed or something. idk.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years

Opal. Opal. Opal.

I'm still going along with Opal, but since Crimson is also trademark'd it can go either way :(

Hmm... going back in time, possible, considering the Celebi event. Maybe Plasma goes back in time, and depending on what version you're playing, uses the legendary to get rid of all nature, or get rid of all technology. Back when people were planning to build Isshu, so perhaps a reference to the previous games can come into it, like it's planned in Kanto, to create a futuristic city, (which'll give Kanto a mention), and when it's starting to get built Plasma sends its legendary out to destroy either nature or technology, when this happens, time stops itself and fasts forward in your game to a world with more technology, or a world with more nature. Then when you face the two legendaries, order is restored to Isshu, as the effects are reversed or something. idk.

For once the names of the games are being named according to the plot as well as the mascots. Black and White are mentioned in the plots, so I dont see how Opal would be in the plot for the third games.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    In relation to the names mentioned a few posts back, I was actually thinking about them tonight and by process of elimination, I actually now think the third game name will be Opal.

I think it just relates to the G/S/C pattern in relation to D/P/Pt, which are the game names with opposing names, in other words, it should match up like Gold/Silver/Platinum and Diamond/Pearl/Crystal. Then I look at R/B/Y and R/S/E, which actually match up as per their previous two games. Because of these two patterns, B/W is the 5th, and the odd one out. (Also notice how the matching names pattern were set at the same time). This means Black and White, both colours, should best match up with something that relates less to the other generations. The two it followed - with "neutral" colours, like Diamond/Pearl/Gold/Silver, etc, being...idk lightish, not really on the colour spectrum (Uh, unsure how to describe it), and the fact that these are Black and White, being neutral colours, too... suggests that the third game won't follow the pattern of matching up colours with colours, or gems with gems and instead a colour that contrasts the two, well, combines them. Opal is sort of like a whiteish colour, which can also be seen to be sort of misty, together that could be the combination of Black and White. Due to this, I believe there will be a grey legendary within B/W that people will be all like "omg new game is gray/grey", when they'll overlook the fact that in B/W, the title legendaries were contrasting, not complimentary colours (well, I think that's what I mean at least), but yeah, logically the third game will be named Opal.

Then again, this is just my theory, so yeah.

^ Is all I have to say. Plus a few extra points since then but overall...that.

fireyboy345

Skilled Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    Also, depending on how you look at opal it can also be multicolored with beautiful colors. If the first two games are both about shades i would think that the third one would be about every color that can be in between black and white which is any color. I hope someone understands what im trying to say....

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Also, depending on how you look at opal it can also be multicolored with beautiful colors. If the first two games are both about shades i would think that the third one would be about every color that can be in between black and white which is any color. I hope someone understands what im trying to say....
    I read something about Grey containing all the color in between or something like that, I didn't really understand it

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    How would it be related to G/S/C and D/P/Pt? The titles are colored, and the only generation to have colors didn't have a gem, it had a color. You can't really use patterns here since the patterns contradict each other.
    Of course, I could always be misinterpreting it, so you shouldn't take what I say too seriously, especially considering the fact that I don't really care about what the third version will be called.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Tbh I haven't even re-read over what I said, but basically... because White = Black Pokemon and Black = White Pokemon, the third cannot be Grey because only White and Black can really "suit" it, I guess. So I see Opal fitting in, but whatevs. I think it makes more sense than Crimson, anyway.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Red doesn't fit into the theme though.

Zekrom = Electric, so yellow and Reshiram = Fire, so red. That means the colour is already covered and that would be... giving Reshiram too much, idk, but because of that reason, I don't think it's going to happen based on that reasoning.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Red doesn't fit into the theme though.

Zekrom = Electric, so yellow and Reshiram = Fire, so red. That means the colour is already covered and that would be... giving Reshiram too much, idk, but because of that reason, I don't think it's going to happen based on that reasoning.

I agree that it doesn't fit the theme, but be aware that their typing doesn't mean anything. No one thought Reshiram was going to be a fire type simply because it didn't have any similarities to other fire types. This game breaks normal standards so you really can't use the same judgment you did with other games. I guess we'll have to see the third legendary before we can accurately judge, won't we? ^^

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    I honestly think that the third game (if there is one at all) will be named using logic with something we haven't thought before. For all we know there could be something in B/W that will give us a better clue as to what it could be.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back