• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Heck, it just might be. Give Donphan a thunderstone and BAM! Watch the fireworks fly.
    Maybe but not with a thunderstone! When every they make a new evolution they make a new evolution method/stone that wouldn't have been in the previous generation. For example, they could of just given Eevee a leaf stone to turn it into Glaceon but they made the moss rock...~

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years

Maybe but not with a thunderstone! When every they make a new evolution they make a new evolution method/stone that wouldn't have been in the previous generation. For example, they could of just given Eevee a leaf stone to turn it into Leafeon but they made the moss rock...~
    Yeah they do that or they could make it evolve by stone (thunderstone) but only after it learns a certain move like a combo of the Move evolution and stone evolkution ;)

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
    I think there will be evolutions exclusive to each version (like a split evo. A could evolve into B in Black and C by the same method in White. Not sure what would happen in the third version.)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I think there will be evolutions exclusive to each version (like a split evo. A could evolve into B in Black and C by the same method in White. Not sure what would happen in the third version.)
    Good idea, version exclusive evolutions, though the Eeveelutions were sort of Version exclusives evolutions as they can't evolve in HGSS only DPPt to Glaceon and Leafeon...

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    IDK but there is something about Tsutarja knowing vine whip going around on Serebii. Sabonea_Masukippa is talking about it.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    IDK but there is something about Tsutarja knowing vine whip going around on Serebii. Sabonea_Masukippa is talking about it.

Yeah and like Power Whip or something idk... I guess his supposed attacks are whips...

Years
    Hah, Electrophant has the most horrible STAB attack type combo, both completely negated by Gliscor and resisted by Rotom, two of the best physical walls in today's metagame (it's an elephant, obv. physical). I dunno about after BW, but their wonderful typings and resistances should keep them in the game easily. :P

Wow, thats like, 2 pokemon. Not that big of a deal. Plus with all these new battle enhancing/changing features, "today's metagame" will be turned on its head.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    It's not anything. It's confirmed to be fake now.

I had a feeling. They probably won't reveal any new pokémon to us until the release of the games which isn't far away (18 more days starting tomorrow), so it's possible.
    If you think about it in 18 days, a majority of the rumors will be either proven fake or confirmed. The excitement continues and I for one, can't wait to find out everything. :)

Shadow01192

RK9 Unit
    Years
    Can I just ask why a ground type pokemon would have volt absorb? Seems a bit fake, granted I love the idea and am totally behind this if it is real.

Years
    The elephant has volt absorb probably so it can use it's Electric attribute to it's advantage. It's pretty odd though, I agree, because ground is completely invulnerable against lightning attacks.

Shadow01192

RK9 Unit
    Years
    The elephant has volt absorb probably so it can use it's Electric attribute to it's advantage. It's pretty odd though, I agree, because ground is completely invulnerable against lightning attacks.

If it is immune to electric type and therefore can not take damage from them how is it supposed to heal from electric type moves hitting it since no damage calculation happen to tell it how much to heal?

The idea behind lightning rod is it gets hit by electricity but can't be hurt by it so it doesn't matter, thus why lightning rod makes sense. I would still love an electric ground with lightning rod, but I can't honestly believe the one currently presented, and if it is real it raises quite a few questions.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2011
    SCHOOL RUMOUR

At school I heard from my worst enemy that Rotom will be getting new formes for every single Pokémon.

AKA:

Rotom: Bulbasaur
    Rotom: Ivysaur
    Rotom: Venasaur

Which swaps the Attack and Defense Stats around on that Pokémon, knowing random moves.

I don't believe him. But I'll ask anyway, "IS IT TRUE, UNLIKELY OR DEFINATILY FAKE?"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back