• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

How do you feel about the Mega Evolutions?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I think the main reason he did not include them is because we do not know if they are just forms or evolutions. They called Mewtwo form a new pokemon, but then said ti was a form.

And now the Mewtwo form is considered an "Evolution" So in a sense its still a new Pokemon with a potential new name.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Well.. I am not much of a fan of this idea. Seriously gamefreak , Starter pokemon?! What about hoenn remakes? This "mega stone" better not be obtainable in the hoenn remakes. Something tells me this might be a joke though.
    I'd rather have that mawile mega form as a evolution for it. Same for absol. Other than that, the only thing wrong with it is blaziken mega form.
    I completely agree with you. And if this is indeed a joke, I'll be really happy.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I believe that All starter Pokemon should get Mega Evolution .
    Why should Only Blaziken blessed with it ?

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    Ok well forsure Blaziken would not be the only starter to get a mega form, that would be a slap in the face not only Swampert and Sceptile, but too 5 other generations of starters that we know and love,! I would Love too see what a MegaFeraligatr looks like, or MegaBlastoise,! Charzard would hope fully get that dragon type most everybody wants,! And I'm very interested to see how a tank of a Torterra would look like too,! But what other pokemon would look badass as a mega,? Gyrados, Pinsir, Hydreigon,?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I believe that All starter Pokemon should get Mega Evolution .
    Why should Only Blaziken blessed with it ?

Because Blaziken is loved more than the other starters, used more, and worshiped more than the mudkip overlords.

and Gamefreak loves to troll us...which is possibly the most credible remark.

Years
  • I really doubt they will make Mega's for all Pokemon though.. there is confirmed to be over 700 Pokemon now. If they don't account for pre-evolutions that is still a LOT of Pokemon to give Megas. Probably like.. 300-400? It's like releasing 400-500 new Pokemon in one Gen when you count the actual new Pokemon.

I'm sure only final forms will get them. So Magikarp wouldn't get one, but Gyrados does.

I really think there will just be a few lucky/favorited Pokemon.

No. If this was the case, Mawile, Absol, and Amphardos wouldn't get one.

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
    Years
  • I think, that Mega-evolutions won't be as extensive as everyone thinks. They said that the first one will be an event thing. So, maybe all of them will be events, and each one will be designed for megaevolution. The coding will be in the game, but the pokemon won't be obtainable normally.
    This mega stone, might be a one-shot item. They could just be, sort of like legendary versions of normal pokemon. Stronger, better, but rare, as they would be event exclusive. And like many other pokemon of that sort they might also be tournament banned. As well as in-game banned from battle facilities.
    If it's like that, then this mega-evolution thing could work out well. Otherwise, it won't go well.
    They might have something come up in the series, as well as something in-game, like a built-in event, that talks about how Mega-Evolution was discovered, and that only under certain conditions can it occur.

The only real problem I have with this, is Lucario's type change. Lucario has always been a dragon-slayer, due to the fact that it could learn powerful dragon and ice moves, AND was dragon resistant thanks to it's steel typing. Now it'll be weak to water, which is a LOT more common than fire. And it loses its poison immunity. And it's best ability, is inner focus, adaptability isn't all that great.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I think, that Mega-evolutions won't be as extensive as everyone thinks. They said that the first one will be an event thing. So, maybe all of them will be events, and each one will be designed for megaevolution. The coding will be in the game, but the pokemon won't be obtainable normally.
    This mega stone, might be a one-shot item. They could just be, sort of like legendary versions of normal pokemon. Stronger, better, but rare, as they would be event exclusive. And like many other pokemon of that sort they might also be tournament banned. As well as in-game banned from battle facilities.
    If it's like that, then this mega-evolution thing could work out well. Otherwise, it won't go well.

The only real problem I have with this, is Lucario's type change. Lucario has always been a dragon-slayer, due to the fact that it could learn powerful dragon and ice moves, AND was dragon resistant thanks to it's steel typing. Now it'll be weak to water, which is a LOT more common than fire. And it loses its poison immunity. And it's best ability, is inner focus, adaptability isn't all that great.
    Lucario still has the same type, the Fire/Fighting was a typo by Serebii.

I don't think all the Mega stages will be fan favorites...now if so then Rayquaza should get one as it got voted the favorite mascot back in Gen V...

Munchlax11

Munch?
    Years
    • Age 26
    • USA
    • Seen Feb 15, 2014
    I am pretty excited about this. I hope they are actual evolutions instead of forms though. I hope there are a lot more pokemon that get "Megaevolutions", but I don't see why they just give these pokemon regular evos. I don't get the need to make it "mega". But I'm sure once we learn more it will make sense.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    This... Is not cool.

I'm sorry but this is the first thing from Gen 6 that I'm honestly just disgusted by. Maybe I'm overreacting but I find this so appalling and just filthy and wrong.

I am literally feeling sick to my stomach about this. Just looking at these "mega" forms is so utterly disturbing to me. I wish this was fake but I have a strong inkling that this is actually real, because I've never seen Serebii post something fake (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

Years
  • This... Is not cool.

I'm sorry but this is the first thing from Gen 6 that I'm honestly just disgusted by. Maybe I'm overreacting but I find this so appalling and just filthy and wrong.

I am literally feeling sick to my stomach about this. Just looking at these "mega" forms is so utterly disturbing to me. I wish this was fake but I have a strong inkling that this is actually real, because I've never seen Serebii post something fake (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).
    They have once...they posted a fake picture of an grass owl Pokémon last generation.

zlip

______
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    HAHAHAAHAH You're killing me HAHAHAHA

....wait you're serious?!?

Insanity aside, this raises a lot of questions.
    -Will all Pokémon/Starters be receiving this?
    -Will it have any drawbacks like EX Pokémon in the TCG?
    -Are they going to get better names rather than just "Mega(Pokémon name)"?
    -Can you de-evolve them back? (I would have liked to seen this awhile ago)
    -Will this tie in with the plot? (PLEASE focus on and keep doing better plotlines like Gen 5's)

Definitely interesting but for now it seems like something for the purpose of drawing in new gamers with promises of "SuperAwesomeMegaHugeExtreme Beasts of Pure Power!!!" that kids love.

Years
  • They can't 100% confirm something is true because there was a CoroCoro cover. Really?!? There are many talented artists out there that can whip up a reproduction of the corocoro aesthetic. I won't believe a word until the 11th/12th when the issue is released. Or until their is a gameplay video.

Years
  • I think this describes the fandom pretty well right now "The new "Mega evolutions" have pretty much made the Pokemon fandom explode. Some are already crying Ruined Forever while others love it and talking about what other Pokemon they want to have this new mechanic. But most as of now are just confused and want more information. "

This is the most base breaking event I've seen out of all fandom's I'm part of...hopefully people will get used to them.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I really hope that ALL starters and then extra Pokémon get this evolution. I mean, can you imagine a Mega-Sceptile? Or a Mega-Ninetails (Fire/Ghost anyone?).

It would be so awesome.

Back