• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    Are you saying that you hatched an egg you got from a trade on PC? Or you got one in a trade on PC?

I hatched an egg that I got from PC and I thought the colors looked different so I took it into battle and it was shiny.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • Just to let you know we heard you the first time and the answer to my knowledge is NO.

I am currently hatching for a Shiny Pansage. why? I don't know.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • I hatched an egg that I got from PC and I thought the colors looked different so I took it into battle and it was shiny.

Okay, well, the latest I heard from Smogon is that the coding regarding shiny eggs and trades are the same. If that is the case then you're either lying or you hacked. The reason being, Smogon did extensive testing on shiny Pokemon, they found that if you have an egg that will hatch to be a shiny in one game, then trade it to another, on the hatch screen it will look shiny, but when you go to the summary you will have found that the shinyness is gone. It's because of the whole PID/ID/OT/etc thing.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    Okay, well, the latest I heard from Smogon is that the coding regarding shiny eggs and trades are the same. If that is the case then you're either lying or you hacked. The reason being, Smogon did extensive testing on shiny Pokemon, they found that if you have an egg that will hatch to be a shiny in one game, then trade it to another, on the hatch screen it will look shiny, but when you go to the summary you will have found that the shinyness is gone. It's because of the whole PID/ID/OT/etc thing.

Well I didn't hack it and it still looks shiny in the summary

Prince_McCovey_Pika

Prince of Panada
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2012
    I caught a a shiny gurdurr in white just going from town to town in twist cave. I caught it in a quick ball since it was lv28 and my pokemon completely outleveled it by 30 or so. I nicknamed it Gir :)

That makes it that i've caught a shiny in every gen (counting FR/LG as gen 1) and thats counting the shiny gyarados in G/S/C.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I'm still going with Erufuun. It's the cutest little thing ever.
    Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]

This is definitely improved sprite when it became shiny.
    Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]

Whimsicott's shiny sprite looks pretty nice for a Grass-type Pokemon. :)

Why...does Garbodor's shiny sprite...remind me...of ice cream?

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    I haven't caught a shiny in Black or White yet. D: I'm not surprised - I tend to be unlucky with shinies anyway. The last one I caught was in Sapphire several years ago. D8 It was a Poochyena. And then the Shellder in Silver... ugh.

Rawrinism

Shandera'd
    Years
  • Hm, haven't come across a shiny yet, but while I was in the Abundant Shrine, I encountered a Stantler and I saw it was all gold and I was so excited for my first shiny but then it didn't have the stars around it and I was like "FUUUUU-" ;3;
    I've always thought they're shiny form was gold ...

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2013
    Getting shinies in this game seems a lot easier, I've hatched a shiny deerling (<3) and a shiny cleffa within two days of eachother. :3

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years
  • -_-. Roughly about 50 hours spent in-game and still haven't come across one single shiny. Typical. I've never come across a single shiny in any Pokemon game, except for stupid shiny event Gyarados.

Back