• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I already mentioned this in the recent captures thread, but I caught a shiny Gothita a few nights back. The nature (Naive) isn't suited for it, but I kept it anyway, making it my first Unova shiny. To be honest, there isn't much of a difference between the original Gothita and its shiny form.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I already mentioned this in the recent captures thread, but I caught a shiny Gothita a few nights back. The nature (Naive) isn't suited for it, but I kept it anyway, making it my first Unova shiny. To be honest, there isn't much of a difference between the original Gothita and its shiny form.

I really hate that, when a Pokemon shiny form doesn't have a huge difference in color. I felt this way when I got a Reshiram off of Wifi today and when I looked in my PC, I didn't realize that it was shiny. i was so shocked when I found that out

:t354:TG

ToWriteLove

On Her Arms
    Years
    I haven't ran into any shinies unfortunately, and already beaten the game. one of my friends just got the game a couple of days ago and ran into a shiny foongus and purloin. -.-

Hoping I can obtain a shiny axew, shelmet, solosis, and klink, those are the only 4 I truly like shiny.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]

Caught him on Victory Road with a quick ball.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I really hate that, when a Pokemon shiny form doesn't have a huge difference in color. I felt this way when I got a Reshiram off of Wifi today and when I looked in my PC, I didn't realize that it was shiny. i was so shocked when I found that out

If you got a shiny Reshiram off wifi, it's hacked. You can't get a shiny Reshiram or Zekrom. :( Though there's the full box when you go to the tower rumour about them being shiny, but I doubt that really being true.

Either way, if a shiny Reshiram is possible I'd want one...only issue is that I've never found a shiny yet, so. XD

Last edited:

Adam.

Knowledge isn't everything.
    Years
    I finally managed to breed a Shiny Heatmor using the Masuda Method! Yey! It was my third try at it and the black and orange Heatmor came on 166th egg.
    It happened yesterday night when I was watching TV, I looked down at the hatched-egg screen to see the Heatmor. I was gobsmacked as I tried this twice before and gave up when I got past 200 eggs.
    I'm so happy and now I have restored faith in the Masuda method; might even try to breed some other shinies... :)

blue

gucci
    Years
    I loathe anyone who finds a shiny on B/W

I really hope I find a shiny on B/W soon because I just want that achievement of finding a shiny, not just on B/W but on any other game, but I mainly play B/W soooo...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    I have been playing pokemon ever since gold came out. I have played every game that has come out and played through them many times. I have never once encountered a shiny pokemon. Maybe white version will be different.

Years
    this generation, I've been really lucky with shinies. so far, during the game, I found a shiny darumaka in the game and caught it. after I completed the pokemon league, I also found a shiny staryu (now a starmie) whilst surfing and caught that. the other shiny I've accquired is a shiny growlithe (now an arcanine) after using the method of breeding with a japanese pokemon. it took a hell of a few days to do, but it was so worth it. it's sooo cute! <3

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    So last night a friend was trying to hunt down a shiny Litwick. I felt like trying to breed one so I turned on my japanese black and began breeding my level 100 japanese Chandelure with an english ditto I had transferred over. I didn't expect anything other than what happened in my other breeding attempts... I'd hatch a hundred or so eggs and give up because I was tired of it. That's what I expected...

25 eggs later (I hatch all 5 eggs without looking THEN look at them) the last egg in my batch hatched (26-30) And the first one in the batch was a shiny. She's Jolly|Good Perseverance. I'm honestly debating on evolving her.

Spoiler:

Adam.

Knowledge isn't everything.
    Years
    Well, with my new gained faith with the Masuda method (when I got my shiny Heatmor), I'm now going to try and hatch a Shiny Trubbish. It definetly looks a lot better shiny as the trash within it's arms (and it's Garbodor's stomach) look like precious metals. :D

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I'm going to try the matsuda method and hope to get a shiny seed baby...
    so far I've seen a shiny each gen so hopefully I'll find a wild shiny in BW too...
    One of my favorite shines is Rashiram...too bad it's impossible to get one without hacking...

The Eagle

I choose Agumon!
    Years
    I wouldnt know a shiny if it slapped me in the face >.< Is there a way to tell, other than the colours, if a pokemon is a shiny?

At the very start of the battle watch it closely and it will sparkle for a small bit of time Unlike those stupid Twilight vampires, thats how you tell. If your unsure look up on the internet Shiny * Insert Pokemon Here * and check the colours :D

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Not really having the thought of finding a shiny anytime soon throughout the game, I was EV training my Larvesta with Litwick for Special Attack EVs, and I ended up running into this little guy.

Now I can finally raise a shiny Chandelure which I had been planning to for some time now. :D

Giraffe

キリンリキ
    Years
    I caught a Shiny Minccino in the grass east of Nimbasa City; I was looking for an Audino, accidently ran into some grass, and.... out jumped a Shiny Minccino. I've nicknamed her Narcissa.

I love the way they have a pink-ish tint & little green fluff inside their ears. x33

Back