• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OLD] ★The New Users' Hangout★

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
  • The New Users' Hangout ★

Welcome to PC, and welcome to NU/W's New Users' Hangout! Yep, the New Users' Hangout has been resurrected!​
    JOIN THE CONVERSATION!
    This is the thread where new members can test the waters of what our community is like here, and maybe break the ice here. Meet fellow other new members that joined the same day or same time as you did, and also get to know other staff members and regular members here!

You are more than welcome to make your first post here, but it is highly encouraged to make your own introduction thread, so you can be welcomed personally by members here. :D We're really friendly, so don't expect us to bite or anything! Don't know how to make an intro? You can ask one of us here. :)​

A few things to know before posting:

- Anyone is welcome to post here: Just because this is a "New Users" chat, does not mean it's *just* for new users. The main purpose of this thread is to take away the feeling of intimidation most new members have, and make them feel comfortable in the community. Remember, we were once new members here! So let's spread the love, yes?

- Less spam, more fun: If you're someone aiming for the "Almighty 15" (aka trying to reach 15 posts just to post images and/or links), please do not spam up 15 posts in this thread. Snivy and Megan strive to keep this thread clean, and free of mess. It is highly recommended to explore other areas of the forum, rather than just relying on this thread for post count. Also, spam is not cool.

- Exploring other areas: As this is a chit-chat thread for new members, there are other chit-chat threads for you to visit if you want to mingle with a wide variety of members around the community, as well as explore other areas of the forum.​

- Feeling lost? Need help?: Check out Snivy's Helpful Links & Information page and you'll see some important yet useful links such as quick questions thread, links to the IRC chat, PC rules section and more! Just a note - it's okay if you have just one question. If you have questions regarding the forums as a whole, you might want to post it in Quick Questions thread at the PC Community Questions & Feedback.

-Adoption Center Discussion: As the Adoption Center thread only allows 3% chit-chat (basically not allowed in the thread unless you are requesting a mentor), this thread will now allow discussion regarding the program. Current mentors and mentees are welcome to post feedback/testimonials, share stories with other mentees as well as regular members, and encouragement to future mentees who would consider applying.

ONE MORE THING before we start the party and turn up the music /is a dj All NU/W and the Global PokeCommunity rules apply here, especially the 4-word/25 Character rule and intentional double posting.​

Have fun!~
    credit for teh thread goes to that one big green dino~

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    Heya!!!

Heya peeps, I'm MidnightShine. I'm a user for 2 months now. Things are going smoothly here. Made some new friends too. If you feel like chatting with someone, I'm available, VM/PM me.

Also, to any newbies/ new users who come by here, a big welcome from me & don't forget to make friends & have fun. Make sure you follow the rules. Haha.

See ya guys next time.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • MidnightShine is right! For any new member just joining, you will love exploring this place and it's a better chance that you'll want to stay! ;3 Don't be shy!

Great to see ya around, CoraCoraNekaku! :3 How are you liking it here?

kuzronk

Banned
    Years
  • Welcome to PC CoraCoraNekaku and i hope your enjoying it here
    Late welcome to MidnightShine as well
    If you ever need someone to talk to then VM me

Years
  • Hi CoraCora, I'm Hikari.

Nice to meet you!

If you ever want to talk to someone, I'm always available! Don't worry, I won't bite... (don't let the avatar and signature fool you, I really hate him *looks at usertitle*) you can be my latest friend if you like.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • That's how I was when I was new. Everything was so organized, and today it still is. ^_^

How's everything treating ya, MoonCrow? Great to see ya here btw! ^_^

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Welcome CoraCoraNekaku and other new members. I'm AWsquared. I just made a return after a hiatus. Hope you guys have a fun time here and like Meganium90 said, exploring is the best way to become acquainted here.
    Don't just stick in one thread post all over.

Years
  • Hi there! I'm Misthallery and - despite my rather foolish avatar - I'm gonna post here seriously!

Also, my favorite Gen 5 Poke is Reuniclus cus it's so cute. <3

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Hey there Misthallery! <3 How are you on this fine day?

Why not make yourself at home, and create an introduction thread so you can be welcomed personally, yes?

Oh, I so agree that Reunclius is a cute Pokemon. :3

Years
  • Hi Misthallery, I'm Hikari - a Unova Fangirl.

I'm so excited for B2/W2! And yeah, Reuniclus is awesome cos it's a major threat on Trick Room teams.

Contact me if you wanna chat!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    New here, just looking to learn some more of the ins and outs of the games I already love.

Hi, welcome to the forum! c: Which games in particular are you interested in? I had a similar interest as you so I spent quite a while looking up all the game mechanics and such for the main series games, so feel free to contact me if you want to talk about this stuff! Hopefully I can tell you a lot that you wanted to know :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back