• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OLD #2] ★The Official PokeCommunity Adoption Center★ [read first post!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2012
    My answers!!!

1. What boards are you most interested in?
    I game a lot. I've been playing Pokemon games (especially Emerald, HeartGold, and now Black and White) since I was a little kid.
    2. What board are you most interested in getting to understand?
    I have no experience in Competitive Battling, trading, or wifi battling; and I would like to know more about them.
    3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums?
    Definitely. I am happy to have anything to do with Pokemon.
    4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here?
    I've recently started making a walkthrough/lets play on Pokemon Emerald. Because I am a new member I can't post a url, so I will do it once I have advanced a little further.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • In your case, we have mentors that specialize in each of the games you mentioned. So...that depends on what you're interested the most. We have Requility for Black & White, PlatinumDude for Competitive Battling, as well as bobandbill for General Pokemon Gaming (which includes 3rd Generation and older). And we have TwilightBlade and Livewire for Trade Corner.

It depends on what you're interested in most. I think your request needs to be a biiiit more specific, but I managed to pinpoint your suggested mentors anyways. :3 Just post if you're still interested, and I'll see if I can get ya a mentor :3

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2012
    Hey, Megan, you're a really busy person, sorry to bother you. I've started a Pokemon Walkthrough on Youtube, which in my opinion is terrible, but some ppl say its good. I want more views and subs so I can partner with the famous youtube channel called planetpoke (its a dream, though you may feel I'm childish). I want help with walkthroughing. Who is the best mentor for me?
    Thanks a lot!! :D

Years
  • This looks like a really cool idea! I'm gonna go ahead and give it a try! :D

As I am interested in roleplaying, it would definitely be the Roleplay Corner.
    2. What boards are you most interested in getting to understand?
    Well, the Roleplay Corner obviously, but the Fan Fiction and Writing seems interesting too.
    Yeah, I would like to maybe check out Other Chat & Discussions and Pokémon General.
    Not really, just roleplay, meet other people, and maybe make my own RP. xD

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2016
    1. What boards are you interested in?
    I am interested in Pokemon games. I always have been as a child. I particularly enjoy Emerald and Heart Gold. I am also very interested in ROM Hacking and designing sprites and other graphics for a hack.
    ROM Hacking and Graphics
    Primarily I would venture out into the chat or open discussion rooms, but I would want to observe other members' hacks in order to get an idea as to how to start my own hack. I would also read fanfic that's out there as I enjoy reading a lot, especially fiction.
    4. Are there any specific things you would like to do while you're there?
    I hope to start my own hack (something I wanted to do ever since I learned about hacked games) and eventually complete it. I also hope to make many friends and learn more about Pokemon

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Hey, Megan, you're a really busy person, sorry to bother you. I've started a Pokemon Walkthrough on Youtube, which in my opinion is terrible, but some ppl say its good. I want more views and subs so I can partner with the famous youtube channel called planetpoke (its a dream, though you may feel I'm childish). I want help with walkthroughing. Who is the best mentor for me?
    Thanks a lot!! :D

You want a mentor just to get more views & subs? I'm sorry, but that's basically taking advantage of a mentor...which is against the Adoption Center rules, unfortunately. :( I'm afraid I cannot do that for you.

This looks like a really cool idea! I'm gonna go ahead and give it a try! :D

As I am interested in roleplaying, it would definitely be the Roleplay Corner.
    2. What boards are you most interested in getting to understand?
    Well, the Roleplay Corner obviously, but the Fan Fiction and Writing seems interesting too.
    Yeah, I would like to maybe check out Other Chat & Discussions and Pokémon General.
    Not really, just roleplay, meet other people, and maybe make my own RP. xD

As we have both Miss Doronjo and PkMnTrainer Yellow for Roleplay Corner, bobandbill and Astinus for Fanfiction & Writing and Razor Leaf, Shining Raichu, and Livewire for Off-Topic, the possibilities are quite endless. I'm sure your main interest is RPing so I think you'll fit great with one of the RP mentors. Your choice though! Be sure to check out their bios so you can get to know a little about them. :)

1. What boards are you interested in?
    I am interested in Pokemon games. I always have been as a child. I particularly enjoy Emerald and Heart Gold. I am also very interested in ROM Hacking and designing sprites and other graphics for a hack.
    ROM Hacking and Graphics
    Primarily I would venture out into the chat or open discussion rooms, but I would want to observe other members' hacks in order to get an idea as to how to start my own hack. I would also read fanfic that's out there as I enjoy reading a lot, especially fiction.
    4. Are there any specific things you would like to do while you're there?
    I hope to start my own hack (something I wanted to do ever since I learned about hacked games) and eventually complete it. I also hope to make many friends and learn more about Pokemon

SwiftSign has one mentor spot open for him so I can set you up with him if ya want? :3

Years
  • As we have both Miss Doronjo and PkMnTrainer Yellow for Roleplay Corner, bobandbill and Astinus for Fanfiction & Writing and Razor Leaf, Shining Raichu, and Livewire for Off-Topic, the possibilities are quite endless. I'm sure your main interest is RPing so I think you'll fit great with one of the RP mentors. Your choice though! Be sure to check out their bios so you can get to know a little about them. :)

Wow, that's a lot of mentors... Though I will heed your advice and go with one of the RP mentors, and after checking out their bios, I think that Miss Doronjo would be a great mentor! :)

Last edited:

crazybarkz101

Tayo like Tired
    Years
  • 1) What boards are you most interested in? I like all aspects of pokemon, but the main reason I joined PC is because I got into ROM hacking. I've done a little on my own but after doing so I relized I had no idea what to do.
    2) What boards are you most interested in getting to understand? I think getting into competitive battling would be cool.

3) Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forum? I would be willing to. I really enjoy fanfiction but never really started reading the things on PC. I also would go into trading.
    4) Are there any specific things you're looking to do while you're here? I'd like to contribute any knowledge I could to those few players who know less than I. I'd also like to learn about rom ahcking, to get started on making my own story. Also I'd like to hang out and talk to other people who actually like pokemon. My brother is out of the house now, my parents don't know what I'm talking about and my friends think pokemon is for little kids. Though how they think elemental monsters, some of which have the ability to control the very fabric of time and space, or even just light your head on fire are childish is beyond me.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Ahh, welcome aboard! :3 We have SwiftSign who has room for one more mentee like you if you're interested in getting into ROM Hacking. As for your other choices, we have Requility and PlatinumDude for Competitive Battling, as well as Astinus and bobandbill for Fanfiction & Writing. Take your time reading the stuff here at PC, as well as post. Whichever you're interested in the most, let me know!

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2012
    I think i clicked the right button...

1: I'm interested in computer gaming
    2: same as above
    3: Sure, id love to
    4: I'm really interested in developing my own games/ hacks for the pokemon series or even more just in general. although im sure i can find online tutorials on that kind of thing i thought it would be better to join a community such as this one.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'd recommend you explain #3 as it does not tell me anything. :/

Computer gaming? Like...general gaming? We have Hybrid Trainer for Technology & Media which does include Computers & Technology and Video Gaming. So I'm not sure if that's your interest.

crazybarkz101

Tayo like Tired
    Years
  • Ahh, welcome aboard! :3 We have SwiftSign who has room for one more mentee like you if you're interested in getting into ROM Hacking. As for your other choices, we have Requility and PlatinumDude for Competitive Battling, as well as Astinus and bobandbill for Fanfiction & Writing. Take your time reading the stuff here at PC, as well as post. Whichever you're interested in the most, let me know!
    After going through all those sections (and learning more than I ever thought I would about EV's) I've decided to go with SwiftSign as a mentor. I really do want to get into ROM hacking, and even though I love writing I prefer the FanFiction setup (not that PC doesnt have some great stories).

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2012
    I'd recommend you explain #3 as it does not tell me anything. :/

Computer gaming? Like...general gaming? We have Hybrid Trainer for Technology & Media which does include Computers & Technology and Video Gaming. So I'm not sure if that's your interest.
    well, to elaborate on #3, I'm more than willing to try anything, however i'm not sure what other boards you have or where to go to read about them. and I guess I really wasn't to clear on the first one either was I . my main interest would be in emulation and rom development, actually building the games for emulators like vba, etc as well as romhacking (which seems to be very popular, and I can totally see why). sorry about that, I think I was a bit to anxious to get started I forgot to turn my brain on :P

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Already PMed you, crazybark. :3

Feralicious, I already directed the above poster to SwiftSign since you're also interested in ROM Hacking. I'll see if he can take another.

After this, he won't be available anymore and that's where Snivy and I come in. :D

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2012
    Already PMed you, crazybark. :3

Feralicious, I already directed the above poster to SwiftSign since you're also interested in ROM Hacking. I'll see if he can take another.

After this, he won't be available anymore and that's where Snivy and I come in. :D
    alright cool, sounds good to me. thanks :)

Years
  • 1) What boards are you most interested in? Am interested in the pokemon clubs right now.=]
    2)What board are you most interested in getting to understand? i would say the pokemon clubs. =]
    3) Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forum? yes i would after some experience in the forum xD
    4) Are there any specific things you're looking to do while you're here? yeah i want to be able get to know people as well help if i can xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back