• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Old Chateau Mysteries

Toa77

A Creative Writer
Years
  • Okay, so I'm playing Pokemon Platinum, and I decide to venture into Old Chateau. As I explore the rooms toward the back, I find a little girl over in the next room and a picture whose eyes shut when you get in front of it.

Anyone figure out how to solve these mysteries? These questions have been plaguing me for a year now...

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • there not mysteries,they are just little fun things like easter eggs.
    P.S there are 2 more Ghosts try and find them. :D Muwah ha ha

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I agree; they aren't mysteries at all, but things that have been included to make the Old Chateau more spooky. There's also a butler ghost in the dining room in the first floor.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Yeah, it's not really fully explained, the mansion, which makes it interesting as well in its own way (yay speculation!). For instance, you see the ghostly butler and girl...and an antidote can be found in the bin. Now, whyever would an antidote be in the bin? *whistles*

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • hah yay Clue : Pokemon Edition was it the butler in the dinning room with an Weedle?

we'll never know due to know one elaborating if it has a purpose or not though believe people have tried to find something meaningful and come up with squat but all in all a nice little "WTH was that a girl" moment if you don't know its coming.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I hated the Old Chateau. D: I only went in there once to catch a Rotom, but never did I explore the place nor tried and find hidden items.
    But I did accidentally found that room with the ghost girl... Sure was a mystery.

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
  • Here is some things i noticed:

There are 3 beds in the Old Chateau. One for the parents and one possibly for the little girl.
    So who are the parents?

In D/P/Pt, after you beat the elite 4, Gardenia is standing outside of the Old Chateau. And, if i recall correctly, in D/P, In Eterna Condominiums, On the second floor, there's a little girl, and when you talk to her, she says "Gardenia, our Gym Leader, goes out to Eterna Forest every so often. I always wonder what she does there..." That right there might mean that Gradenia has some connection to the Old Chateau.

There is an Antidote in the garbage, why would they need an antidote? Maybe someone poisoned someone? Since it's in the kitchen... Someone poisoned someone else's food? Sounds horrible, but that's the only logical conclusion i can come to.

The picture with flashing eyes is probably gengar.

Mr. Backlot has a butler too. Plus he has that same statue that was in the Old chatue. O_O

Yeah, that's all i have. Or i could just be overlooking the whole thing. I doubt pokemon would come up with An actual, interesting sidestory as complex as this. The Old Chateau is probably just a filler...

Toa77

A Creative Writer
    Years
  • So, basically, the Old Chateau is just a place to capture Rotom? I was hoping for something more in-depth.

Ah well, I can always put answers to this in my fanfic...

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • No No I despise you saying thats its only a good due to Rotom it is the very first place in the history of Pokemon to have Catchable Gengar and Human Ghosts not to mention it is the best place to Ev for Special Attack. It is just a great addition to Sinnoh to explore and wonder about. pfft Rotom's just there because it wanted a cool place to be.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Gengar being only found in the room with the portrait with red eyes is indeed hinting something.
    The antidote is just given there, for no good reason, I think.

If there was supposed to be a story about it, maybe it's just that the Pokemon are trying to scare you by making you see them in human form through illusions.
    Pluto was related to the mansion, because he said he found Rotom. But then again, it's been hinted that it belonged to Mr. Backlot.
    There were two statues, one of which is in Mr. Backlot's new mansion, which he has instructed the guard to not let anyone touch. I touched it at dead night, when the guard is not there.

jy909

Queen of Egg Moves
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    If you remember, back in the original series, ghost pokemon did the same kind of thing.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • That's part of what makes it interesting, the fact that it's not fully explained. I've started to wonder if Charon/Pluto might be part of the family who used to inhabit the old Chateau, and if the little girl is his sister or daughter.

tobi-ksla

Years
  • In D/P/Pt, after you beat the elite 4, Gardenia is standing outside of the Old Chateau. And, if i recall correctly, in D/P, In Eterna Condominiums, On the second floor, there's a little girl, and when you talk to her, she says "Gardenia, our Gym Leader, goes out to Eterna Forest every so often. I always wonder what she does there..." That right there might mean that Gradenia has some connection to the Old Chateau.

Um, there's also the possibility that since she's a Grass-type trainer, she figures that training her Pokémon in a forest, their natural habitat, would be good for them. I wouldn't say that she's connected to the Old Chateau.

If there was any connection then it would be this: Whenever Gardenia goes to train her Pokémon in Eterna Forest, she will always have to pass by the path that leads to the Old Chateau. Curiosity beckons her to check it out; however, she always chickens out because of the ominous aura that the place gives off.

Let's not forget that the little girl who tells you that might not be old enough to realize that training Pokémon in one's habitat helps one fight better.

Years
  • Then there's also the TM Substitute in the room of the ghost girl, which implies that perhaps another girl was killed. And if you'd noticed, the architecture of Backlot Mansion and Old Chateau are the same. And in the anime, this professor from Galactic discovered Rotom in that place, probably where he lived and there was a diary saying "Something peculiar is happening around here." The butler ghost in the dining room was definitely poisoned and probably was leading the player to an Antidote in the trash a sign that he was poisoned(Duh, why would you need an Antidote for?).

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    Then there's also the TM Substitute in the room of the ghost girl, which implies that perhaps another girl was killed. And if you'd noticed, the architecture of Backlot Mansion and Old Chateau are the same. And in the anime, this professor from Galactic discovered Rotom in that place, probably where he lived and there was a diary saying "Something peculiar is happening around here." The butler ghost in the dining room was definitely poisoned and probably was leading the player to an Antidote in the trash a sign that he was poisoned(Duh, why would you need an Antidote for?).

These are interesting theories. I never thought of the "ghosts" in the Old Chateau as anything other than random events that Nintendo decided to add in to the games.

Years
  • I think it's quite appropriate that the antidote is found, as it definitely implies poisoning. I mean, the pokemon that frequent the place [other than Rotom] all being part poison seems to be a little too convenient :p

I personally agree with the notion that it is tied into Mr. Backlot. Perhaps his brother lived there, or perhaps he lived there previously. I mean, the statue thing just seems too much of a connection. ):

Years
  • These are interesting theories. I never thought of the "ghosts" in the Old Chateau as anything other than random events that Nintendo decided to add in to the games.

I think Nintendo just wants their fans to have a little suspense of a side story, anyways I like this whole OC mystery thing. It adds more fun and discussion to the game. :)

Back