• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [Old] HG/SS Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    After using the itemfinder on the Pokewalker and tranfering them to the mystery gift thingy, how do you retrieve the items in-game?
    Seeing as it has been transferred back to the game as a mystery gift, then I believe you will be able to collect your found items at any PokéMart in the game. I haven't tried this personally, but I believe this is the right way to retrieve them, if not then I wish I could have been of more help.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
    How do you get into the third gym?
    You mean fight Whitney?
    If so, you need to get the radio for your pokegear.
    Talk to a female NPC on the right inside the radio tower, and answer her questions correctly to get it.
    According to Marriland, it's Yes, Yes, No, Yes, No.

Cup of Pig head. ...Wait What?

Hello /b/rothers.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2009
    Cheats for Spawning Pokemon?

@Spoiler@

Is there any known Cheat codes for spawning Pokemon in HG/SS?
    I used google but I found nothing. Can someone do some research for me? Thanks! :D

kazuya.

Ev'rybody Alright!
    Years
    I have a question on in-game trades.

Is Volty (the Pikachu you got from Lt. Surge) always female?

I have tried three times and Volty always appears to be a female and with a jolly nature.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I have a question on in-game trades.

Is Volty (the Pikachu you got from Lt. Surge) always female?

I have tried three times and Volty always appears to be a female and with a jolly nature.

Pokemon you get in In-game trades have a set Nature, Gender, and Ability. It's been like that since Ruby and Sapphire introduced Natures and Abilities.

Same thing with the Spearow and Shuckle that are given to you for free.

kazuya.

Ev'rybody Alright!
    Years
    Pokemon you get in In-game trades have a set Nature, Gender, and Ability. It's been like that since Ruby and Sapphire introduced Natures and Abilities.

Same thing with the Spearow and Shuckle that are given to you for free.
    Oh thanks! =]

I never bothered about in-game trades until HGSS so I have no idea.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    What is this feature?

[Old] HG/SS Help Thread

I saw it on the HG/SS Website.

EDIT: since I am a noob at catching Shinies. How do I exactly catch them in HG and SS?

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    EDIT: since I am a noob at catching Shinies. How do I exactly catch them in HG and SS?
    There's no chaining method in HG/SS, so it's just plain luck of seeing one and catching it. (There is also the shiny Red Gyarados you battle as part of the storyline).

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    There's no chaining method in HG/SS, so it's just plain luck of seeing one and catching it. (There is also the shiny Red Gyarados you battle as part of the storyline).
    I knew about the Red Gyarados.
    Oh well, I guess I'll have to try my best than.

kacqn

???
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2015
    How do you get the guy out from blocking the way when you want to go to Cianwood City? I beated Morty.

kacqn

???
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2015
    Yes and I read on serebii you need to get a secret potion from Cianwood to heal Ampardos then she'll be at the gym.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back