• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [Old] HG/SS Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2009
    after you get the ability to customize the safari zone, since I can't read it lol, which location do I pick in order to catch Larvitar? (I know it's a mountain region, but tell me where it is i.e.- it is top left when you're on the pc choosing the regions)

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • after you get the ability to customize the safari zone, since I can't read it lol, which location do I pick in order to catch Larvitar? (I know it's a mountain region, but tell me where it is i.e.- it is top left when you're on the pc choosing the regions)
    It's in the same location where you catch LICKITUNG, below the swamp thingy.

Years
  • This is quasi-unrelated.
    I'm going to Japan in January and I've thought about picking up HeartGold while I'm there.
    Currently I'm in my first semester of Japanese in University and I know Hiragana and Katakana. By the end of the semester, I'll have some kanji, grammar, and structures under my belt. My question is, how much Japanese do I need to know to appreciate the story of the game? Should the one semester be enough to get me by? I mean it's a kids game so how much upper level japanese can be in there?

Thanks

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • This is quasi-unrelated.
    I'm going to Japan in January and I've thought about picking up HeartGold while I'm there.
    Currently I'm in my first semester of Japanese in University and I know Hiragana and Katakana. By the end of the semester, I'll have some kanji, grammar, and structures under my belt. My question is, how much Japanese do I need to know to appreciate the story of the game? Should the one semester be enough to get me by? I mean it's a kids game so how much upper level japanese can be in there?

Thanks
    It's not a kids game, duh.
    Considering older versions of the game, and also considering how people who didn't know good english could understand basic things on the game, but NOT how the storyline revolved, I suppose the same goes for Japanese.

Okay. I am stuck in this game. I am trying to get the pokeflute channel from the director but he doesn't give it to me. I already got 5 badges and even caught suicune. any advice?
    If you want the pokeflute, talk everyone inside the Power Plant, then return to the gym where misty lies. You then will encounter someone of Team Rocket, he wants to escape. Just follow him by heading to north of the town where the bridge is, beat him, then return to the gym. You will find the machine thing on the upper left side where the life belt is.

If you got it, go to the Power Plant, then talk to the fat guy and you will get a nice TM. After doing that, go to the Radio Tower (it is in Lavender Town) talk to the president and finally you got the Pokeflute Channel on your radio. Its inside the Pokegear, you can find the radio, the channel is hidden but its easy to find

~Found in GBATemp

Bludycomicsinc

If you can read this.....
    Years
  • If you want the pokeflute, talk everyone inside the Power Plant, then return to the gym where misty lies. You then will encounter someone of Team Rocket, he wants to escape. Just follow him by heading to north of the town where the bridge is, beat him, then return to the gym. You will find the machine thing on the upper left side where the life belt is.

If you got it, go to the Power Plant, then talk to the fat guy and you will get a nice TM. After doing that, go to the Radio Tower (it is in Lavender Town) talk to the president and finally you got the Pokeflute Channel on your radio. Its inside the Pokegear, you can find the radio, the channel is hidden but its easy to find

~Found in GBATemp
    I already did all of that. Still, I cannot get the pokeflute channel. I already know where the channel is but the director won't give it to me.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Is there a site that has a detailed explanation of how to use the Pokewalker? As in, how to go around the menus without knowing any Japanese and safely moving a Pokemon in and out of it, along with catching wild Pokemon and whatnot?

Years
  • Eevee evolves into Espeon and Umbreon by happiness; the level varies.

As for getting the channel, you have to restore power to the Power Plant to get the guy in Lavender's Radio Tower to give you the Radio Card.

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
  • I just beat Misty so now I have 5 Kanto badges, but I can't go anywhere, is there something I need to do?

Years
  • Okay. I am stuck in this game. I am trying to get the pokeflute channel from the director but he doesn't give it to me. I already got 5 badges and even caught suicune. any advice?

Have you got the Magnet Train pass? That's all I can think of that could be wrong... unless you're talking to the wrong person, I can't remember if it is the Director who gives it to you or someone else in the Kanto Radio Tower.

I just beat Misty so now I have 5 Kanto badges, but I can't go anywhere, is there something I need to do?

You have to now go and move the Snorlax from Diglett's Cave east of Vermillion City to go to Brock and/or catch Suicune.

Years
  • Don't I need the PokeFlute to move Snorlax? How do i get that?

Go to the Lavender Town Radio Tower (where Ghost Tower was in FR/LG) and talk to the people in there, one of them should give you the radio card for Kanto and the PokeFlute is in there, not one of the set channels, you have to search for it in the radio.

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
  • Go to the Lavender Town Radio Tower (where Ghost Tower was in FR/LG) and talk to the people in there, one of them should give you the radio card for Kanto and the PokeFlute is in there, not one of the set channels, you have to search for it in the radio.

Okay thanks for the help.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Oh my Lord. What is Lugia's catch rate? He's getting my nerves right now. >[

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back