• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OMG Snow! OMG Mountains!

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
    Alright, so.

People down south: Just another day at the beach.
    People in the mountains: Woohoo mountains.
    People up north: Ugh, snow again?
    People who visit these types of areas: WOW THE BEACH IS SO PRETTY. The view on this mountain is beautiful!!! Omg, let's make a snow man!

People seem to not appreciate the current nature there is around us. It's something that needs to be never seen before to really be appreciated.

Do you think we lack appreciation to the nature around us? Do you like going to your local little nature places and enjoying the scenery? If not, do you feel like you need to more?

I personally enjoy going to the beach and going on nature walks and checking stuff like that out.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I feel like, especially with winter and where I am, nature and weather are more of a detriment than a spectacle. Upon the first snowfall of the year I do take time to walk around and appreciate the change in weather. But that's what makes it special: it's a change. It describes the people you mention that visit these different areas. They're seeing sides of nature they aren't accustomed to, and I can see how they have more appreciation for it. I don't think we necessarily lack appreciation for nature, it's just sometimes it's the same old same old, coupled with added frustrations that make us more or less forget.

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Sep 1, 2015
    I love nature. But the same old soft pitter patter of rain outside in Vancouver is kind of boring. There's a reason why i was so excited for the snow that we had in December and the big storm yesterday. We have beautiful beaches in the summer, and we live in a mountainous region. Of course, I would love to travel across the world. But there is a reason why there is homesickness.

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
    Years
    There is no way in the world I could live somewhere that is hot, or cold all year. Where I live the seasons and the weather is rather inconsistent (61 in January when it'd usually pummel us with cold, anyone? Then it would turn into 30-40 or so the next day.)

I like going on trails and sometimes camping (though it's something I haven't been able to do in a long time) and we always need to see a bit of nature that we normally do not see. Yet alas, not everyone has that opportunity.

Years
    The internet has really removed a lot of my appreciation for nature - or has it? It gives me access to so much beauty in the form of image files, and I've virtually traveled (literally!) to all the majestic locales all over the world. As a result, I don't feel like I have a need to witness it in person when I already have a good idea of what it is. Then again, I wouldn't say that's removing my appreciation for nature at all, I've simply taken it from the world and inserted it onto my laptop screen. I just appreciate it from afar.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I don't think so. Where I live, it's generally the same temperature and weather year round, with a couple of oddball days. Winter was supposed to be "rainy season" since it doesn't snow here, but we probably only got 1 day or so of rain so far.

I think we appreciate the weather here well enough. While the rest of the US is freezing, we're sitting here thinking "if it gets like 10° colder, it might snow! Wow!" Honestly, there isn't really much to appreciate here as it gets kinda old when there's literally no change in your surroundings for an entire year, haha. I mean, there are like, a couple parks which are nice and I do appreciate the cherry trees on my street that usually bloom sometime around Spring, but honestly I find other places much more interesting than my where I live.

Years
    Almost anywhere in the world you find beauty in the nature there. It's just a matter of people, once again, taking what they have for granted. I live in Florida, and I don't remember the last time I went to the beach. I do appreciate the weather though. It's nice to have warm tempatures and have cold tempatrues every once in a blue moon.

droomph

weeb
    Years
    The same with me and Chinese food — I've eaten it every day so I don't really like it. If I stay in the *amaaaazing* snow for my whole life then I'm definitely going to be desensitized to it.

Years
    I appreciate beaches, mountains, snow, etc.

I like going to beaches and mountains to enjoy the scenery, but I live at the south, so there's no snow here.

Eat me.

I'm food
    Years
    In the place I live, we've only got rainy and hot season. Yeah, I like snow, but I also like the nature here. I like to stroll around in foresty places here, rather than in the city. :)

Back