• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Omg yes, finally found that shiny!!

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
Years
  • I used to get really excited to hear the credits music in Red and again in Silver. Finding a Pikachu in Viridian Forest would get my heart racing. I got excited for a lot of little things when I was a kid.
    I once randomly threw a turn 1 Pokeball at Giratina in Platinum and caught it, that was a pretty hype moment for the surprise factor.
    What consistently gets me are banger music tracks like Rayquaza or some of the old champion themes.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Close battles. Includes things like Luvdisc/Stantler winning with no time left on the Tera Raid, surviving with 10 or less hitpoints, or pulling through with all those restrictions in the most recent Get-Together challenge. Usually hinges on being surprised by something. Is not easy to do after so many years of Pokemon experience.

Days
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    This is probably going to sound weird, but...honestly, just booting them up and getting my starter. This has been a recurring theme for me for my entire adult life: no matter what I think of the game as a package (and I have some very unflattering thoughts about the fifth and seventh, and eighth generations in particular) I have always had a little thrill when I've watched the opening title sequence, booted the game up, and got my starter. It's like I'm an excitable ten year old again with a Gameboy in my hands, Pokemon is a global sensation that everyone not out to ruin it for people just because can at least appreciate, and life just feels better. It's delightfully nostalgic, and I hope the games never lose that feeling.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • hands down the best moment in pokemon gaming for me was when i decided to start a hardcore nuzlocke in omegaruby and got a shiny mudkip. i was Not hunting for that but somebody in the sky really wanted me to have a fuchsia mudkip. y'all the way i screamed lmao i thought i was seein things

Years
  • When I beat Lance for the first time in Pokemon SoulSilver; I was really young when I first played the game and it had taken me multiple years to even get through the game, much less the brick wall of the Elite 4. I had gotten to Lance a time or 2 but always lost quickly because my team was on it's last legs by that point. So when my anemic, underleveled team finally managed to win by spamming Hyper Potions and cheesing with Perish Song I literally jumped for joy. It's still one of my most cherished gaming memories.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • Was doing some Ultra Wormholes in UM and ended up finding a full-odds shiny Palkia, and nabbed it in a Quick Ball on turn 1. Don't think I'll ever hit that kind of high again for a while, haha.

Beating Cynthia for the first time in Diamond, and Steven for the first time in Sapphire were both moments that made me feel really good as a little girl. I was so young playing Diamond I was still kinda trying to understand how video games work and I remember losing over and over to Lucian, so to finally triumph over him and Cynthia right after? I felt unstoppable. Steven was a big roadblock for me too, but I was so excited to go back to Gen 3 (since I started with 4) and learn why everyone loved it, so to say I finally accomplished that goal, I think that was my first real instance of "I've been wanting to do this for years since I was younger, and now I finally have". Such an awesome feeling.

Years
  • I try my best to go in as blind as possible, only looking up starter final evos nowadays thanks to a certain fire cat's final evo in gen 7, so honestly for me it's just seeing what the new Pokemon in that game will end up evolving into.

I also eagerly check the Pokemon I caught after completing a Dynamax Adventure. Most memorable moment there is me just randomly taking home a shiny Pheromosa, which is my fav of the UB's. I've yet to purposely hunt anything in DA, so it kinda feels like shiny Pheromosa just kinda chose me =D

Back