• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

on fleek [dLtMs0 v 5.5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

noa

sleeping cutie
Years

Sometimes I wish we had cable, ambient TV sounds are really nice. Make me nostalgic for home.

pkmin3033

Shame the second game is such a disappointment and the third is such a rehash...although I guess I had enough fun on DS3 to warrant buying it. Glad you enjoyed the first game, though! I'd say it's easily the best one of them :3

...and no, I do not need to look after my stuff better. They need to stop overcharging me for flimsy crap, considering get more mileage out of a cheap pair of earphones than I do headphones that cost upwards of £70. Thank god I got those things covered when I bought them...

Years

Never had any reliability issues with my SR80es or more recently my PS500es [touch wood]. My first pair of SR80s died because I stood on them but it's only been cheaper ones that have randomly stopped working or fallen apart. I had my second pair of SR80es for about 4 and a half years and the only problem is a slight bend on the plug which I caused by falling asleep and knocking my laptop off the edge of my bed.

This is my monthly SR80e advert. Go and buy some if you aren't already super elite audiophile tier.

pkmin3033

I can't remember what brand I got - I was seventeen when I bought them, so it was a while back - but I do remember they cost me a small fortune and broke pretty quick even though I was ridiculously careful. Pretty sure it wasn't either of the ones you mentioned, though. I wouldn't say it's too big of an investment for something, because I use earphones every time I'm on my laptop, but after that experience I wouldn't spend more than £20 on a pair of earphones, and I won't bother with headphones at all.

Nothing is as bad as Apple earphones, though. They're ridiculously flimsy.

Years
  • 24. I've been meaning to spring for better headphones.... but my $25 Sony units are working well enough.

Next pair I buy will probably be a wireless set because I have a tendency to use them while lying in bed and I constantly move the wire around.

I know people who swear by the Apple gear that comes with every iPhone, iPod, and iPad, but I don't like earphones at all.

pkmin3033

Don't wireless earphones need a battery of some description? That's why I've always been put off getting a wireless mouse, at least...costs more than a wired mouse and you have to keep buying batteries for it.

Years

With that type of product I can't imagine him not using rechargeables.

What a coincidence. SR80es have have a long, solid cable which allows them to be used in bed extremely comfortably.
    on fleek [dLtMs0 v 5.5]
    on fleek [dLtMs0 v 5.5]
    on fleek [dLtMs0 v 5.5]
    on fleek [dLtMs0 v 5.5]

Years
  • 28. Rechargeable set with the built in batteries would be the route I'd go. I've got no shortage of micro USB cables lying around. I'll take an audio loss compared to similarly priced units to not deal with the audio cable for bed use.

With my current set, it's the last leg of the cable(s) that gets in the way (the single wires from the physical split point to each speaker) while in bed. Should have specified that I meant wires, not wire.

I'll get myself a high quality wired set later for use elsewhere once I have my wireless set.

Years

Don't think I could do that. Would consider wireless if I ever get back into running but certainly not at home.

I do actually need some better outside headphones, it's safe to say these aren't designed for use on the bus.
    Spoiler:
    ] The sound leakage is amazing, even for open backs and I'm not quite confident enough to share my love of babymetal with the world.

pkmin3033

I should probably consider some new tech relatively soon...if I get a contract smartphone a pair of wireless earphones might come in handy. I'm just old-fashioned and prefer wires. xD

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years

Come into this thread, see BM and think it's black metal. Maybe I've been a bit too kvlt lately.

pkmin3033

You're closer than I am, at least - I thought black magic. My mind is firmly entrenched in fantasy right now...derp.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back