• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

on fleek [dLtMs0 v 5.5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years

Don't remember him mentioning that. Must've blanked out at some point. But if you do find some place (and 1-4 friends (or acquaintances (or absolute strangers)) who are up for it), give it a go!

Is Hestia & Co. any good? Everyone I've seen talk about that show have been focusing on just two parts of it.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

So far it's been pretty enjoyable, but as far as episode 2 is concerned, it could very easily fall by the wayside. I fear that the characters might go the generic route and Bell will become forgettable, but so far I'm liking the characters in the show (main included) so it's just prediction. Another part of me can only see the show getting more adventurous and fun, as the opening seems to indicate.

That said, it's been fun so far, I'd recommend it for this season. That said, it's opening song is really, REALLY plain. It'll probably get better, though.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years

Spoiler:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

I wouldn't say that it's that generic- so far, at least. Bell's a fun protagonist that isn't angsty or hot headed (and is kinda childish), Hestia is arm straps, and the plot raises a good question. I think it could become generic, but for now it's clinging to its guns.

Though I hope that this show won't get Papenbrook'd in the dub. But it seems like no protagonist is safe, no matter what his hair color.

Years

Don't care much about oogling meat buns. So I could do without the fanservice. I prefer oogling REDACTED

Well generic in the sense of a shonen where Bell starts to level up and build NAKAMA power, but yeah.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

Eh, it's not that bad. Could be much worse. Once the archetypes start forming and it gets super tropical, I'll agree.

After all, everything now just seems like setup. But I'm not ready to push a show that just started and models a lot of its aspects after old-school/medieval Fantasy RPGs generic. Those RPGs probably are, though.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years

Spoiler:

That thigh cape looks like it's solely there to emphasise the butt. And let's not get into practicality.
    Now, it sorts of bothers me whenever they put inherently "fanservicey" designs in the shot, but just have it rendered carelessly. Not much point in putting them there in the first place then, aside from just keeping the scene remotely consistent.

...Hello, attractive elf woman.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years

Generic in that it is another rpg[ish] type series where the main character [who has a gotta b stronk coz dead people backstory] spends most of his time being overpowered and almost certainly building a harem of qtees.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • @Laptrap - In that sense, I'd agree. Actually, a wave of disappointment fell on me when that skill was introduced. It's one of those lazy devices that bypasses having to develop a character in the physical sense. *sigh*

@Pokey - That is one thing I've enjoyed about the show so far- not the fanservice or the completely impractical dress, so much (those arm straps doe), but that they've been trying to main the passersby and background noise characters unique. It probably won't last, but at least as far as the first two episodes go it's been a pretty neat detail.

As for SAO, eh. It's modeled after medieval Fantasy RPGs and the main's both voiced by Kirigiri and needs more power, what are ya gonna do.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years

Most light novels are written by the same guy so there are undoubtedly similarities. Honestly this guy is no way near as insufferable/easy to take the piss out of as Kirito-kun.

oooooh whatcha saaaaaaaaaay
    Spoiler:

Years

They should start being inclusive. But societal archetypes lel

Well I shouldn't really criticize it for such things. I'm enjoying it so it's all good. :)

Anyway, watching Shokugeki no Soma. Now there's another comedy non-action shonen bringing in the unusual fanservice.

Years

LOL @ all light novels written by the same guy. It's true considering the readership demographic, same demographic that fanservice anime panders to nowadays. A lot of them use the same character tropes since it's much easier to take off the shelf tropes to write a story.

Shokugeki turns to the tournament format later on a lot. But the recent arc is interesting since they're doing speed internships.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back