• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

on fleek [dLtMs0 v 5.5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years

I do agree that the hype around Shigatsu was incredible though. One of the very few occasions where I have been in resonance with the wider anime community on a flavour of the month show.

It had a few very obvious flaws but I loved it anyway.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years

Don don donuts let's go nuts!

I liked Shigatsu from a musical standpoint. Other than that it was just another sad anime.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years

You had it scored 9/10 at episode 13. It didn't really change much after that so it's kind of surprising that you'd speak negatively of it come the end. It's almost as if the hype tainted it for you.

Music in it was okay. I mean I really like some of the pieces that were played but it is safe to say I'm not going to download the OST and replace the versions I already have.

I shouldn't have opened your MAL.

>Kuragehime lowest scored item on list

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years

I rate pretty leniently. As long as it's not complete crap I'll give it a 7. My ratings really shouldn't be trusted seeing as I gave Chaos;Head an 8. All of the excitement around Shigatsu has kinda turned me off from it though. It was good and I could relate to some of the MC's problems, but yeah. Spending too much time around /a/.

I hated Princess Jellyfish. I barely got through the first episode. I just didn't like anything about it. The art style turned me off from it first and then after that it was just all downhill. Probably didn't help that this girl on my FB praised as the best thing ever to grace the earth.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years

I didn't know someone could get so upset about someone not liking an anime. Some day when I have 9 or 10 free hours, and after I finally finish Fate/Stay Night and catch up on all of the currently airing things that I haven't even started, I'll sit and try to force myself back through it just for you.

Years
    I hated Princess Jellyfish. I barely got through the first episode. I just didn't like anything about it. The art style turned me off from it first and then after that it was just all downhill. Probably didn't help that this girl on my FB praised as the best thing ever to grace the earth.

Triggered so hard you don't even know rn.

But really it's best to go into it with no expectations. I enjoyed it as much as I did because I had no expectations.

Also, one of my favorite anime gifs of all time comes from that series, and I think that moment gets an homage in another favorite series of mine a couple seasons later.

I think Lap was more triggered by your scoring method than anything, though.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years

No harm done in giving it another go. I've liked a lot of anime better the second time through anyways. Looking at Lain here. I just haven't watched anything so amazing yet that it makes everything else look like garbage so I don't really know how to properly rate things I suppose. Talk to me about my rating system after I watch another 1 or 2 hundred anime.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023

Alright~

Played some Pokémon Rumble World; already rank nine, but I can already tell I'm never going to complete all the objectives, especially "Beat a boss in 150 seconds, fighting through four rooms of enemies to unlock each gate to continue"

And with the added difficulty of Hard Mode?

Nah...
    -

Watched Transformers: Dark of the Moon
    It was alright; once again filled with no fewer than three "There's no way in hell they survived that crash-oh, wait, nevermind..." scenes
    And the scenery gorn is about what you'd expect from a Bay Film

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years

It was a combination of a lot of things that triggered me last night, over a couple of posts.

I had high expectations of Kuragehime and it was great.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years

A finite amount of time is perfectly okay when it comes to Chinese cartoons, it's all about the motivation. Then when you have motivation using it to watch things you actually care about.

My viewing habits are stupid.

Backlog/Airingshit I care about/Airingshit I don't care about but watch anyway
    on fleek [dLtMs0 v 5.5]

Should obviously look like this.
    on fleek [dLtMs0 v 5.5]

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

Really, though, do you enjoy watching anime that you don't particularly like? Because I know there are a plethora of anime you've watched to the finish but would still call bad or okay at best. Is it the fact that you're watching anime at all that allows you to enjoy shows that you would otherwise just ignore?

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years

I do drop plenty but yeah, it seems a majority of what I watch is just mediocre airing stuff.

Obviously do it so that I can stay in touch with the anime community on this site.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back