• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: On Tuesdays Oryx and Triforce think it's Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I feel out of place if I'm gone for even a single day, but maybe that's because I'm just too addicted to PC, haha.

Kurono

Remember?
    Years
    I feel out of place if I'm gone for even a single day, but maybe that's because I'm just too addicted to PC, haha.

I knew the feeling, once. I grew out of it, though.

mostly

can't even imagine why people could get addicted this place sucks why am i even here

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    PC's really nice, and I like it how it is. Albeit there's things I would change, it's not unlivable at all as it is. You just have to eye the positive and ignore the less desirable parts of the forums. :)

Kurono

Remember?
    Years
    PC's really nice, and I like it how it is. Albeit there's things I would change, it's not unlivable at all as it is. You just have to eye the positive and ignore the less desirable parts of the forums. :)

Very true.
    PC could use some more excitement, though.

too bad because children

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Being 4 years old on here, I quietly weep at all the time I poured onto these forums. It's kinda crazy, but I don't regret it one bit, really.

Years
    When I'm unable to post until late at night, it feels as if I've been gone for a few days because PC is so active, all the threads fill up with new replies in no time. I don't regret a second I've spent on here, since it's something that truly makes me happy! n__n

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Actively, I've been here for only about ten months or so, but somehow, I don't know... it just feels as if it were ages. :x

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I've been here for 1 1/2 years now, and I'm still unable to gain access to the best parts of PC such as blogs, so I'm currently stuck with the less desirable parts of the forum. Not to mention the lack of activities in groups and clubs.

Sirfetch’d

Going on 2 years now for me and like some of you guys it feels so much longer haha. Some of the friendships I have made here seem like we have been friends forever x]. That's the amazing part of this community I guess!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I find that's the case on a lot of the internet - like I mentioned that shorter amounts of time are longer for the internet on the virtual relationships thing, just something about the internet means that relationships form and develop and break on a much faster timeframe than in real life.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    I find that's the case on a lot of the internet - like I mentioned that shorter amounts of time are longer for the internet on the virtual relationships thing, just something about the internet means that relationships form and develop and break on a much faster timeframe than in real life.
    I wonder where you would get such a notion.

Since I merged into my old account I've kind of become one with the ancients, sort of. There's so many regulars and even staff that I have years on, so it makes me feel like old news. :P

Sean

Years
    I strongly agree with the faster timeframe regarding to friendships on internet

irl it's hard for me to even find the time to meet up with people.. you meet up with one person and time flies by for about 3 hours or so, like for instance today i went to starbucks to see my friend and time flew by because i hadn't seen her in so long

mocha cookie crumble frappicunnos are so god damn good

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    ..................probably experience
    It's still rather variable, isn't it? All relationships are different, so it's really hard to attach a judgment to all or part of them based off of any one's experience.

I strongly agree with the faster timeframe regarding to friendships on internet

irl it's hard for me to even find the time to meet up with people.. you meet up with one person and time flies by for about 3 hours or so, like for instance today i went to starbucks to see my friend and time flew by because i hadn't seen her in so long

mocha cookie crumble frappicunnos are so god damn good
    A few weeks ago I took an old friend and former crush out for lunch after not seeing her in over a year. Time was so quick, but fun nonetheless :o

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Well the experience of myself and everyone around me, as well as every social website I get involved with and every online game I've played. There are some exceptions, as there is to everything, but in general the internet moves quickly in everything, relationships included. Relationships that are months long are treated like years and people you met last week regularly become your best friend that you talk to every day (general you).

My speculation is because it takes much less to maintain an online relationship - if you maintain a real life relationship by just talking to them online, the relationships will falter because you're expected to see them in real life. But online to maintain a relationship you just have to type to them, maybe skype sometimes, certainly never get out of bed if you don't want to. The effort is minimal so then you end up building the relationship as if it was real with less effort than in real relationships, so it builds faster.

Then the downside is people go from friends to enemies in the blink of an eye, but that's more common in games where there are game reasons to become enemies.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    Well the experience of myself and everyone around me, as well as every social website I get involved with and every online game I've played. There are some exceptions, as there is to everything, but in general the internet moves quickly in everything, relationships included. Relationships that are months long are treated like years and people you met last week regularly become your best friend that you talk to every day (general you).

My speculation is because it takes much less to maintain an online relationship - if you maintain a real life relationship by just talking to them online, the relationships will falter because you're expected to see them in real life. But online to maintain a relationship you just have to type to them, maybe skype sometimes, certainly never get out of bed if you don't want to. The effort is minimal so then you end up building the relationship as if it was real with less effort than in real relationships, so it builds faster.

Then the downside is people go from friends to enemies in the blink of an eye, but that's more common in games where there are game reasons to become enemies.
    Those sorts of experiences seem more applicable to social immaturity than simply their method of function, it seems. I most certainly didn't become best friends with Geoff or Khilia in a week, lmao

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Those sorts of experiences seem more applicable to social immaturity than simply their method of function, it seems. I most certainly didn't become best friends with Geoff or Khilia in a week, lmao

Well, there is a pretty strong correlation between social immaturity and being super intense about the internet, so maybe you've got a point there...

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    Well, there is a pretty strong correlation between social immaturity and being super intense about the internet, so maybe you've got a point there...
    Balance is key. Holding value in your online life as well as your physical one and giving them equal treatment and devotion is what makes for a really happy life IMO. I wouldn't give up either of mine :p

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    Balance is key. Holding value in your online life as well as your physical one and giving them equal treatment and devotion is what makes for a really happy life IMO. I wouldn't give up either of mine :p

woooooooah there. I really wouldn't think that holding your online life at an equal value to your offline one is a good idea at all. @_@

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back