• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

One of the only times I have gotten mad playing Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2022
    So the Totem pokemon are already really hard but seriously Mimikyu is so hard. Like when I got to use my Deciduie (idk how to spell it) anyways I got to use its Z move which should hurt Mimikyu horribly. But you know it had fricken disguise so yeah my attack was wasted and now I am slightly pissed off. Seriously this pokemon is so OP, only 2x weakness to ghost and steel, well 1 both of these types are kind of hard to get in the game plus the fricken thing has Play Rough which feints anything I have with 1 attack. Its just so infuriating when I finally have 1 attack off and it wasn't even worth it.

Actually beat it :D. But still the number of ghost types and steel in Sun/Moon is kind of low. I do actually think that this new challenge is good because personally X was a total cake walk and is insanely easy.

Last edited by a moderator:

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    The Totem Pokemon are designed to be very tough, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who didn't take them that seriously. I also got destroyed by Lurantis...

Years
    Don't get me wrong, Mimikyu is very OP for a Totem Pokemon. Having powerful STAB Shadow Claw and Play Rough with boosted stats makes it very scary, plus there's the fact Disguise makes you waste one attack because of being a pseudo-Substitute and it even holds a Lum Berry which makes it hard to inflict status conditions on it. I actually had to resort to having my Bewear take hits and do a stalling war with X Items and occasional healing but it damn paid off.

I can't wait until TV Tropes recognizes this thing as That One Boss material.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't remember having much trouble with Mimikyu. I had Princess (Gyarados) bite it until she fainted, and then I sent out Decidueye to finish it off.

So far my most maddening experience in the game was against the Red Card guy on the first island. I was trying to train my Pichu up, but I was babying it (happiness evolution = don't let it faint). His first Pokemon nearly beat my Pichu, so I switch it out, and then he sent out his second Pokemon. I didn't realize his second Pokemon would also have a Red Card, so I attacked it, and, despite my full team, out came Pichu, just in time to faint.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    Hmm, I don't remember now but Mimikyu was never a trouble for me.

I had more trouble with Totem Wishiwashi.
    That one took quite a toll out of my team.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I kinda struggled with Totem Lurantis, the others were fine. I haven't encountered Totem Mimikyu just yet, come to think of it I don't even have good type coverage for Ghost/Fairy..

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2016
    So the Totem pokemon are already really hard but seriously Mimikyu is so hard. Like when I got to use my Deciduie (idk how to spell it) anyways I got to use its Z move which should hurt Mimikyu horribly. But you know it had fricken disguise so yeah my attack was wasted and now I am slightly pissed off. Seriously this pokemon is so OP, only 2x weakness to ghost and steel, well 1 both of these types are kind of hard to get in the game plus the fricken thing has Play Rough which feints anything I have with 1 attack. Its just so infuriating when I finally have 1 attack off and it wasn't even worth it.

Actually beat it :D. But still the number of ghost types and steel in Sun/Moon is kind of low. I do actually think that this new challenge is good because personally X was a total cake walk and is insanely easy.

There were a few times where I just put my DS down in disbelief because of the battles i've lost. So I understand what you mean lol. Mimikyu was annoying, especially when my two strongest Pokemon were Gengar and Decidueye which both have ghost typing, that shadow claw would take them out in a single hit and I ended up having to conduct a plan after several failures. That's what I like about these Totem battles though, they make me approach things more strategically and I actually have to think out a plan instead of rushing headlong into battle with guns blazing.

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
    Years
    Mimikyu was a tad-bit difficult, but with the SM being the first ever game that gave Diglett and its evos a steel typing, and also the first ever games where I tried trying X attacks and X defences in a battle, Dora the Alolan Dugtrio had a pretty easy time beating the crap outta the totem pokemon, not to mention about the two revives used on the diglett trio, the evolution line having pretty limp hp stats.

Years
    There were a few times where I just put my DS down in disbelief because of the battles i've lost. So I understand what you mean lol. Mimikyu was annoying, especially when my two strongest Pokemon were Gengar and Decidueye which both have ghost typing, that shadow claw would take them out in a single hit and I ended up having to conduct a plan after several failures. That's what I like about these Totem battles though, they make me approach things more strategically and I actually have to think out a plan instead of rushing headlong into battle with guns blazing.

I can definitely understand if you have a huge Ghost/Fairy weakness or a team that doesn't have the defenses to stand up. In fact, these totem battles was what actually encouraged me to use X Items for once and since the X Items got buffed this generation, they're actually more worth using.

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
    Years
    I kinda struggled with Totem Lurantis, the others were fine. I haven't encountered Totem Mimikyu just yet, come to think of it I don't even have good type coverage for Ghost/Fairy..

I know what you mean Lurantis was a pain to battle. I had to reset and I was yelling in frustration. I am sorry for making your headache worse mom.

Years
    I use my Dicidueye and Alolan Dugtrio to take it out. My Salazzle used flamethrower to get rid of that annoying ability! After that I toxic the dang. Mimikkyu is going to be a definite threat competitively... Why do all the Fairy Types have to be such annoying walls...

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2023
    For Mimikyu I just used Arcanine... who dodged most attacks thanks to max love from Pokemon Refresh. Just used fire type moves and bite. It was over quickly. However, the Lurantis kicked my butt all over the place. I had to reset/retry several times. >.<

Palmer-Granate

The Champion Jester
    Years
    MIMIKYU!!!!! Taking down Ghost Owl Decidueye was quite a last straw. (The impression I'm getting from this thread is that not just my owl got booted.) Even with strategy, I had to revive half/most of my team throughout the battle while dealing w/ Haunter, then Gengar as support. (Two Gastlys would have made the battle easier.) If you're a rookie or an expert, I doubt you'd forget that Pika-Screw.

Not just Ghost Trial, but when I would train my team or catch new types, the SOS Battling would hinder me, from minor irritation to full-blown frustration. You magnificent b@stards from GF have done it again.

Back