• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga One-Punch Man

Lunaturret

[B]The Forgotten[/B]
Years
  • Episode 3, 4 and 5 were fantastic. Y'all, A&M fegs, are missing out. On SO much. :(

You're pretty much getting fight scenes of this quality on a weekly basis. SO GOOD. <3

Episode 5 set things up what with the introduction of the hero association. Things are only gonna get REALLY good from now onwards. :D

It has started off so amazing i just hope they aren't pushing their budget it wouldn't be nice to see such a wonderful anime fall to budget constrictions or overspending.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • This show gets me hyped for every Sunday evening. A lot about the show is just fantastic, the main cast is enjoyable to watch, the OST is great and on the whole I have no idea what to expect each week. Oh yah can't forget the breathtaking fight scenes. Man not many shows can rival that level of quality.

OriginRoute

The Omnipotent Origin
    Years
  • One punch an anime where one punch finishes all, never have i seen an anime like this i cant wait until there is someone that can finally challenge Saitama t but then it wouldn't be one punch if thats the case.

I'm sure he'll find someone who won't die with a punch. Maybe a couple of punches. :P

Lunaturret

[B]The Forgotten[/B]
    Years
  • I'm sure he'll find someone who won't die with a punch. Maybe a couple of punches. :P

I was thinking of a strange theory what if he was just an experiment. Because he always training everyday non stop and lot of people could of saw that then he could of been used in a test run of some sorts. So hes being watched and evaluated and the reason more and more monster appear is real just to test his abilitys and at some point maybe he might be improved upon and someone then will try to rule the world destroy it watever mad peoples plans are.

Then saitama will have to protect earth knowing that he isnt the strongest after having to deal with the fact he isnt the strongest and maybe then realising he wasted to much time reflecting on being to op. Maybe someone heard his wish and granted him what he wanted put more for their needs then his.

Any thoughts.....

OriginRoute

The Omnipotent Origin
    Years
  • I was thinking of a strange theory what if he was just an experiment. Because he always training everyday non stop and lot of people could of saw that then he could of been used in a test run of some sorts. So hes being watched and evaluated and the reason more and more monster appear is real just to test his abilitys and at some point maybe he might be improved upon and someone then will try to rule the world destroy it watever mad peoples plans are.

Then saitama will have to protect earth knowing that he isnt the strongest after having to deal with the fact he isnt the strongest and maybe then realising he wasted to much time reflecting on being to op. Maybe someone heard his wish and granted him what he wanted put more for their needs then his.

Any thoughts.....

Spoiler:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I was thinking of a strange theory what if he was just an experiment. Because he always training everyday non stop and lot of people could of saw that then he could of been used in a test run of some sorts. So hes being watched and evaluated and the reason more and more monster appear is real just to test his abilitys and at some point maybe he might be improved upon and someone then will try to rule the world destroy it watever mad peoples plans are.

Any thoughts.....
    That's a bit too serious for parody anime =D

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Is it me or has the pacing been off lately? The last episode dragged with the meteor, but this one felt rushed. Seems like they want to get the Sea King Arc out of the way and pour everything into Boros for the finale. I remember the fight with Pri Pri Prisoner taking longer than this, and that he put up way more of a fight. That shot with Saitama holding Rider's phone in the rain was awkwardly placed here. In the manga it happened after he gets informed about the situation of the shelter and its whereabouts, so Saitama knows how serious it is. Here it happens after...Saitama tells the caller his name? What? Why does he suddenly look so serious after that? Because Rider dropped his phone?

The budget is starting to show. What stood out the most was Bang in the last episode. When the meteor fragments were heading towards Genos, we get a good taste of what Bang is capable of with his powers when he destroys them before he grabs Genos to safety. In the anime he just grabs Genos and jumps away awkwardly. Really takes away a lot from his character and his next moment won't happen for a while. Little details like that are important.

One thing I do like is the added focus on License-less Rider. I reaaallly appreciate that. He's honestly the best person in the show and they're building up for his moment. Considering that I can tell they'll nail it so I can't wait. It's one of the highlights.

Last edited:

Lunaturret

[B]The Forgotten[/B]
    Years
  • Spoiler:

The budget is starting to show. What stood out the most was Bang in the last episode. When the meteor fragments were heading towards Genos, we get a good taste of what Bang is capable of with his powers when he destroys them before he grabs Genos to safety. In the anime he just grabs Genos and jumps away awkwardly. Really takes away a lot from his character and his next moment won't happen for a while. Little details like that are important.

One thing I do like is the added focus on License-less Rider. I reaaallly appreciate that. He's honestly the best person in the show and they're building up for his moment. Considering that I can tell they'll nail it so I can't wait. It's one of the highlights.

I feel it could of been paced better as it went kinda quickly but when i read the manga it seemed to last longer in my head for some reason but when was shown in last episode i expected more it seemed to miss out little bits from the prison and i would of liked that more explained in the anime as many who watch the anime wouldn't of seen this. I don't mind changes i guess but when it takes way from the feel of the story it was based upon makes me feel like why and even thou this has been stated their budget is very big and they should know how to capture an audience and keep them happy but all in all no real complaints.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    They actually confirmed that the budget isn't big at all, and the show is a result of extremely passionate and talented animators.

Lunaturret

[B]The Forgotten[/B]
    Years
  • They actually confirmed that the budget isn't big at all, and the show is a result of extremely passionate and talented animators.

So like any other good anime there are possibilitys of this become stale or just similar in fashion to bleach.(it stopped and really hasnt produced any anime in a while) so views and ratings could be good for a while then production could stop people lose interest and then it doesnt get the hype it deserved.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Is it me or has the pacing been off lately? The last episode dragged with the meteor, but this one felt rushed. Seems like they want to get the Sea King Arc out of the way and pour everything into Boros for the finale. I remember the fight with Pri Pri Prisoner taking longer than this, and that he put up way more of a fight. That shot with Saitama holding Rider's phone in the rain was awkwardly placed here. In the manga it happened after he gets informed about the situation of the shelter and its whereabouts, so Saitama knows how serious it is. Here it happens after...Saitama tells the caller his name? What? Why does he suddenly look so serious after that? Because Rider dropped his phone?

I personally didn't notice any problems with the pacing. The previous episode did feel slightly dragged but that's about it. As for the placement of Saitama's seriousface, yeah, that definitely seemed VERY oddly placed. Its like they ran out of scenes to end the episode on and randomly picked that scene.

As for the budget, well, they gotta save it somewhere. Although I do agree on the fact that little details like that, especially, do need to be paid attention to, yes. Oh well. It is still doing a fine job of adapting the source material, overall.

I'm looking forward to it, too. His moment, I mean. :3

So like any other good anime there are possibilitys of this become stale or just similar in fashion to bleach.(it stopped and really hasnt produced any anime in a while) so views and ratings could be good for a while then production could stop people lose interest and then it doesnt get the hype it deserved.
    Probably won't happen with OPM. It is a parody while Bleach was a pure-blooded shounen. And Bleach is a super-long anime while this is super short. :p It not getting any more seasons after this doesn't seem likely either - it has been plenty popular on the internet and hopefully will be reflecting that popularity in japan too. The source material is selling pretty well so there's that to think about, too.

Years
  • I didn't mind the pacing, it seemed fine to me. I still just love this show. I loooooove Saitama and Genos.

That green-haired girl though.. will she have more of a role? Because it seemed odd to me that she'd be included in the opening song if all she would have done is speak a few lines and then disappear off the face of the show.

Last edited:

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • That green-haired girl though.. will she have more of a role? Because it seemed odd to me that she'd be included in the opening song if all she would have done is speak a few lines and then disappear off the face of the show.
    Tatsumaki spoilers.
    Spoiler:

Years
  • I don't like One punch man for a particular reason. I know he is cool, having extremely high physical strength, super human speed e.t.c and it has some jokes. But in most animes that i have seen the protagonist is always in either tight position or he is someone who tries hard to pass through obstacles and become a hero. In one punch man this isn't true. He starts overpowered noone can even hit him seriously e.t.c I think it's like starting a pokemon game with mewtwo lvl 100 and fighting sentrets, rattatas e.t.c lvl 2. Meaning, that i stop watching it after 10 episodes. I hope you find it more interesting and watch it how it ends lol

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Well, that's because it isn't one of those other anime.

It is a parody anime. It isn't an underdog story or anything of the sort. It isn't your cliche shounen anime. It is the way it is because it is specifically going for parodying superhero shows and shows with overpowered characters.

If watching an actual proper superhero show with a main character that struggles and overcomes challenges is your thing, you're better off watching/reading something like Boku no Hero Academia (My Hero Academia) - a series which, incidentally, just got greenlit for an anime adaptation recently.

that i stop watching it after 10 episodes. I hope you find it more interesting and watch it how it ends lol
    Watch 10 episodes out of a 12 episodes series. Hmm seems legit.

Honestly, if the show just doesn't appeal to you, why watch so much of it in the first place? 10 episodes? Isn't that a bit much? :/

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Saitama's dilemma comes from his depression. He's so bored of his life until Genos came along and his group of friends starts growing in numbers.

It's pretty much a gag anime that subverts tropes and has some good action despite its premise. Eventually other heroes, who are all interesting in their way, get more focus as the series goes on to keep things from getting repetitive. Any sense of tension and dread happens whether or not others can survive before Saitama arrives (or they manage on their own).

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • It is a parody anime. It isn't an underdog story or anything of the sort. It isn't your cliche shounen anime. It is the way it is because it is specifically going for parodying superhero shows and shows with overpowered characters.
    You know what? For some reason I feel that most people don't get that and think it's actually supposed to be serious... More people should understand that it's parody =D

I don't like One punch man for a particular reason. I know he is cool, having extremely high physical strength, super human speed e.t.c and it has some jokes. But in most animes that i have seen the protagonist is always in either tight position or he is someone who tries hard to pass through obstacles and become a hero. In one punch man this isn't true. He starts overpowered noone can even hit him seriously e.t.c I think it's like starting a pokemon game with mewtwo lvl 100 and fighting sentrets, rattatas e.t.c lvl 2. Meaning, that i stop watching it after 10 episodes. I hope you find it more interesting and watch it how it ends lol
    This guy obviously haven't seen Onii-sama xDDDD

Lunaturret

[B]The Forgotten[/B]
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Iv grately learnt more from the gathering of opinions here and really love the debate going on but in all fairness its not so serious and loved reading your opinion

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

If you try and give it a little longer im sure you might like :)

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

I loved your last question maybe he was trying to give it a try sometimes i do that if im not so suure on an anime and sometimes grow to love it :)

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

You are right even i didnt fully understand and youve help me on more then one occasion so thank you very much you have very good insight :)

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

The pacing for the last episode to me felt quick like i said in a previous post but love how everyone finds the little details i miss your quote for the opening song :)

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Back