• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga One-Punch Man

Years
  • Alright i didn't get the idea of anime sorry One Punch Man fans and thank you for your clarification :).

Well, that's because it isn't one of those other anime.

It is a parody anime. It isn't an underdog story or anything of the sort. It isn't your cliche shounen anime. It is the way it is because it is specifically going for parodying superhero shows and shows with overpowered characters.

If watching an actual proper superhero show with a main character that struggles and overcomes challenges is your thing, you're better off watching/reading something like Boku no Hero Academia (My Hero Academia) - a series which, incidentally, just got greenlit for an anime adaptation recently.

Watch 10 episodes out of a 12 episodes series. Hmm seems legit.

Honestly, if the show just doesn't appeal to you, why watch so much of it in the first place? 10 episodes? Isn't that a bit much? :/
    Thanks for the quick response :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lunaturret

[B]The Forgotten[/B]
    Years
  • I shocked no one has mention last episode on one punch man omg talking about a slow pace for start of sea king but last one for me really made it up right from the start it was great then mumen riders speech. There where to many great moments in this and even youtube exploded straight away with reactions of fans anyone love last episode as much as me. It was awesome its a parody but its serious as well seriously funny lol

Everyone have a lovely day here

Years
  • The ANIME'S GOING VIRAL!

The artwork of One Punch Man is transgressing any legacy left behind before. Have you all seen episode 10! it didn't live up to my expectations, but well it is the beginning of the alien arc after all. I'm sure the rendezvous of the alien king and Saitama would result in omiversal hazardous anomalous demolition!

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • The ANIME'S GOING VIRAL!

The artwork of One Punch Man is transgressing any legacy left behind before. Have you all seen episode 10! it didn't live up to my expectations, but well it is the beginning of the alien arc after all. I'm sure the rendezvous of the alien king and Saitama would result in omiversal hazardous anomalous demolition!
    It'll result in a lot more than you probably have expected. Be hyped. :p

Episode #10
    To be frank, its been a while since I've read the manga. So I had forgotten how the arc starts off. As a result, since I had read your post, I went into this episode with low expectations. To my surprise, it ended up being pretty damn entertaining anyway and there were moments I chuckled. It was pretty damn funny how Tatsumaki got ignored. And her irritated faces and voice - god damn. Her VA is doing a good job at her portrayal. Just perfect. XD;

Then there's the heartbeat sound whenever King comes on screen. Actually possessing knowledge about King's excessively inhuman powers made that any scene with that sound effect even better. The manga readers will know what I'm talking about XD;

The animation, or lack of it, showed in certain parts in this episode. Initially, there were a few sequences that felt slightly choppy and with slightly off-model art. But it went back on track pretty fast and it felt on-point towards the end. But cost-cutting right now in these kinds of episodes makes sense. The remaining two episodes will be badass and they'll need as much manpower and/or budget as they can put into it. :3

All in all, episode 10 REALLY managed to sell me on Tatsumaki as a character, had "KING MOMENTS" and showed Saitama dodging and punching those bigass bullets with a sneak peek at Lord Boros. It served as a really good setup episode and I'm definitely looking forward to the next few episodes now. <3;

derozio

Years
  • "KING ENGINE". YES. EXACTLY.

Too bad we won't get to see King utilize his power of intimidation or the KING ENGINE to the fullest since the anime will end at Boros arc. :( But it was still nice to see whatever we could of him - a big fan of the character, after all. <3

Reactions: Arc
    Years
  • Well, The glimpse of the one and only "King" was indeed funny. And that lady esper (I forgot the name, my apologies) did make a comic situation. But still, it wasn't as much as claps worthy as was Episode 9.

Still, Boros have few surprises upon his sleeve i deem. it'll be fun to see the action sequences in the upcoming episode. Well i heard 12 goes for the last episode. They'll be ending a legendary arc in the history of anime of action genre in 3 episodes. GG.

derozio

Years
  • She really is. She has made it clear time and time again, tbh. I'm a fan after this, really. She fits the character to a T. Cannot even imagine anyone else for her now haha

I cannot wait for the next two episodes. Just imagining how much sakuga goodness they'll bring to Saitama vs Boros makes my mouth water in anticipation <3

derozio

Years
  • Episode #11
    has been out for a while now. :D

I liked the episode. But it felt like such a goddamn tease, holy ****. I liked what I saw, sure, but what I am excited about has been decided to be shifted entirely to the final episode - Saitama vs Boros. God, gonna be so amazing. <333

While I read the manga, I never noticed this very obvious fact - Boros is like a bored Saitama who thought differently. He's by far the most powerful character on his planet/solar system/galaxy/whereeverhe'sbeensofar and he's looking forward to a challenge. And while Saitama just lazes around, helps people out and lives a relatively boring life all the while staying true to the roots of a character who chose to side with the "good side", Boros chose to decimate anything that doesn't satisfy him destroying lives and planets on his journey so far. Interesting stuff - very interesting how just a slight change in Saitama's ideology and we might've seen another Boros - but from earth, instead! XD;

This episode had Tatsumaki being OP as **** - justified due to the hype she's gotten - and the other S classes struggling with the alien commander. An alien commander who is on the same level as the one saitama just brushed off like an ant - again emphasizes the world of difference between them. Confrontations looked good and whatnot. But standout moments of the episode for me were definitely Tatsumaki's moment, Saitama's "OK" and the face Saitama makes when he goes the opposite way from where the enemy directs him towards. You'll know what I'm talking about when you watch, haha.

Bring on the final episode and the showdown I've been waiting for! :D

Years
  • spoilers for ep11 incoming!

Spoiler:

edit: for those interested, OPM's ratings have really been exploding. It placed second in Japan's weekly manga rankings list for Nov 30 - Dec 6 and has been steadily growing. :D

Last edited:

Shhwonk

always with the games, etc.
    Years
  • Just watched up to episode 11 of the series. It has to be one of the best anime I've watched in a long time.
    If it's only 12 episodes, then dam, what a place to start watching. xD The cliffhanger on 11 was too strong.

Sukyandaru

kimi ni baby sweet berry love
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2019
    I'm really loving the show so far, watched all 11 episodes that are out at the moment and can't wait for the 12th. I feel like I spoiled it for myself a little bit by reading all of the manga while watching the anime but it's not too bad since the manga was amazing in it's own right <3. Can't wait until the finale, and I'm hoping they make a season 2 since with how the show's going I don't think there's much reason not to. All of the S-ranked heroes, Saitama and Mumen Rider are so varied and lovable c:

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Binge watched this today, and I loved it! It was a simple anime with amazing fight scenes. Probably some of the best fight scenes I've seen from any anime and had some really funny parts as well. Saitama was probably my favorite part of the anime, he was so clam even though he was like god strong. I think that he, Genos, Mumen Rider and Speed-o'-Sound Sonic will form some kind of super team in the future. I need to read the manga next!

I wish that the anime was more than 12 episodes because there is so much more that I wanted to know after the last episode. For example:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • I love it so far. I'm really sad with latest episode.

Spoiler:

Years
  • The last episode was amazing and I'm really happy with the show. But I'm in total love with Saitama and his ridiculous antics that any episode is worthwhile.. that and I love the side characters. Especially Metal Bat, Tatsumaki, and Fubuki/King for those who read the manga.

@acatfrommars we don't know the answers to most of those yet even in the manga. Is Blast a relative or Bang though, I wonder? Bang has a brother named Bomb so it'd fit really well with their name similarities (even if Blast is his hero name whereas Silverfang's real name is Bang lmao). Unless it's already been stated in which case ignore my derp. x'D + I'm really curious to see more of Sweet/Amai Mask and why he's as scary as he seems. Hopefully the arc following the current one on Garou will focus on him.

On another note, apparently the creator of the OPM anime is pushing for a season 2, so fingers crossed it'll be announced.

Has anyone seen the two OVAs btw? They're amaaazing.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Oh I hope there is a season 2, I don't want this to be like Air Gear all over again. :'(

I feel like Blast will be like a secret villain and One Punch man or Genos will end up fighting him. I NEED TO READ THE MANGA NOW

Back