• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Only 1 new ice type

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2014
    It's kinda a shame that there's only 1 new ice type pokemon actually. They are one of my favorite type so I really hope they will make some new designs in the next games. Because only one ice type which is not really cool is not enough. Kinda a bad job from the company. Disagree/Agree?

Leo the Lion

Too many sexy people in this world, all of them fi
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Well, they only added 69 pokemanz and ~50% of them are fairy types, sooo....

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    That's just how it is sometimes. They only introduced one Dragon (dragons are my favorite type) in Gen 2. Did that make me like Gen 2 any less? Not really. Maybe next time they'll have a bunch of ice types you like.

And just curious, what's your favorite ice type Pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2016
    They actually added 2 new ice type pokemon. Aororus, and Avalugg. 4 new ice types if you count their pre-evolutions.

They also added 5 new dragon type. Zygarde, Noivern, Goodra, Tyrantrum, and Dragalge. More if you include their pre-evo's.

2 ground types as well, Superfox. Zygarde and Diggersby.

Last edited:

BossBattle

Legend Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2013
    lol I also forgot about Aurorus too, and only remembered Avalugg. I hope in the next installment(s) they add an Ice-type wolf, that isn't legendary. I've wanted a wolf poke for so long (as in not wolf-like dog, but an actual wolf). One that looks like Tiger from Monster Rancher (I know, its ironic the wolf character is named an animal not it's species). If they did, I would love Pokemon for that more than I do now!

Years
  • Well you have to take into account, that discounting Mega Evolutions, there were only 69 new Pokemon this generation so we knew there was going to be a lack of new Pokemon in certain types anyway. Plus they had a lot of Fairy-types among the new Pokemon as a way to showcase the new type, as well as retyping several old generation Pokemon.

In fact, the Skrelp line were the only new Poison-types this generation, while the Scatterbug line were the only new Bug-types. At least they made it up by introducing some interesting new type combinations.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Only introduced one new Poison line in Skrelp. lol prove me wrong

Edit: Wow didn't even see Hikari's post.

Last edited:

The Mighty Kamina

Paragon of Masculinity
    Years
  • In fact, the Skrelp line were the only new Poison-types this generation, while the Scatterbug line were the only new Bug-types. At least they made it up by introducing some interesting new type combinations.

There were enough Poison Pokemon in the first generation to suffice for the other five.

In all seriousness, though, certain types can be screwed over even in the most numerous generations. Gen IV only introduced four fire types total (The Chimchar family and Heatran), but I would say both Fire and Ice got some overdue love in Gen V. The types win some and lose some, I suppose.

大輔

Adventurer
    Years
  • I didn't really mind a single ice type since we now have fairy to tackle down the dragons. Plus there are still quite an abundant number of ice types in the game so I wasn't too worried

Skybro

Pure Epicness.
    Years
  • Bug type is not Ice/Rock... That being said, I wish Zygarde was Dragon/Bug or something.

Zygarde has an alright typing.
    Notice that I said "alright".
    I didn't say good.
    Even though it can be dead in an instant from an ice type move,it still is a pretty good sweeper with Dragon Dance and a Life Orb.(Plus STAB moves and a good nature!)

4O4

Error 4O4
    Years
  • I really hope they add more pokemon plus add some more pokemon from the past regions instead of having very few pokemon. I felt the game didnt have enough pokemon in general.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Ice-type Pokemon seem to always draw the short straw... They are terrible defensively, with Fire, Rock, Steel and Fighting super-effective and only Ice not very effective, and added to this there aren't many of them in ANY generation, and they always appear late in the game. Poor little guys.

I really hope they add more pokemon plus add some more pokemon from the past regions instead of having very few pokemon. I felt the game didnt have enough pokemon in general.

Lol, is 454 not enough for you?

Years
  • I wanted to see more interesting combos with Bug. At least they had one new combo with Ice/Rock.

Speaking of that, here's all the new type combinations we got this generation, including those that were created when old generation Pokemon were retyped to Fairy:

Normal/Ground (Diggersby)
    Fire/Normal (Litleo line)
    Steel/Ghost (Honedge line)
    Dark/Psychic (Inkay line)
    Poison/Dragon (Dragalge)
    Electric/Normal (Helioptile line)
    Rock/Dragon (Tyrunt line)
    Rock/Ice (Amaura line)
    Fighting/Flying (Hawlucha)
    Electric/Fairy (Dedenne)
    Rock/Fairy (Carbink)
    Steel/Fairy (Mawile and Klefki)
    Ghost/Grass (Phantump and Pumpkaboo lines)
    Water/Fairy (Marill and Azumarill)
    Normal/Fairy (Jigglypuff line and Azurill)
    Grass/Fairy (Cottonee line)
    Psychic/Fairy (Ralts line, excluding Gallade and Mr. Mime line)
    Fairy/Flying (Togetic and Togekiss)

That's actually a good amount of new typings we got this generation, especially a lot of ones involving Fairy-type.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    I really hope they add more pokemon plus add some more pokemon from the past regions instead of having very few pokemon. I felt the game didnt have enough pokemon in general.

/walks away

Kinda a bad job from the company. Disagree/Agree?

Disagree. Just because they didn't introduce more Pokémons of your favourite type doesn't mean a job done bad. There are few Pokémons in general of a type I like, doesn't mean they've done a bad job in general.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    I really didn't like Bergmite and Avalugg- hideous all around. I really would've appreciated a fairy/ ice type, at least, since they catered the game so heavily to fairies just wrecking face- especially with Team Flare. If they introduced the fairy type to wreck Dragons, then a fairy/ Ice type should've been introduced. Needlessly OP, perhaps, but funny as hell when it came to wrecking dragons

Back