• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Opinions on Seasons

What's your Favorite season in Unova?

• Total voters

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    To be honest I'd rather the seasons correspond with real life instead of appearing multiple times a year...

レイジングブラスト

Back after a short break
    Years
    I think the addition of seasons was a good idea and alongside the amazing 3D and the day/night system, it really adds a realistic feel to the game. My personal favorite season in BW is actually my least favorite in real life and that's Winter.

Years
    To be honest I'd rather the seasons correspond with real life instead of appearing multiple times a year...

They do this so the player don't have to wait. Like if you just started summer, and then the season changed to summer, you'd have to wait a long time til you are able to catch Pokemon that only come around winter. That's why they have all four seasons within one month.

Last edited:

Boarbeque

Deep Voiced Nerd
    Years
    Winter is the most noticable season in Unova and in real life. The whole color pallete changes drastically, you can access new areas and bears appear everywhere.

I think the addition of seasons was a good idea and alongside the amazing 3D and the day/night system, it really adds a realistic feel to the game. My personal favorite season in BW is actually my least favorite in real life and that's Winter.
    The Day/Night system is kinda there. You don't get any Morning, Day or Night exclusive pokemon which makes the system just aesthetic.

Last edited:

gregory_turner420

Trainer/Breeder
    Years
    at the same time seasons are reversed on the southern half of the earth so itd be hard for the seasons to be like reality, but i love summer in the games

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
    When you think about it, it makes sense for the seasons to change every month instead of every 3 months--it won't be Winter everywhere at the same time, for example, so at least this way, one month out of three corresponds with each real-world season for everybody. And this way, we also don't have to wait as long to reach a certain season so we can access a specific location (Winter) or battle a specific trainer (Spring).

Anyway, I love the seasons addition, and my favorite season is Winter. Still, the seasons are a bit disappointing in some regards. The only differences between the seasons, excluding the aesthetics, is the aforementioned trainer battle with Cynthia, minor things like Castelia Ice being open or not, and different Pokemon in the wild--and the latter still only applies to Winter. There could definitely be more changes within each season.

Also, I'm disappointed that only a few cities have snow in Winter, and only one of them is ever truly blanketed in snow. How awesome would it have been to see Castelia covered with snow? :(

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Winter is the most noticable season in Unova and in real life. The whole color pallete changes drastically, you can access new areas and bears appear everywhere.

The Day/Night system is kinda there. You don't get any Morning, Day or Night exclusive pokemon which makes the system just aesthetic.

But bears are supposed to be hibernating in winter! I would be scared to heck in reality if the pretty snow in reality meant that everywhere was going to be teeming with bears for three months straight. o_O

Wha...? They're not doing the thing like where HootHoot are only encountered at night in GSC/HGSS? Argh... I haven't even played HeartGold yet, and that was one of my favorite things about the time system, as the encounters were made more realistic. They could have Zigzagoon only appearing at night in Hiun City, Route 5, and 16 (I chose those specific routes because apparently Yabukuron is found there, and raccoons are commonly known for scavenging people's trash).

Also, I'm disappointed that only a few cities have snow in Winter, and only one of them is ever truly blanketed in snow. How awesome would it have been to see Castelia covered with snow? :(

Darn; urban cities covered in snow look amazing! A shame it wasn't implemented in Hiun City, especially since it's the most prominent city...

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    From the screen shots, I really like the Fall season. And secondly, I like the winter setting. I think the seasons are a great thing to incorporate into the games since it gives more setting to the game. I also think that it's cool that certain pokémon are in certain seasons because it gives it that tiny bit of oomph, knowing you have to go back at a different time to collect that pokemon you might be missing/wanting.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    Love the seasons.

Fall is the best. Winter is just dull looking until you get to the areas where it snows (which is few in number)

blue

gucci
    Years
    Yeah, I think it's safe to say that the Seasons feature is my favourite feature intoduced in Gen V, surely Day & Night and Weather is good but Seasons gives the games a more realistic and.. well seasonal feel and they make the game look better overall :)

Years
    I haven't got the game yet but it seems like a good idea. It kind of makes sense seen as, in real life, you'll see more or less of certain animals in the wildlife dependent on what season it is, so why not intergrate that into pokemon? :)

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think there's only one pokemon who's appearance is affected by the seasons which I'm slightly disappointed about as I think they could have been more creative with that aspect of it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I noticed something I dislike about the seasons - the fact that the leaves blowing in Autumn is only evident in Route 1. I wish they'd extend it for other routes, too, instead of isolating it. Also, I don't really like Autumn season as it is, I can't wait until it's over. XD

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I had pretty much grown tired of viewing the Autumn season throughout every place until I reached Icirrus City. The houses in that city resemble vintage houses, and what suits a city such as one like that more than the fall? n_n The colors just mix together perfectly, and its probably one of my favorite cities in the game so far.

However I really can't wait until the season changes as I'm eager to see the others already, haha.

Years
    I prefer the aesthetics of Summer more than the other seasons. The towns are so bright and they look like absolute little treasures. Winter is pretty cool too, especially with the additional bonus of hidden-area revelations; that's very creative and I'm glad Game Freak have been thoughtful in respect to implementing the seasons.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I love the seasons. Summer, to me, is what I'm most at home in. Bright stuff, anyone?

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    Mine is just staying at autumn, is that normal? How long does a season last?

That said I can't comment really because I've only seen autumn so far.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    I personally like winter a whole lot. What can I say? I like winter. I really like winter, or at least the mood set by it. I don't like walking in snow, or driving in it for that matter. I like looking at it most of the time though.

But yeah, that like translates into Pokemon quite nicely.

Last edited:
    Back