• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I'd like to see the Shellos line in Hoenn, after all they were intended to be introduced in Gen III sooo..

Yeah, they did have prototype sprites and the region itself could be a good place they can inhabit, the rainy regions near Fortree City. The other colour could be found near Dewford. It might be cool imo

Years
    Do you think that they will add in Pokemon from every gen? Idc if it's a few, it will get boring seeing only Hoenn pokemon.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    They have some Kanto Pokémon here and there and a lot of Johto ones inside the Safari Zone. They would add the slew of cross-generational evolutions and perhaps a few staples from Sinnoh. It's unlikely that they'll add much from Unova or Kalos, but they'll have to add a few of them at least.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Yeah, that's probably because they can't just cramp in a million Pokémon inside the limited amount of routes in the game. But then again, the extended areas are also possibilities...

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Haha, they did introduce a lot of nice Pokémon in the region. Especially the three dragons :P
    I'm going to have a hard choice between them.

Years
    I remember buying the original RSE games and having no inclination what the new pokemon were like. Needless to say, I was in awe and already had a full team by the first gym. Of course, I downsized once I ventured out further in the region and found even more unique pokemon, but the point is that Hoenn is filled to the brim with stunning native Pokemon. Its regional dex is bar none in my opinion. I could fill four different teams with my favorite Hoenn pokemon, haha. It's going to be a challenge chipping that down to six.

Years
    If they expand to the Hoenn dex I just may have trouble figuring out my teams. There's already a handful of Pokemon I plan to use, so adding more will likely expand that list, haha ;; That being said, I can definitely see Shellos and Gastrodon appearing for aforementioned reasons; dunno what else I can see being added in.

Years
    When I first heard that the Shellos line was originally supposed to be introduced in Hoenn, it felt so odd to me. It would actually be really cool of Nintendo to have them available to catch during the game where they intended to put them, haha. It'd be a nice touch! Maybe Wallace gets a shiny new Gastrodon on her final team.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Wallace with a Gastrodon and Whiscash would make it a cakewalk for grass types, but I otherwise see your point. Perhaps Gastrodon could in fact replace Whiscash?

Years
    Wallace with a Gastrodon and Whiscash would make it a cakewalk for grass types, but I otherwise see your point. Perhaps Gastrodon could in fact replace Whiscash?

That would make more sense. In any case, I could see Shellos being put into the regular parts of the game, but I'm interested to see if they put future generation pokemon other than Shellos in the game before defeating the Champion. Because it has been officially announced as a remake, I don't see them doing that, but it could happen. Pokemon like Ralts and Tangela, who obtained evolutions in later generations, may be able to evolve into their final forms, but otherwise I'm not sure.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    That would make more sense. In any case, I could see Shellos being put into the regular parts of the game, but I'm interested to see if they put future generation pokemon other than Shellos in the game before defeating the Champion. Because it has been officially announced as a remake, I don't see them doing that, but it could happen. Pokemon like Ralts and Tangela, who obtained evolutions in later generations, may be able to evolve into their final forms, but otherwise I'm not sure.

It wouldn't be the first remake to feature new Pokémon, though. Many cross-gen evos, like you said, would be added in like they were in the updated Johto Dex in HGSS. It would be something fresh to see new Pokémon as well, because the main reason why people want remakes is to play the game with new features and Pokémon in it.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
    It wouldn't be the first remake to feature new Pokémon, though. Many cross-gen evos, like you said, would be added in like they were in the updated Johto Dex in HGSS. It would be something fresh to see new Pokémon as well, because the main reason why people want remakes is to play the game with new features and Pokémon in it.

Mostly features for me, I'd be totally fine with playing RSE remakes that only include the Hoenn Pokedex from the originals games (i.e. the mixture of Hoenn debuts and prior-gen Pokemon that were available outside the Safari Zone).

I really hope they're not rushing these remakes. I mean it's entirely possible that ORAS were in development alongside X&Y, and it's quite justified that it wouldn't take long for a game to be released on an already established engine, set in an already established land with already established Pokemon and plot, I just have this feeling in my gut that Nintendo is pushing for way too early a release because of the crap years(s) they've been having.

I've been waiting for this game way too long for it to end up flopping :|

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I'm sure they'll update a couple of teams. Remember, not all the Gym Leaders had 100% Hoenn teams, they just used whatever Pokemon were available at the time that Nintendo could give them, and this time there will be more. For example, in Emerald Roxanne had two Geodudes and I'm sure they could give her at least a Roggenrola or something.

I have no doubt that they'll change the non-important trainers' teams a little bit.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Mostly features for me, I'd be totally fine with playing RSE remakes that only include the Hoenn Pokedex from the originals games (i.e. the mixture of Hoenn debuts and prior-gen Pokemon that were available outside the Safari Zone).

I really hope they're not rushing these remakes. I mean it's entirely possible that ORAS were in development alongside X&Y, and it's quite justified that it wouldn't take long for a game to be released on an already established engine, set in an already established land with already established Pokemon and plot, I just have this feeling in my gut that Nintendo is pushing for way too early a release because of the crap years(s) they've been having.

I've been waiting for this game way too long for it to end up flopping :|

It's quite possible that they would just photocopy the graphics and Pokémon features from X&Y, but they still need to put a lot of work on the region's environment and it's unique features. So I'm pretty sure that about 60% of the game's development must have been hidden under the 'X&Y coming soon!' banner.

Echidna

Years
    It's quite possible that they would just photocopy the graphics and Pokémon features from X&Y, but they still need to put a lot of work on the region's environment and it's unique features. So I'm pretty sure that about 60% of the game's development must have been hidden under the 'X&Y coming soon!' banner.

That's probably how they'll do it, with slight modifications here and there to the bottom-screen layout and/or functionality, and fixing stuff like the crappy frame-rate in battles when you turn on the 3D.

And I mean it's possible that a lot of work was put into the game during (post-)development of X&Y, perhaps even visual engineering as far back as the development of X&Y's engine (although I highly doubt it, they wouldn't gamble with the possibility of the visuals not working with the engine). I mean other than that, they'll probably make derisory alterations in the plot (in terms of development I mean), and they already have all the Pokemon 3D models... I don't know, it's hard to tell if they'd even reserve the man power and resources while they were working on such a major game-changer in the history of the Pokemon series, and a game as significant a step-up as X/Y.

I guess I'll just keep my hopes up for now, as only time will tell. (5 MONTHS AND 17 DAYS + PRO-NOVEMBER DAYS TO BE EXACT WOOHOO).

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    And I mean it's possible that a lot of work was put into the game during (post-)development of X&Y, perhaps even visual engineering as far back as the development of X&Y's engine (although I highly doubt it, they wouldn't gamble with the possibility of the visuals not working with the engine). I mean other than that, they'll probably make derisory alterations in the plot (in terms of development I mean), and they already have all the Pokemon 3D models... I don't know, it's hard to tell if they'd even reserve the man power and resources while they were working on such a major game-changer in the history of the Pokemon series, and a game as significant a step-up as X/Y.

The graphics and features are provided by X&Y. The storyline and gameplay is provided by RSE. They just need to put them together, right? I mean, I'm quite sure X&Y was a game that must have taken a terrible lot of effort to create, so the good part now is that they could simply forward this effort to the later games. The best part about this is that everyone wins: the player is content with the awesome graphics on a really nice old game, the developers are happy because of the rather easy break after a hard journey through X&Y, and Nintendo gets a good boost in sales by the remakes.

Echidna

Years
    The graphics and features are provided by X&Y. The storyline and gameplay is provided by RSE. They just need to put them together, right? I mean, I'm quite sure X&Y was a game that must have taken a terrible lot of effort to create, so the good part now is that they could simply forward this effort to the later games. The best part about this is that everyone wins: the player is content with the awesome graphics on a really nice old game, the developers are happy because of the rather easy break after a hard journey through X&Y, and Nintendo gets a good boost in sales by the remakes.

I hope so.

Heh, "good boost in sales" is probably an understatement, the buzz this game is generating is scaring me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back