• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Seeing as ORAS is kind of like second in the list I'm sure it's going to get a heck load of attention. Of course, Super Smash Bros. always comes first but the amount of hype around here... well, I'm sure 80% of the specs would be steamed if they didn't clearly make solid statements about a few things... the many things we've been discussing here, of course. And mega evolutions.

Years
    They still might not reveal too much at E3 even if that list is legit. However, there's so many theories and rumors about the games that it would be disappointing to the fans if Nintendo left ORAS out entirely. I think we can count on them talking about the remakes.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Naaah. Pokemon E3s tend to be really cryptic if I remember correctly.

I honestly am not expecting much info on these games for a couple months or so. That's how Nintendo usually likes to do it.
    Hype the hell out of us first before they actually show any solid information.

Which I have no qualms with! It just gives us more time here in this lovely forum to speculate, hm?

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
    Years
    Eh, but that doesn't really help with their sales sometimes. Especially with remakes. More than likely people know a remake and would love to get it. Some info should be revealed at E3, at least enough to keep us speculative.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I feel they're going to treat the secret behind the new looks of Groudon and Kyogre the same way they treated Mewtwo's formes (actually Megas).

I wonder if they'll include any more "big" secrets...

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    I feel they're going to treat the secret behind the new looks of Groudon and Kyogre the same way they treated Mewtwo's formes (actually Megas).

Actually I highly doubt it.

Groudon and Kyogre are the mascot legendaries for these games, unlike Mewtwo. So I doubt they'll leave their strange forms unexplained. For all we know they are part of the story!

I wouldn't be surprised if they throw in that twist. I just hope that they aren't Mega forms, and in fact, alternate forms. I don't really want to see them get stupidly powered up like the rest of the Megas have. I never did agree to Megas and I was one of those people who was hoping they were fake upon announcement. OTL;

Years
    I wouldn't be surprised if they throw in that twist. I just hope that they aren't Mega forms, and in fact, alternate forms. I don't really want to see them get stupidly powered up like the rest of the Megas have. I never did agree to Megas and I was one of those people who was hoping they were fake upon announcement. OTL;

To be completely honest, I didn't like the concept of Mega evolutions when they were first announced either. I was kind of skeptical that Game Freak could make it into something enjoyable, and believed that it was just a desperate reach to make the new generation even more revolutionary. However, I was proven wrong, and they turned out to be a nice addition to Pokemon, at least in my opinion. I still do hope that Groudon and Kyogre only receive alternate forms, though.

Years
    Actually I highly doubt it.

Groudon and Kyogre are the mascot legendaries for these games, unlike Mewtwo. So I doubt they'll leave their strange forms unexplained. For all we know they are part of the story!

I meant that they won't confirm what they are until halfway between release and now. Hopefully they will have a story unlike those Mewtwo Megas...

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I meant that they won't confirm what they are until halfway between release and now. Hopefully they will have a story unlike those Mewtwo Megas...

I'm sure they will :3 Since they're box art legendaries and a major part of the story, if the new forms aren't introduced in the main story, an explanation or some reasoning will definitely be included postgame or on a sidequest.

I'm interested to see what they are though. If they're new formes - what is the purpose for their new "powerup"? Do they get access to some new power? I doubt they would just powerup for no reason, but who knows. Also, if they're Mega Evos, which only happen when a Pokemon has a bond with its trainer, then I'm sure that will affect the story quite a bit :o

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I'm sure they will :3 Since they're box art legendaries and a major part of the story, if the new forms aren't introduced in the main story, an explanation or some reasoning will definitely be included postgame or on a sidequest.

I'm interested to see what they are though. If they're new formes - what is the purpose for their new "powerup"? Do they get access to some new power? I doubt they would just powerup for no reason, but who knows. Also, if they're Mega Evos, which only happen when a Pokemon has a bond with its trainer, then I'm sure that will affect the story quite a bit :o

Personally, I don't want new formes, bores me to death. However, Megas are my preferred thing tbh. And for the powerup thing, I think they would make an uber type of Drizzle and Drought, one that last the whole battle unless used another weather altering move.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    It would be a missed opportunity for them to not include ORAS in the E3 line up, not only is it strong publication but it also means we get more news. :)

Not only that, but E3 is known to be a speculation buster. Much of the rumours and theories are just struck down. One can only hope, though.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Personally, I don't want new formes, bores me to death. However, Megas are my preferred thing tbh. And for the powerup thing, I think they would make an uber type of Drizzle and Drought, one that last the whole battle unless used another weather altering move.

I mean, Groudon and Kyogre are not just going to awaken and randomly power up with no forms or Megas for no reason. I was mostly referring to how Gamefreak was going to explain their new forms, if any, for example, maybe they would absorb the Red/Blue orb and that causes an increase in power, etc. All of the legendaries have some reason for their form - Deoxys (its ability to adapt, plus its an alien; Giratina has one so it can fly around in its own home; Shaymin so it can fly and migrate; Kyurem because it is an empty shell of Tao dragons; Meloetta because its a singer/dancer; Keldeo because it is becoming of the same level as the other Musketeers; Arceus because it is God) The only legends that have one for no reason are the Kamis, really, which aren't box-art OR important legendaries for that matter.

CallumDe

PokéNerd_Mobile
    Years
    I never played the legit versions of Pokemon R/S/E but I have played ROM's. Though I have never completed the games as I have always done a nuzlocke and lost by the 3rd or 4th gym!

Years
    I agree. Hoenn was one of the best Pokemon games to date, and although I am hoping for some additions, I think they wouldn't disappoint anyone if the remakes were very close to the same as RSE in terms of story and landscape.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    I don't think they're really gonna mess with the base of RSE too terribly. Afterall, they're catering to the nostalgia factor by remaking these games. All of our remakes to date haven't really been changed too terribly from the originals. It was more like they just took the originals, gave em some sweet graphics and added a new thing here and there.

As far as drastic changes go, I doubt they'll do that. This is for the Hoenn lovers, afterall. You don't want to try and fix what isn't broken, it could upset some people.

Years

I hope they expand on the whole bond thing...it really didn't exist in XY as I could mega evolve my Mewtwo as soon as I caught it...what kind of bonding did we have between catching it and mega evolving it right away :/ !

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back