• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Order in the league!

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
  • We're not talking about what their rosters are going to be here.

So with Unova and Kalos both having leagues where we can challenge in any order you want, do you think that in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, they're going to implement the new system? Or are we going to go back to the old challenge-in-order system? Which system do you prefer amongst the two anyway?

EDIT: did you know that I suck at creating titles?

Last edited:

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • The levels actually build up after every E4 member in the originals.

Why not. It adds to the difficulty.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    I like options. It'd be great if you can pick which order you fight the members of the Elite Four. The Elite Four aren't really harder as you go. They're just different. The reasoning for fighting them in whatever order can be pretty diverse. Maybe you want to battle your least favorite characters first? Maybe you want to save the worst for last and pulverize them later. Perhaps there's some sort of strategy to why someone chooses the order they go with?

Options are always better. If you want to go the traditional route, you can choose to. If you're tired of the same old song you have the power to mix it up. It's win-win people.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    The Elite Four aren't really harder as you go. They're just different.

Actually,if you look on Bulbapedia,there's about an 8 level difference between most of Sidney's pokemon and Drake's Pokemon,so it does get harder,though it's not a huge difference.

Candy

Years
  • Options are always better. If you want to go the traditional route, you can choose to. If you're tired of the same old song you have the power to mix it up. It's win-win people.

From how you put it, having options sounds like a good idea.
    and that means a league makeover is in need as well

It's too bad that they didn't program the E4 members to raise their Pokemon's levels whenever you defeat one of them. That way, whoever you challenge last will be the hardest.

But progamming it that way will be pretty hard. Still an interesting concept though.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I thought it made it more challenging to pit you against whoever just so happened to be next though instead of letting you choose. With that being said, I'd actually like the old format to return because for the past two generations, I've felt the Elite Four and Champions were very underwhelming. If giving a forced order could add even the slightest difficultly, then that'd be great. I know some could argue that it doesn't, but I think being forced to play their way at least gives a bit more challenge. Not groundbreaking, no, but I'd rather be forced to play their way than mine. DPPt, which is in the last generation of games to force the order on us, was the last time I felt really challenged by the E4. Maybe it's a coincidence, maybe not, but eh. We'll see.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I hadn't thought about that. I'd like an any-order league this time around as well. It's so much easier than a gauntlet, because then you can learn patterns if you lose once or twice and even test the waters with each League member and shape your team/strategies around what goes on.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Thanks for making this thread :) . I was going to make it the other day but forgot to xD.

I think we'll be able to decide the order of the E4. Hopefully they'll make it so that the first one has level 50-55 Pokemon, the second has 51-56, the third has 53-57, and the fourth has 55-59 for the first battle or something around that. I'm basing the levels being around the 50's on the level of the E4's teams in RSE.

I also have some hope it'll be the same order as in the originals, but something tells me they may stick to the new way of battling the E4...
    I recall doing the strategy thing you've mentioned Antemotem. It was fun and difficult. Especially as I tended to put fire types to take down Glacia (and electric types to take down her Sealeo's) only to meet up with Drake...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I hadn't thought about that. I'd like an any-order league this time around as well. It's so much easier than a gauntlet, because then you can learn patterns if you lose once or twice and even test the waters with each League member and shape your team/strategies around what goes on.

I honestly just want to get my ass kicked like I did in the originals.

Years
  • I honestly just want to get my ass kicked like I did in the originals.

Same here. I actually managed to defeat the Kalos E4 on my first try...the name of the halls gave away the types so there was no surprise. If they do chose your own then I hope that they do what they did and Unova and lock us up in whatever room we chose, no halls telling us which type is which.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I also enjoyed the cascading level tiers. At a young age I thought it was cute and didn't really understand why it was like that but I appreciate it more now and would also appreciate if it was programmed to work like that.

Years
  • If they do choose they could also mix it up by changing where each E4 is so each time you choose a room it's like a gamble. Of course they'll also need to make it so that we can't leave once we make a choice. Imagine choosing a room which previously one fought Sidney to find that it looks different (after losing to him hypothetically speaking) then as you turn to leave the door shuts in your face! With no option but to fight Phoebe or whoever it is.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • The thing about the any-order E4 of Unova and Kalos is that the level scaling is a bit more forgiving. The four E4 members will have pokémon lv. 52-54 and then the chmapion will have a team of lv. 56-58 pokémon. If you level-grind to match Sydney's Absol, you'd stand a fair chance against Steven.

As opposed to the old method where Sydney would be lv. 46-49, Phoebe would be lv. 48-51, Glacia would be lv. 50-53, Drake would be lv. 52-55, and Steven would be lv. 55-58...it gradually builds up, and if you had to grind levels for Sydney, you'd have no chance by the time you reach Steven.

I don't have a preference personally, but I can see the arguments for both sides.

Years
  • The thing about the any-order E4 of Unova and Kalos is that the level scaling is a bit more forgiving. The four E4 members will have pokémon lv. 52-54 and then the chmapion will have a team of lv. 56-58 pokémon. If you level-grind to match Sydney's Absol, you'd stand a fair chance against Steven.

As opposed to the old method where Sydney would be lv. 46-49, Phoebe would be lv. 48-51, Glacia would be lv. 50-53, Drake would be lv. 52-55, and Steven would be lv. 55-58...it gradually builds up, and if you had to grind levels for Sydney, you'd have no chance by the time you reach Steven.

I don't have a preference personally, but I can see the arguments for both sides.

The old method for me like riding up a water fall only to find another, and another. It was fun to push one's self against one of the E4 and find another wall waiting for you. Sure hope they keep it set or do what I suggested in my previous post here.

Candy

Years
  • Thanks for making this thread :) . I was going to make it the other day but forgot to xD.

Thanks. I was just challenging the Kalos league and was thinking about how ORAS' league will go. But I can't find a thread about it and here we are now. xDD

Although, if they were to make us choose the order, I agree that they should really do something like locking us up back at gen 5. I mean, you can't tell what the room's going to be about, and then bam! Have fun with whoever you're facing.

But I still want the level scaling like how I said before: increasing levels after every E4 defeated. And resetting whenever you whited out.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I thought about this myself and I'm really not a fan of the current League format, so I really hope they revert back to the original "ladder format". The Hoenn League have set levels that vary from 46-55, so surely if they were to introduce the current format it would be somewhat unbalanced which leads me to believe they will go back to the original method.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    If they can add increasing levels with the choice of route you want to go, then I'd like that. Otherwise, I'd be good with traditional. I get the feeling they'll probably just do the traditional route though.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Despite what I've posted earlier, I have absolutely no objections to the "any order" E4 introduced in BW.

However, if that's the case, I SERIOUSLY hope they would make the league tougher. Not just because of free selection, but also because of that enhanced exp share. I hate to say this, but the Kalos league was a joke... Especially the champion which I found easier to defeat than any elite four member. Admittedly, the exp share is part to blame for this easiness.

I hope they will upgrade the levels of the gym leaders to around Lv50-55 for Wallace/Juan, then Steven at around Lv65.

Years
  • I hope they bring back the old system.... I didn't like the Unova & Kalos system that much... (Although the new system has its pros)..

Back