• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Outbreak: A Zombie Survival RP (SU/OOC)

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    So, joining a role play is something I haven't done in a looong while, so I thought, why not give it a try? I hope this is gonna work out. I've been reading up on some of the story, and it sounds really interesting. I haven't read up 'till the end yet, so I'm wondering how my character could fit into the story, but I think we can figure something out, haha. I hope I can join you guys in the zombie survival fun, haha. I'm completely willing to make changes to this character, so if anythings wrong, or could be better, say so, haha.

Spoiler:

Nice character you got there :D You might want to change the portrait though since it's already taken by Nolafus' Jacob (blame Klippy for not updating, that lazy bear)

Also what's with all the anti-social characters? The only two who were genuinely nice and had high charisma (aside from my character), Dennis and Mark are gone (RIP mark-sempai). Not everyone's a loner in the world y'know XD

Although it might be since we all like to have some independence in our characters and having them not like people makes it easier. So far I've seen GP and Oddball pull off the "I don't like you but eventually I will" trick pretty well - shows some nice character development :D

We have the zombie apocalypse mentality of nobody wanting to be too good. :P

The other male is Sonata's though, haha. I guess I can take one point of intelligence and strength and add it to charisma if that would make for some variety.

Edited in a second stat distribution, you guys decide which one fits the group better. I feel like the character can fit both.

You need to decide your own stat distribution! Don't craft your character based on what we want. That's no fun.

Also here's few new portrait options:

Outbreak: A Zombie Survival RP (SU/OOC)

If you'd like to see another, I only have a few left to give.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    We have the zombie apocalypse mentality of nobody wanting to be too good. :P

You need to decide your own stat distribution! Don't craft your character based on what we want. That's no fun.

Also here's few new portrait options:

If you'd like to see another, I only have a few left to give.

I finished him up, I think. I went with the more charismatic distribution, because I felt it made more sense for an art teacher to be better with people instead of being strong. Does this mean I can join? I'm a bit lost on how to work him in the story though. Just make him follow the tracks and get to the base?

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I finished him up, I think. I went with the more charismatic distribution, because I felt it made more sense for an art teacher to be better with people instead of being strong. Does this mean I can join? I'm a bit lost on how to work him in the story though. Just make him follow the tracks and get to the base?

I will factor you into the story as soon as possible, which is like...soon. But you neeed to select one of the portraits. So which do you want?

Is it too late to join? If not I'd like the last male Portrait.

Nope! Feel free. Fill out the signup sheet and select a portrait and then if you're accepted, I'll fit you into the story very quickly.

Last edited:

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I will factor you into the story as soon as possible, which is like...soon. But you neeed to select one of the portraits. So which do you want?

I edited the post already :) The one with the glasses, please.

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Awesome. If you'd like to introduce your own character, he can just show up at the Shelter and go in OR you can wait awhile for me to type up a similar post. Your call! :)

I would love to write something, but the fact that I have exams this week probably make the second option a better choice. It really depends on how fast you plan on putting out that post. I could write it tomorrow without a problem, as I'm done with school at 10:30, but if you want to put it out sooner, it might be better to let you do it. So I'm shoving the choice back to you, haha

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I would love to write something, but the fact that I have exams this week probably make the second option a better choice. It really depends on how fast you plan on putting out that post. I could write it tomorrow without a problem, as I'm done with school at 10:30, but if you want to put it out sooner, it might be better to let you do it. So I'm shoving the choice back to you, haha

I'll go ahead and wait for Aquataris to get his application in and if he's added as well, I'll intro you two together. :)

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years
    I wish to note that I may misstype or misinterpret. Here are some Wiki links: Latter Day Saints Book Of Mormon

Portrait:

Name:
    George Broker
    Hometown:
    Ogden, Utah, United States Of America
    Luxury Item:
    Bible(Or the Book Of Mormon)
    History:
    George was born in Ogden to two religious parents, Matthew and Allison, they came from Salt Lake City, home to the the Latter-Day Saints. The Latter-Day Saints focus largely on family and the communal aspect of a church. Their holy book was named the Book Of Mormon, which followed Jesus' journey in pre-columbian America. The main beliefs of the Church was that this was the Latter Days, that modern times were final days before the second coming of Jesus and the believers would be ressurected in the kingdom of Heaven. George grew up rather typically as expected, baptised at the youngest age of eight, which was not unusual in such a family-orientated religion. Although, he did find some specific parts more interesting than others, he often used ideas from the Book Of Mormon to inspire him in writing fiction when he had free time. When he was a baby they moved to Salt Lake City, but when he was 10 he moved back to his hometown, Ogden. Moving in to his new school was extremely difficult. He started to become a bit recluse.
    But something happened, that would leave a mark on his life for a long, long time. he started to notice that at lunch times, always at luchtimes, near the Oak tree outside his school, a silhouette of a man stood there, weeks came and went, the same man went and stood at the tree, watching the playground. Staring, just staring. In the summer his school would do George's favourite sport, swimming, but again, the man appeared again, on the top of the nearby appartments, looking down at him as they walked to the outdoor swimming. And again in winter, when they did rugby the stalker looked across the field as the boys turned their shirts inside out, he followed George to the swimming pools, and some times even home. But then, as he walked down the usual alley to get home, the man appeared around the corner grabbing George and pulled him away. The man was shadowed by the night.

And that night he got out of it by the skin of his teeth, narrowly missing a horrific incident, he broke free and began to run away to his home. When he got home, he found that the man had made it their first, this time he was fully visable, The stalker and his mother talked politely. The man had carefully convinced his mother that these claims that George had, were simply incorrect. The stalker was allocated to him as Baby-sitter. This began to become his worst nightmare, as day after day, he would become more and more close to the Stalker's goal. The Stalker seemed obbsessed with his little fetishes, his parents were starting new jobs and the day of reckoning had came. The first day of their new jobs, they called in... The Stalker. After a few days with this babysitter, he woke up in a strange place. He had awoke in the middle of the forest, a light shined in to his face, he squinted. He began to struggle, but then the torch moved away, the two police officers stood side by side, they held their torches up on their shoulders and analysed what was in front of them. George notice that he was undressed and chained to a tree.
    The police officers asked George what had happened, and George didn't know. The officers told him that they saw someone tying him up, and then ran away as he was spooked by the cops. George took this oppotunity to explain what his mother and father wouldn't listen to. After that the Stalker was never seen again, George ended up shaken...

Time moved forward, and George went on his mission for the Church, when he turned 18, to Germany. He studied the Book Of Mormon thoroughly, taking a specific interest in the Last Days Sections. He often remarked that because the Mormon Church was so self-sustaining, "Everyone else could just pop off the earth and they could survive on their own." This was due to the diverse membership of the Mormon Church and how they always had food storages, and helped others in their church and expected no reward, and after his mission, George returned home.

George turned on the TV, he went to the fridge, to find nothing there. The night before he had moved out of his parent's home, and most things were still in boxes, he took out the gas cooker and fried himself an omelete while reclining on his deck chair watching his TV. His usual programme was on, untill the screen went fuzzy, it then forcibly changed channel, reports of people violently mauling other people to death. The whole world was in panic, quickly, George ran up to his bed, looked for his bible, but then, he hadn't unpacked it yet, quickly he packed his bags and headed for the airport. Wishing to escape from the doom pre-emptively.

He had made a detour to his house to pick up a secondary copy of the bible and the book of mormon, as he put his key in the door, and opened it, it didn't open fully, he walked in and turned on the light, and he called out, asking for if they were home, he went to the book case, failing to find one, he decided to look in his old bedroom, upon turning around he faced the grey flesh of his mother who screeched, and hissed. George bolted it, followed by the animate corpses of his family he mounted his bicycle and started to peddle, and peddle he did, for his dear life.
    (( Apologies for the Stalker Plot ))
    [FONT="Amatic SC]Attributes[/FONT]
    STRENGTH 2
    Determines amount you can carry.​
    INTELLIGENCE 3
    Determines skill at mechanics, lockpicking, and perception.​
    AGILITY 3
    Determines how far you can travel without a vehicle, whether you can kill or sneak by enemies, and fatigue.​
    CHARISMA 2
    Determines ability to negotiate with survivors, calm panicked/hostile survivors, and influence group decisions.​

Could you please explain to me a bit more the pace of this rp, It seems that a GM posts once a week, does that mean that the RPers only post once a week?

Last edited:

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Spoiler:

Could you please explain to me a bit more the pace of this rp, It seems that a GM posts once a week, does that mean that the RPers only post once a week?

I'm going to accept you! I only ask that you proofread your posts a bit more. A few sentences in your history are run-ons and it's hard to get the flow of your work when it's like that. :) Besides that, looking forward to having George on the team. :)

And I've since updated the rules of the RP. The pace is flexible. I have loosened up my requirements a lot and as long as you're consistently active, I won't be a stickler. Just make sure you're responding at least once to each GM post whenever they're posted. If you're unsure which of my posts are GM posts, you can look at the OP of the IC thread to see the Story and which are linked there.

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years
    I'm going to accept you! I only ask that you proofread your posts a bit more. A few sentences in your history are run-ons and it's hard to get the flow of your work when it's like that. :) Besides that, looking forward to having George on the team. :)

And I've since updated the rules of the RP. The pace is flexible. I have loosened up my requirements a lot and as long as you're consistently active, I won't be a stickler. Just make sure you're responding at least once to each GM post whenever they're posted. If you're unsure which of my posts are GM posts, you can look at the OP of the IC thread to see the Story and which are linked there.

How exactly will we be introduced? Apologies for the run on sentences, I used to be here quite a bit ago and I was referred to a spell checker that applies it to everything on the internet, but I no longer have that program. I am finding it very irritating when I don't see obvious mistakes. One of my weak points are spreading my effort evenly and knowing when I need to end the sentence. I didn't proof read it as I had wrote a lot by the time I finished and didn't want you to go to sleep or anything before reading it. Is that backstory ok? Topic wise?

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    How exactly will we be introduced? Apologies for the run on sentences, I used to be here quite a bit ago and I was referred to a spell checker that applies it to everything on the internet, but I no longer have that program. I am finding it very irritating when I don't see obvious mistakes. One of my weak points are spreading my effort evenly and knowing when I need to end the sentence. I didn't proof read it as I had wrote a lot by the time I finished and didn't want you to go to sleep or anything before reading it. Is that backstory ok? Topic wise?

I'm working on it now, but most likely I will have you guys simply join the group already active by escaping in the vehicle we're in. That's going to be the easiest plot-cohesive way to intro you, so if you want to do your own post, simply follow the latest GM post (Bratton I) and consider where or how you stumbled upon the scene depicted. Then you can just ask Bratton if you can join along and have him let you into the vehicle. That'll be easiest. Otherwise I will do it myself and then you can be integrated into the group. :)

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years
    Do I need to change My Portrait, could you show me all the available all the male portraits, as Syren seems to have my portrait. I noticed as I am reading through the IC thread. Additionally, what will I have in my inventory when I join?
    (I've decided to wait for you to intergrate me)

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Do I need to change My Portrait, could you show me all the available all the male portraits, as Syren seems to have my portrait. I noticed as I am reading through the IC thread. Additionally, what will I have in my inventory when I join?
    (I've decided to wait for you to intergrate me)

Syren is no longer in the roleplay and his portrait is free to use, as are any other removed players. I have a limited supply, so those that leave lose their portrait/character when they decide to drop out.

And okay! We'll get that done soon so you two can get going and join us.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Okay, so we have two GM posts up now. As our groups are split:

BRATTON I (McGregor, Hawke, Alex, Jacob, Youssef, [Dennis])

KIN I (George & Oswald)

Joint Post - non-GM (Godfried & Rob)​

Please make sure you guys are responding to the proper GM post! Our story will be taking a dramatic shift soon and I really want everyone to be involved with these so we can really get the ball rolling and move our story forward. :D

If you don't have time for this one, I will most likely bunny your character into their proper place for us all to advance together. :)

Back