• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OVER!] Who's That Pokemon? Tropical Summer Edition

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Oh jeez, just missed No.3. No worries, will start with No.4, at least get myself on the Leaderboard (but there's no way I can catch up with the Leaders, even if get everything right from here -_-)

Pika Pika :chu:
    You're not too far behind! Welcome to the game. :)
    I keep getting a stupid video ad that takes up about 1/4 of my screen when I try looking at the Dream World pictures.
    Would an alternate link help (if you haven't found one already)? I use an adblocker so I'm not sure if this is any better - http://www.pokewiki.de/Pokémon_Dream_World/Artworks

It's all in like German, but the art is still the same, haha.
    The first one was so easy, what happened lol
    I make the first one easy to lure participants in, then the rest hell to mess with you guys. >:)

Nah, I just adjust the difficulty as I go, everyone was doing really well for the first couple so I thought I'd throw in a few challenges to make things more interesting. :P If I notice too many people struggling a lot I'll dial it back a bit - trying to hit a good balance that isn't too boring and easy, but not so hard it's discouraging.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024

qujESG5.png

PUZZLE 6

You have until Saturday, July 16th Midnight (PST) to submit your guesses. Good luck!

This puzzle is over! The answer was Exeggutor.

mCPM09C.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Can I just say this is the prettiest darn thread I have ever seen. Will be browsing the Pokédex shortly :D

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024

qujESG5.png

PUZZLE 7

You have until Sunday, July 17th Midnight (PST) to submit your guesses. Good luck!
    (think beaches!)

This puzzle is over! The answer was Dwebble.

sDrVWtQ.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024

qujESG5.png

PUZZLE 8

You have until Monday, July 18th Midnight (PST) to submit your guesses. Good luck!

This puzzle is over! The answer was Castform.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024

qujESG5.png

PUZZLE 9

You have until Tuesday, July 19th Midnight (PST) to submit your guesses. Good luck!

This puzzle is over! The answer was Tropius.

OIhduqA.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024

qujESG5.png

PUZZLE 10

You have until Wednesday, July 20th Midnight (PST) to submit your guesses. Good luck!

This puzzle is over! The answer was Vivillon.

fLpMFQz.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024

qujESG5.png

PUZZLE 11

You have until Thursday, July 21th Midnight (PST) to submit your guesses. Good luck!

This puzzle is over! The answer was Kingler.

Last edited:

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Aaaaaaaa I hope it's not too late for me to take part in this! I'm probably not gonna win anything haha, but I'll just participate for the sake of it. :D

(Also, your version is impressive as always, Juno! ^-^)

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • Aaaaaaaa I hope it's not too late for me to take part in this! I'm probably not gonna win anything haha, but I'll just participate for the sake of it. :D

(Also, your version is impressive as always, Juno! ^-^)
    Aha so our resident WTP Master decided to be on the other side this time. But Juno what, it was a VeRevise idea to join in, albeit late ^-^ :P.

Pika Pika :chu:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Apologies for the delay, guys! The server went out last night just as I was about to post the puzzle, and I had to leave early this morning, won't be back until tonight. I'll get around to posting the puzzle, replying to your PMs and updating the OP etc. a little later. :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    The answer to the final puzzle is actually Unown ?, this is all just a clever ploy to prevent anyone from earning a perfect score </3
    My insidious plan has been revealed >:)

jk:

qujESG5.png

FINALLY PUZZLE 12!

We're finally at the end of these 12 13 days! To make up for the wait...

BONUS!

fhhEfFj.png

For an extra point! The theme does not apply for this puzzle - it's still Dream World art, but aside from that, it could be any Pokemon. Good luck!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024

qujESG5.png

PUZZLE 12

This puzzle is over! The answer was Sawsbuck.

BONUS PUZZLE

This puzzle is over! The answer was Seviper.

And that concludes Who's That Pokemon: Summer Edition! Whether you only popped in for a puzzle or two, or stuck around to the very end, I hope you had fun!

Here are the final standings:

Austin
    Caite-chan
    Cyberglass
    kingdenas
    Mewtwolover
    Wobbu

Battle Girl Spoony

LegendChu

doge

R.F.

Luigi-San
    Mega Diancie

Caaethil
    circuit
    countryemo
    The Great Black Kyurem
    Wobb

Stickmaster62

Anivia
    CBD
    echimaru
    Forever
    nishthelegendarytrainer
    Revise Librarian
    TwilightBlade

25 points
    25 points
    25 points
    25 points
    25 points
    25 points

22 points

17 points

16 points

15 points

6 points
    6 points

4 points
    4 points
    4 points
    4 points
    4 points

3 points

2 points
    2 points
    2 points
    2 points
    2 points
    2 points
    2 points

I didn't reply to the last batch of PMs, but really, thank you guys so much for playing! Many of you are very kind in your PMs and it always makes me smile to read the little comments along with your guesses. :)

Again, if I've made a mistake, please let me know! I don't delete my PMs so if you feel there is an inconsistency I can double-check.

And @R.F. I mistakingly told you you earned 4 points in the last PM but I forgot the bonus is worth 1, so it should have been 3. :P

EMBLEMS

Hover over for information!

UZrVkq6.png
    dWpdjrJ.png
    h9gK9OL.png

LNaeBae.png
    OjeCh0b.png
    1cU62c6.png

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Eh, no big deal. Mistakes happen all the time.

I actually just randomly got back to PC and discovered that there was a GT going on at the moment. I kind of like this event in particular, so I figured I might as well see how far I can get. At the time, I already missed out on the first five puzzles, so going for max points was already out of the question. Still, I was able to solve every puzzle since and had a lot of fun doing so, which is all that matters, afterall.

Some of the puzzles were definitely harder and gave me quite some trouble solving. At first I thought the round shape would make it harder as well, but that really was no issue. I also tended to forget that it had a summer theme, which kinda made it even harder for me (though, that's totally my fault).

There was always enough time for me to find a solution and even after I found it, a reply that told me whether I was right or wrong always came in time. So, even if I had not found the true answer, there would still be time to resubmit another one. Those replies where also pretty friendly.

There's not much else to say, except that I hope, this continues to be a thing in later GTs. :)

Years
  • Thanks for hosting, Juno! ^^

I really thought I was going to get a perfect score this time but you stumped me with #11! I even stared at Krabby for the longest time but couldn't see it! Next time... {XD}

Back