• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Overlooked Pokemon

Paige Berlitz

HAPPY SAINT PATTIES DAY
Years

• Well How Many times have you over looked pokemon.

Here is a list of some uncommon pokemon:
    • Baltoy
    • Claydol
    • Caterpie
    • Weedle
    • Castform
    • Cleffa
    • Igglybuff
    • Durant
    • Octillery
    • Feebas

(I will add to the list)

if you ever overlooked a pokemon please post it in here. And I know Baltoy is definitely overlooked.
    Also why do you think some pokemon are overlooked? Please share your stories as well.

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

Castform! I certainly feel as if Castform is a really overlooked Pokemon because so many people avoid using it because it has poor stats, a poor typing, and is really hard to obtain outside of RSE. That said, I simply love this Pokemon. I feel like Castform is a very valuable Pokemon for any in-game team because it has a massive movepool that has great coverage. I have used one countless times and had success with it. All in all this is an adorable Pokemon, with great abilities, and a nice gimmick that is overlooked much more than it actually should be.

As for Pokemon that I always overlook, I tend to forget that Cleffa and Igglybuff exist. I really like both of these Pokemon and find them extremely adorable, but I just always seem to overlook them and I don't really know why. I guess that they just never really stood out much in the anime or games to me.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Ladies and gentlemen:
    Overlooked Pokemon

I honestly forget this guy is a Pokemon sometimes. And I don't think I've ever heard one mention of it.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I completely agree with Durant. What is that thing even, a legendary? Pseudo? Just a strong pokémon or even a week one but at the end of the pokédex? I have no idea because I've never seen it used in any way.

Also @ OP, things like Caterpie and Weedle are unevolved so that might be why you feel they are overlooked. They aren't really useful in any other way than evolving, early on even.

Also Octillery! Octillery should be a more widely used pokémon, maybe not competitively but in the anime, games and stuff. It's cool and one of my favorite ones.

Paige Berlitz

HAPPY SAINT PATTIES DAY
    Years
  • Also @ OP, things like Caterpie and Weedle are unevolved so that might be why you feel they are overlooked. They aren't really useful in any other way than evolving, early on even.

Yeah but they are still good. I always have one in my team or my box. I like to collect every pokemon I can. But I have actually overlooked Feebas. he evovles into a beautiful Milotic if you train it right.

What are your thoughts on Claydol and Baltoy?

I have updated the OP as well.

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
    Years
  • Why did you post a list of some of my favorites as "over looked?" o.O Erm ... I mean .... yeah, I don't use any of those in battles.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    Flareon and Slowpoke. A lot of people don't seem to like Flareon because it doesn't learn a lot of moves and isn't as strong as it's other eevee friends, and Slowpoke is, well, really really, really slow. But I think they're adorable. In one of the next Pokemon games I'll get, I hope to get a Flareon for my team. Currently in Black, I have a Slowbro (she evolved. . .), and she is a very important member of my team! The second strongest, in fact.

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
    Years
  • I .... overlook all the legendaries. Honestly, I get them to collect them, then I rarely use them. Reshiram is the only legendary pokemon I used a lot. I think it looks sooooooo freaking cool, with the engine like tail, almost a fuzzy angel dragon. Such a cutey! I mean, so cool.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Shuckle is definitely overlooked. People used to have Shuckle in their team back in the R/S/E days, but as soon as the fourth generation games started to roll, this Pokémon have suddenly become forgotten. D: Shuckle may be a little bad-looking when it comes to design, but battling-wise, I find it to be quite helpful. Suckle is extremely slow, and it's not that great on the offensive side of this either, but its defenses are certainly over-the-top. Its Defense and Special Defense are both two-thirty, which allows it to take plenty of hits and stall the opponent for as long as it can. Its ability is Sturdy, which always makes sure that no Pokémon can take it out with only just one hit. Not only that, Shuckle also has access to plenty of moves that you may find to be useful, such as Stealth Rock, Toxic, and Encore. Stealth Rock could make an incredible support move for almost any of your team, as it would force your opponent to lose five- to ten-percent of their health immediately after they send a Pokémon out to the field. With Toxic, you'll be able to ruin a handful of walls that your opponent might have, in their team, such as Hippowdon, Porygon 2, and Swampert. Encore would enable you to trap your opponent to only one move, which would force them to switch out. This Pokémon can learn Rest as well, which would recover it back to full health whenever it's low in HP.

They should be able to bring some attention to Shuckle if they had given it an evolution, but I'm not completely sure if they would. :( It may end up getting a Mega form though, because in one of his interviews, Junichi Masuda—the mastermind behind GameFreak—has promised us that he's going to give a MegaEvolution form to all Pokémon one day.

Years
  • Corsola, koffi~

Who here uses Corsola? It's that one Water/Rock type we all seem to skip over, koff~
    Wow, you just read my mind. When I was putting together the Favorite Pokemon tournament this week, I looked at Corsola and thought "Oh yeah, I forgot about you," and moved right along.

Sunflora and Grumpig are a couple second stage Pokemon that I always forget about, too. Sunflora I completely forgot existed for a span of a couple years, and if it weren't for being baffled at what Sunkern evolved into last year, I still might've continued to overlook it. As for Grumpig, not only do I always overlook it, but I just realized now that it's actually a Hoenn Pokemon, and not from Sinnoh. I don't how I missed that until just now :s

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    Overlooked Pokemon

I hope you all can recall his name properly without having to look it up =D

Years
  • Finneon and Lumineon... though I guess they don't count because they're just bang on average.

Raikou and Entei are overlooked IMO because of Suicune, they're both competitive beasts (Raikou even more so) and literally classified as beasts.

Last edited:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Durant! I mean, that thing is ridiculously powerful. It falls on the unfortunate end of where it is placed. It's only found in victory road where nearly everyone has their entire party by now. However, Durant is incredibly fast, can hit HARD, and has a pretty good defense. I've only used it in competitive play, where it worked wonders.

Back