• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OverRated Games?

KnilShadowLink

#1 Arcanine Fanboy
Years
  • Hey just wondering what game you guys think is overrated?

Personally I think *prepares to get flamed* OoT is a bit overrated. I think it's an excellent game, but I don't think that it's the all time greatest like everyone says it is...I mean the story was amazing, gameplay was fun, there was tons to do in the game, but I feel like there are better games out there, I actually enjoyed MM more xD

...so what are your guys personal opinions about games you think are overrated?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Personally I think *prepares to get flamed* OoT is a bit overrated. I think it's an excellent game, but I don't think that it's the all time greatest like everyone says it is...I mean the story was amazing, gameplay was fun, there was tons to do in the game, but I feel like there are better games out there, I actually enjoyed MM more xD

I agree totally. I mean, OoT *is* terrific, but I can name a number of Zelda titles that I find better - and MM would be one of them.

Okami was a good. A solid outing. But it did not blow me away in any way.

Also, TWEWY.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • I personally feel that Final Fantasy 7 is VERY overrated.
    People often refer to it as the best game in the series,
    and while it's a good game with a very good story,
    it's nowhere near to being the best in the series.
    I still personally think that Final Fantasies 13, 10, 8, 4 and 6 are way better than 7.

inb4 h8.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I never use the word overrated. If you say that a game is overrated then you are basically saying that your opinion is worth more than the opinions of all the people who rate that game highly. I think that no game is overrated. These are just popular games which you happen to not like.

I do not like Donkey Kong Country for instance I find it very boring.

Last edited:

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Ok some of these games I love but they are in fact overratted...

-Super Mario Galaxy 2 such a amazing game but that's why its overratted
    -Brawl is very overrated without a doubt. Can't blame it the game is very fun
    -Oot I agree the game is great and even I stands at my fav zelda game but it indeed is overrated
    -Call of Duty don't know if I can actually say overrated everywhere but here its very overrated and Modern Warfare 2 was overhyped. My local Gamestop sold over 200 copies on the first day of release.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I would say Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is overhyped to me, everyone says it is awesome, I find it... Well... I dunno.

I will agree with OoT. Despite loving it so much, I do find other Zelda games better (MM for example, to me, just feels more... Well, harder and well done with the time thing).

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2018
    Counter Strike 1.6 down here in Ex-Yugoslavia. Ugh. It's fun and all that but srsly.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Call of Duty. I don't see why it's so popular (but then again, I'm not much of a fan of shooter games). Guess it's the multiplayer. And Halo. Good Lord. I like Halo, but people are so weird about it. Just like...stop geeking out about it. It's not the greatest shooter evar. And Halo 3 was overhyped. After it came out, I don't remember hearing a word about it.

I'll add more later.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Most of the GTA series, San Andreas in particular. Grand Turismo 4 also.

Never played Halo or CoD but by the amount of Facebook groups about CoD i haqve to say that.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, followed by Gears of War 2. OH MY GOD I'M SO ORIGINAL BY SAYING CALL OF DUTY.

They were both awful games that lacked fun, unlike their predecessors.

KnilShadowLink

#1 Arcanine Fanboy
    Years
  • I never use the word overrated. If you say that a game is overrated then you are basically saying that your opinion is worth more than the opinions of all the people who rate that game highly. I think that no game is overrated. These are just popular games which you happen to not like.

That's not true, you can like, hell love a popular game and still think it's overrated (In my case OoT). And I'm not saying my opinion is worth more than others, I just like to here what games people think are overrated xD

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I do not like Donkey Kong Country for instance I find it very boring.
    I agree. I just played the game it was very boring.

Maybe back in the day people just freaked out about the graphics. But today its nothing special.

Donkey Kong Land however is a truly terrific platformer.

Paper Ghost

[torn to shreds]
    Years
  • ...Kingdom Hearts. *SHOT AND BURNED*

Sorry, I mean it's not BAD or anything...I just didn't like it and it's insanely popular. o__0;;

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
  • I would say my number one choice, but the last time I did I got trolled by an admin. ⊂(゚ヮ゚)⊃

I think...

Sonic Adventure 2. As the game that truly split the fans who like the good games of the Sonic series and the ones that like the horrible games and the crap ton of characters, even then, the game is underwhelming. I just wanted to play as Sonic (and I guess Shadow, not that I like him) but I had to wait up to an hour at a time for the cut scenes and the dull, mindless Tails and Eggman stages and the dull, confusing Knuckles and Rouge stages before I could finally get to the high speed action I GOT THE GAME FOR. Although Sonic Adventure had the Knuckles and GODAMN Big stages and the Tails and Amy stages were dumbed down Sonic stages, at least I could rent the game, beat Sonic's levels and be done with it. Sonic Heroes and even 06 got this right and Unleashed made the fatal mistake of the Were-hog stages. So, yeah. Not too fond of it.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • Okay.

1 - Kingdom Hearts: It's my all time favorite game. ALL TIME. I do admit its overrated. But by fan girls tho. But it still doesnt make me hate the game, Its my favorite game and always will be.

2 - Final Fantasy VII: It's a pretty much the most overrated game I have seen in a long while, all the squeals, Prequels, and side games they have, and I do admit its has a good story. and it is my favorite FF game of all time.

3 - Mario games: I like certain Mario games. But to be honest it's pretty much the same story, Princess Peach gets kidnapped by a large Koopa, named Bowser, and Mario goes save her butt, the end :D. But they are addicting tho.

I can't think of any thing esle. D:

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2012
    I never use the word overrated. If you say that a game is overrated then you are basically saying that your opinion is worth more than the opinions of all the people who rate that game highly. I think that no game is overrated. These are just popular games which you happen to not like.

Yeah, I pretty much have to agree with you on the over-rating part of your post. One may not like a game as much as the majority of the community, but that doesn't mean the game is "overrated". It just means that you don't find it to be as good as a game for whatever reason. I kind of wish people wouldn't use that term so loosely.

To get on topic, I didn't find Final Fantasy IV to be as good as people say it is. The difficult was pretty rough (well, too tough for me. Where's my easy mode? :(), the combat wasn't really that great in my opinion, and the story wasn't really any better than that of games like Fire Emblem. Of course, I didn't quite get all the way through it. I gave up on the Dark Elf encounter. I guess it just wasn't my sort of game.

Edit: How do you find Sonic Adventure 2 to be overrated, by the way? Really, it didn't score that well, did it? I personally enjoyed it, although I can see how people could hate it. I just don't really care about the Sonic platforming enough to be mad when it's only in 1/3rd of the game, I guess.

Back