• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Overwatch

Killua

EVERY TIME.

(mostly because I like killing supports #pickclassesforlife)

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I freaking love her already. Have you seen her origin trailer?

I've been doing pretty well with Widowmaker these days, so I'm very curious how Ana's abilities will be in terms of being a dual class hero. It's gonna be tricky to be healing your teammates and sniping enemies at the same time. Can't wait to try her out.

Killua

Heck, D.V.A needs a buff, for me she serves as a nice way to charge my ulti. And that is it.

Last edited:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Looks like i was beaten to it. And yep, i knew it was going to be that one character with a sniper-like rifle in a certain piece of artwork that showcases the original team.

I think i gotta read on some patch notes before i start playing again. (Will be playing later at around after 12 noon my Southeast Asian time, and this time I'll be bringing my own peripherals at the PC Cafe.)

Also, D.Va always charges my ulti, if you all know what i mean.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    There are so many ways to use dem Nanomachines (son) steroid and aside from the whole giving roids to Reinheardt which people might commonly use it for, I also like the nanobots roids on Reaper, Soldier 76, and my alternative spirit character Roadhogg, who I have been using for the past few matches.

On Reaper:
    - essentially turns him into a walking Death Lotus, without having to use his ulti yet. Ever wanted to kill a multitude of enemies on a well timed flank while still saving the ulti? There you go.

On Soldier:
    - I actually found this quite terrifying since it essentially turns S76 into a living Rapid Fire Auto Cannon, smart gunning people with his ulti up and ripping them inside out on a rather long distance.

On Roadhogg:
    - Holy sh*t this is terrifying. With Nanomachines (son), Roadhogg becomes true to his name, a one man apocalypse.

Last edited:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Alright Overwatchers. I feel like we need more in-depth discussions on what's going on with patch changes because reading on patch notes is an essential way of being prepared for in any multiplayer game so...

Here's my MS Paint made infographic on the changes to the heroes this patch:
    Overwatch

Legend
    Up arrow - Buff
    Down arrow - Nerf
    Double ended arrow - Adjusted (not necessarily a huge buff or nerf but some core changes)

I could provide a forum link for all of the changes this patch as a means of furthering an in-depth discussion on these changes but forum rules i think do not allow direct linking of other forums, so instead I'll discuss the changes one by one

Buffs:
    D.Va
    Spoiler:
    D.Va - essentially, Blizzo went in one angle to make D.Va "tankier" in a sense that she can do more damage absorption with her Defense Matrix, as well as making her ulti safer on herself so no more self-killing on "NERF DIS!"

McCree
    Spoiler:
    McCree - long ago, we had a McCree Nerf that basically neutered his ability to one shot people with Fan the Hammer. Now Blizzard went with a McCree buff in making him more viable at long range firefights by lessening the damage drop-off of his primary fire, but still making him deal less damage in EXTREMELY LONG ranges. I find this a good change overall as it makes McCree be able to deal with pesky things from a distance such as sniping out stray turrets, widows, and hanzos.

Zenyatta:
    Spoiler:

Basically HUGE buffs to Zenyatta, the squishiest character in the game, both statistically and in-context. Although his primary fire damage was nerfed a bit, his supportive abilities were bumped up, and the project speed of his attacks were greatly buffed, thus making him do more of his stuff faster. On and that ulti change.. dear lord that's huge.

And then I shall now Gush for at least 20 sentences on the Solder 76 nerf because i feel that this needs to be discussed in greater detail, and also for the less FPS shooting crowd to fully understand what the nerf means.

Soldier 76:
    Heavy Pulse Rifle
    • Spread recovery will begin after a short delay (rather than instantly)
    Tactical Visor
    • Ultimate cost increased by 10%

I will discuss on some detail on what Spread recovery is and why that change in bold font is quite the nerf. So Spread recovery.. basically when you fire a gun in a shooting game, more likely than not, there will be some shots that do not exactly land between the crosshairs. That's basically what spread is. Now given that Solder 76's damage is basically firing full auto on his foes at medium to short range or using short round bursts to not suffer from spread when fighting at a range, this addition of a delay in Spread recovery means that Soldier is going to suffer risks in the fire fights that he's going to get himself into. This means you have to be more incontrol of your short round bursts, thus slowing down your time-to-kill or your DPS.

This will basically make it harder for S76 players to do what they were intended to do, counter the likes of Pharah while playing an Assault Class and having the benefit of a full auto hit-scannery weapon.

But Xin, why are you so ticked off with a change like that? Because its a mechanics nerf that greatly changes how you'll have to play S76. I find this an unecessary change and doesn't really help with balancing the game. This is Riot level of bullsh*ttery that outdoes Riot even..

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    Thank you Blizzard for the D.Va Buff the new defence matrix is taking a little bit of time to get use to but i'm liking it and her ult is much better now.

Years
    So now that Ana is released to the public, how are people finding her? I am quite enjoying her kit and paired with someone such as Zenyatta it's a great combo.
    I think Ana is a ton of fun. Being able to heal and damage people with a sniper rifle is a really cool mechanic I think, similiar to the Crusader's Crossbow from TF2 which was another weapon I thought was really great and fun to use. Shutting down big threats with her sleep dart is very satisfying and I like that it has a small hitbox with long range giving it a higher skill ceiling. Her biotic grenade is fun to use and like sleep dart has a small hitbox (I've at least found it hard to hit people without landing it right next to them) and a long range. I also like the fact that her biotic grenades provide a counter to heavy healing comps and characters such as roadhog and soldier 76. I can imagine how satisfying it would be to biotic grenade a soldier 76 who's always hiding in his biotic field. Her ultimate is also a really cool ability and shakes up the meta, brings in new combos and is fun to use/play against so overall it's really good.

That being said, I'm skeptical about Ana's viability. I know she just came out and I don't know how to play her very well (nor was I ever very good with zenyatta, her most alike hero), but I was never a fan of the half damage half healing heroes. I feel like it's better to just have a hero who's really good at one thing, rather than ok at two things. I think the theory of people not physically being able to concentrate on two things at one time applies here. But maybe I'm wrong, the flexibility could be worth it.

Bottom line though, she's very fun to play and she has a very strong ultimate.

And then I shall now Gush for at least 20 sentences on the Solder 76 nerf because i feel that this needs to be discussed in greater detail, and also for the less FPS shooting crowd to fully understand what the nerf means.

Soldier 76:

I will discuss on some detail on what Spread recovery is and why that change in bold font is quite the nerf. So Spread recovery.. basically when you fire a gun in a shooting game, more likely than not, there will be some shots that do not exactly land between the crosshairs. That's basically what spread is. Now given that Solder 76's damage is basically firing full auto on his foes at medium to short range or using short round bursts to not suffer from spread when fighting at a range, this addition of a delay in Spread recovery means that Soldier is going to suffer risks in the fire fights that he's going to get himself into. This means you have to be more incontrol of your short round bursts, thus slowing down your time-to-kill or your DPS.

This will basically make it harder for S76 players to do what they were intended to do, counter the likes of Pharah while playing an Assault Class and having the benefit of a full auto hit-scannery weapon.

But Xin, why are you so ticked off with a change like that? Because its a mechanics nerf that greatly changes how you'll have to play S76. I find this an unecessary change and doesn't really help with balancing the game. This is Riot level of bullsh*ttery that outdoes Riot even..
    I think the reason this was done, unfortunately, is because people were able to use scripts/binds on their mouse to repeatedly input left click with a few ms delay which gave them 100% accuracy. Here's a reddit post here that is where I originally heard of it, and goes into more depth of how the exploit worked.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2017
    And there's Blizzard providing damage control by nerfing Soldier 76 instead of actually fixing their shooting mechanics. Good god when will they ever learn how to actually do proper nerfs and buffs. Anyway, this is their first foray into a shooter so i guess I can forgive their sorry asses.

Killua

I hate Ana, specially as a larg nitbox hero, in a movement game based being stunned for 1 second by McCree feels like an eternity, its even worse if she hits you while you are doing your ultimate, i propose a nerf so the sleep dart time is halved and it doesnt affect ultimates or at least it let you keep your ultimate gauge.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I am in complete agreement that McCree needed a bit of a buff. I thought it was alright at first, but then again he was useless in any match, quick play and competitively. High Noons were limited to one death, and shots were short range. I'm glad they were able to give an extension to his shot range and that his Deadeye was buffed a bit. At least he's neutral now.

I'm still trying to get used to D.Va's new defense matrix. I'm used to pressing "E" when I use it but now it's like I'm using Reinhardt's controls. What D.Va is missing is an alternative weapon like a cannon or a melee weapon that could be useful to block nearby opponents. I'm also very glad that I no longer get killed by my own self destruct sequence.

I'm trying to understand why Lucio got nerfed.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    I wonder if Blizzo's Overwatch team will ever add extra powerups into the game, like highly contested powerups like a Quad Damage rune. Hmm yeah. Quad Damage in overwatch ;3. It would have a very long spawn time, and it would be on a contested area in a map.

I can only imagine how orgasmic that sounds. Overwatch announcer lady announcer that "X has acquired the Quad Damage Rune!"

of course, they would need to create an entire new map to accommodate that kind of meta but I'm sure that Blizzo would do it, other than gutting characters as damage control for mechanics that people may exploit but not really (I'm talking to dat Soldier 76 nerf).

Random pleb who doesn't agree with the idea: But but but but Xin-sama, dis is ovurwatch, not Quake!? I don't think Blizzard will agree to th,,
    Me: IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK! I'M TALKING ABOUT EXTRA GAMEPLAY DYNAMICS TO KEEP THE GAME EVEN FRESHER AND MORE ORGASMIC AND BLOOD PUMPING. And also adding more meta games.

This was taken a couple of days (or some week or 2) ago but I still love the fact I do get games were I end up with people who are bigger thinkers than I am. Definitely the kind of games I have to be in since I love being with actually sensible players.
    Overwatch

Lijang Tower with this team comp though. 2 Reapers, 2 D.Vas, 1 Rein, and 1 Lucio. The enemy team had almost the same team comp but they had 1 less reaper and had a Genji and Mercy as well. Fights in Lijang Tower's contest point are pretty damn crazy.

And yeah I need to train harder.. the day will come when my hot new gaming rig arrives, which I'll play the f**k with along with DOOM 2016 and other manly vidya games.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    Honestly even if it was just a game mode i wouldn't really like to see power ups added in. Something i would like to see What i'd like to see is more options in matching making like the option to pick a certain map to find a game for, because that would mean that i never have to play Numbani again. Seriously i hate that map so much.

Back