• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Overwatch

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I actually didn't see a difference in McCree as I played him today. His bullets are still powerful. Just 3 shots and my enemies are dead. His ultimate is still too powerful.

it's bastion that needs to be nerfed

In response to Reinhardt, as a Reinhardt main myself, the biggest disadvantage he has is his health. He is at his weakest without his shield, and enemies can take him out quickly than any other tankers. Offenders like McCree and 76 can easily take him out in less than 3 shots without his shield. So it goes to show his armour is not too good.

In my case, I have to rely on a Healer/Supporter to get me through the battle sometimes.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    You guys have to forgive PeePee for acting out. He's more of a McCree and Widow main (to the point where he never switches mid-match because he's so good with both).

As for the McCree nerf. well he can still do around 45 x 6 = 270 points of damage, which is still enough to kill the likes of Tracer, Reaper, Genji should they be caught with his flashbang.

The funny thing, Torbjorn right now is the most dominant character on consoles (XBone/PS4).
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/insert...g-overwatch-on-ps4-and-xbox-one/#3bdd07521419

69% winrate boys.

Then again, i can't speak up for plebians i mean console players as a PC Stalwart.

Years
    I main Widowmaker on Xbox One, and depending on which site you go on, I have the second or third highest KD ratio in the entire world for Xbox.

I just wanted to say that Widowmaker is extremely overpowered (75% of health on bodyshot damage on all but tanks and bulkier heros, this is really a killer) and this is the only reason I have such a high KD in my opinion.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    31 eliminations in one game
    28 kill streak
    3 Play of the Games
    80% win rate.

All with Zarya today. Hot damn I found my spirit character.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    Man, I suck at Zarya. I feel like I've been doing steadily worse on a lot of characters since I started, and the only ones I'm really any good at now are Pharah and Reaper. :(

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    I've been playing as D.Va a lot recently, I definitely underestimated her usefulness before. Still can't ever get kills with her ult, but I'm at least good at clearing objectives with it.

Anyway, I'm angry, so there's a long rant ahead.

Spoiler:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I've been playing as D.Va a lot recently, I definitely underestimated her usefulness before. Still can't ever get kills with her ult, but I'm at least good at clearing objectives with it.

Have you tried using her L-Shift while in Ultimate mode? It's like throwing an active bomb towards a bunch of people. Guaranteed up to 5 kills and it allows you space to clear before your mech goes off.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    Have you tried using her L-Shift while in Ultimate mode? It's like throwing an active bomb towards a bunch of people. Guaranteed up to 5 kills and it allows you space to clear before your mech goes off.

I know about boosting the mech, but it still takes too long to detonate. Most I've gotten was three kills and a few turrets, and that was only because the two Torbjorns were the type who don't know at all how the game functions, and the bastion didn't move in time.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
    I can defo see Torbjorns ruining things for us console players. Between him, Bastion and Hanzo, if i play a string of 10 matches it's common for me to see one of these guys get play of the game...for such unimpressive plays.

Like take this match I was in. Playing singles, stuck with a team that didn't gel well. I switched to Reinhardt, started turning things in our favour. And still a freakin' Hanzo gets a play of the game for one kill with his dragon ult at the end.

Blizzard logic. lol.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    lol Zarya + Lucio is a GODLIKE combination. Can carry an a less than ideal team as long as the Zarya and Lucio are cooperating. I don't think I dropped a single game as Zarya with a Lucio helping me out.

You can hold out a good charge with Zarya for so long with a Lucio with you.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Yesterday I saw a Zenyatta get a POTG. It was actually a good play. So I guess it's a little rare to see a hero like him and Mei get POTG.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    Yesterday I saw a Zenyatta get a POTG. It was actually a good play. So I guess it's a little rare to see a hero like him and Mei get POTG.

I've seen one get a PotG that was a double kill and some healing in the same match I got a quadruple kill with Pharah's ult.

So that was neat.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    As for the Torb sentinments, while yes even us PC players have some trouble with him, especially in solo play because of lulz Yoloque mentality. I came to the point that I rather play against 3 Bastions than 2 Torbs, AND I WILL LIKE IT. Besides, its still fun killing Bastions all day.. if only I can rip out Bastion's own chaingun and use it against his own allies... >w<.

Also, i think i found my other new fave character other than Reaper, Solder and D.Va, Roadhog baby! Landing those hooks makes me feel like a First person Madlife (sorry for teh League terms). And Hoggy uses a double barreled Shotgun, and you all know how i feel about Double Barreled Shotguns in general (Love em to death). Hooking an enemy Mercy into my team is always a delicious sight to see. Kidnapping baby!

I finally got my copy of Overwatch and like a true Heroic Champion, I went Origins Edition as well, payed with a good part of my savings, which i can somehow recover within the following weeks (2495 Philippine Pesos, well spent). How was I playing some Overwatch for the past few days, well I go to a friend's place and he lets me play his account for a few quick matches while he's having his lovey dovey moments with his girlfriend. Inb4Boosting. Nah, its not really boosting if I get my fair share of losses while trying to rack up some wins.

I forgot to reinstall my Bnet client so i might as well do that right at this very instance so that I can register my product code, and finally play on my own accord.

Oh and important question. I guess some of you already know that Blizzo plans to buff D.Va after the balance changes they have done to McCree and Widow. They plan to either buff her damage output or her survivability. Which do you think is more likely the D.Va buff they would go for? Personally, i would love for them to buff up her damage a bit so that she's a little more threatening. I've already accepted the fact that D.Va IS NOT A TANK (even though she's listed under such).

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    A damage boost for D.Va would be nice, but the way they had her right now was fine with me, as I was able to maneuver her. My main concern was her ultimate though, as she has a higher chance of dying if she gets close to her mech when it self-destructs. I do feel they could buff her up a bit when she's not in her mech, as she has a higher risk of being eliminated.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Toblerone is having his turret patched to do 30% less damage on consoles only.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    I definitely have found my roles in Reaper and Soldier 76..

We had a game were half of our team was being raped by a Winston that was just rampaging through our team, and I was like, "F**K IT!" i switched to reaper and murdered the monkey everytime I saw him. Same went to the Reinhardt that was also causing havoc to our team. I forgot what map we were at, but oh my god, playing Reaper and finding all of the flanks and spanks felt so satisfying.

Then A soldier 76 game were we had to defend the payload... I actually went lone wolf rambo multiple times.

Of course, all of these shenanigans are going to be far far less when i play against even better opponents. I queued with a much higher level'd friend since he plays in NA..

Now i need to find other heroes to play as.. I can't just keep stickinjg to Reaper and S76 and being the lone asshole who sticks to that champ just so that I can be the team's damage dealer and hard carry >__< I don't want to stress myself out.

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
    Years
    I have been really enjoying this game so far and my friends have joined the bandwagon; we're having a blast! However, a few quips.....

Reinhardt: WTF at this guy man. A shield wide enough for most of your party with 2000HP that allows your team to fire through it. This makes Attacking objectives so easy it is insane and then if teamfights get a bit crazy he can just Charge to break it up. Absolutely ridiculous guy to deal with.
    Reinhardt isn't difficult to deal with. He balances it out if anything. Any backline hero can take him.

Bastion: Massive damage output and accuracy at the 'cost' of no movement. The no movement thing isn't even an issue anyway, when Bastion can just snipe you! Makes defending the last point ridiculous, normally end up facing 2/3 of these at the end just shredding teams apart. PLS nerf his minigun accuracy.....
    Play Genji or Pharah.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    I think I've found some new characters to play as more often.

Pharah = Yep. I've played a bit of Pharah and I've been playing her more often mainly as a means of providing artillery fire.

Lucio = when the whole "no support" tag shows up and no one wants to play support, which is very common at my current low account level play T_T. And he's pretty fun.

Junkrat = I've been having soo much with with Junkrat especially on certain maps where his lobbed bombs provide so much long range zoning.

McCree = big shocker? Post nerf McCree isn't as "free winnery" as he is today but for some reason, I really do enjoy his ability to still one shot squishies as well as do things that Reaper can't such as actually dealing damage over long distances.

Back