• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Overwatch

Years
    Does the Origins Edition cost more on PC or something? On console it seems like the Origins Edition is the standard edition.

I like using Zenyatta as a support, he packs a punch so you're not just healing all the time. I want to unlock his Ra skin because it looks awesome.

Giggleswee

[Screaming in emoji]
    Years
    Does the Origins Edition cost more on PC or something? On console it seems like the Origins Edition is the standard edition.

I like using Zenyatta as a support, he packs a punch so you're not just healing all the time. I want to unlock his Ra skin because it looks awesome.

I can't really get good with zenyatta because he requires so much aimmmmmmm and he dies really fast too.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years

If you plan to buy the digital version of the game, I recommend you buying the standard version, which costs around $40. The Origins Edition (sold both digitally and physically in stores) just gives you extras such as character skins. It's basically a small upgrade for $20 more.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Installed the game on my XBOX One. Can't wait to dig in tomorrow morning.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
    I love living in Australia.
    Here, you can only purchase the Origins or Collector's Edition. Not only that, but it is also slightly more expensive here. You can choose to buy the Standard edition from Blizzard, but it would cost $11 USD more than if I was buying it from the US. Considering it's an online store and Blizzard doesn't need to ship it or anything, I don't know why I have to pay a week's worth of lunch money extra to buy the same thing (sigh). I'll see you guys around when it goes on sale here XD

Years
    If you plan to buy the digital version of the game, I recommend you buying the standard version, which costs around $40. The Origins Edition (sold both digitally and physically in stores) just gives you extras such as character skins. It's basically a small upgrade for $20 more.

That's interesting, the Origins edition seems to be the only physical choice here and it costs the same as a standard game would. I wonder how they decided it should cost so much more digitally. I agree that the Origins edition skins are definitely worth passing on though.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    This game is a blast. Best FPS I have played since MW2.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    It's a lot of fun; just a shame its reward system is pretty lame. It lacks depth for me, despite popular opinion. There's not many game modes, no weapon customisation or upgrades as you level up, no real incentive to level up. The play of the game feature is broken but I can understand how hard it is for a computer to compare subjective play of the games. I dunno, it's fun, but it has many overt flaws.

Despite my avatar, I usually main Reaper, Widowmaker and Mei. Mei is super useful for delaying the opposing team from reaching or taking an objective, and Widowmaker is great for harassing players from afar. Reaper is just great for wreaking havoc and racking in kills haha.

Giggleswee

[Screaming in emoji]
    Years
    It's a lot of fun; just a shame its reward system is pretty lame. It lacks depth for me, despite popular opinion. There's not many game modes, no weapon customisation or upgrades as you level up, no real incentive to level up. The play of the game feature is broken but I can understand how hard it is for a computer to compare subjective play of the games. I dunno, it's fun, but it has many overt flaws.

Despite my avatar, I usually main Reaper, Widowmaker and Mei. Mei is super useful for delaying the opposing team from reaching or taking an objective, and Widowmaker is great for harassing players from afar. Reaper is just great for wreaking havoc and racking in kills haha.

The current motivation to level up is to get loot boxes so you have a chance at those juicy legendary skins. Ranked is coming out in june which you need to be level 25 for so I hope you're ready for that!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    I'm only level 21 at the moment, but I'm sure I'll reach 25 soonish.

And the thing with the loot boxes is that more often than not the rewards are lame. Sprays are useless, voice lines are somewhat better and really all nor that far from sprays. I'd rather rewards that actually have an impact on the game, or at least are better than images you stick somewhere that do nothing.

Giggleswee

[Screaming in emoji]
    Years
    That's not really how competitive games tend to work >.<

Though, epic skins change your weapon appearance colors to a new scheme and legendaries change your ult appearance and change your weapon structure

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I can't wait for them to add a hero with a flamethrower, just to really send the TF2 comparisons through the roof. :P

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    I want blizzo to add a hero that uses a double barreled shotgun that deals massive amounts of damage (20 Pellets x Each Pellet dealing around 5-25 damage = for a total of 100-250 damage provided that every pellet hits), an execution skill (Basically at a certain HP threshold, Instantly kills an opponent with a glorious animation of the hero punching or beating down the opponent, and being invulnerable throughout the animation) and his ulti being a "Berserker mode" (Gains every steroid imaginable, super speed, super strength, greatly increased damage resistance at the cost of just fighting with bare fists = GUNS ARE FOR WUSSES!) and call the hero "Arnold", who's a crazy, hyper masculine Austrian Californian maniac.

TIME FOR MORE RAGE!

Oh look, GAMESPOT generating hate! HATE! RAGE! ALWAYS WITH THE RAGE!

TotalBiscuit has fired bars on Gamespot regarding this comparison video as well. I'll look it up.

Time for some Overwatch Drama to rip and tear each others' opinions a new asshole! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I want blizzo to add a hero that uses a double barreled shotgun that deals massive amounts of damage (20 Pellets x Each Pellet dealing around 5-25 damage = for a total of 100-250 damage provided that every pellet hits), an execution skill (Basically at a certain HP threshold, Instantly kills an opponent with a glorious animation of the hero punching or beating down the opponent, and being invulnerable throughout the animation) and his ulti being a "Berserker mode" (Gains every steroid imaginable, super speed, super strength, greatly increased damage resistance at the cost of just fighting with bare fists = GUNS ARE FOR WUSSES!) and call the hero "Arnold", who's a crazy, hyper masculine Austrian Californian maniac.

So Reaper with Winston's ult and an execution skill? ;)

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    So Reaper with Winston's ult and an execution skill? ;)

Unlike Reaper whose shotguns do not pack enough punch to be considered a real shotgun murder champion, my hero idea is only limited to one huge burst per click, like how firing a Double Barreled Shotgun is.. 2 Shells, but one trigger fires both shells, so it has to be reloaded, but the damage output is massive, as I already stated. (20 Pellets x Each Pellet dealing around 5-25 damage = for a total of 100-250 damage provided that every pellet hits). Yes, he can basically one shot almost every non tank hero in the game with a 250 Damage burst. provided that every pellet hits of course ;) Its totally balanced because he has to be close, and as I mentioned before, he has to reload after a shot. Think Doom and the Super shotgun ;)

Also, I don't think Blizzo's going to have some issues with similar working ultis. I mean Solder 76 and McCree have somewhat similar ultis in concept and use, as well as Hanzo and Genji who both throw dragons that deal massive damage. Its the regular skills that differentiate the heroes.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    This is such a fantastic game. Topping my game of the year list for sure.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
    I'm having a blast playing this! I showed it to some friends and the very next day they both went out and bought it haha. It's cool playing as a team. We can give out about Bastions and Hanzu's together!

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Alright... throwing this down:

how do you guys feel about the McCree and Widowmaker nerfs? Do you think that its healthier for the current state of the game or was those nerfs way too harsh?

in case people do not know:

Please note that many of these changes will be rolled into a larger patch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One at a later date.

HERO BALANCE CHANGES

McCree
    • Peacekeeper
    • Alternate Fire
    • Recovery time (i.e. the amount of time before McCree starts reloading) decreased from 0.75 seconds to 0.3 seconds
    • Bullet damage decreased from 70 to 45

Developer Comments: McCree was performing too well against all targets, making him feel like a must-pick in many situations. By reducing the damage of his alternate fire, McCree is now significantly weaker against tanks like Roadhog and Reinhardt, but still maintains his lethality against smaller targets like Tracer and Genji.

Widowmaker
    Widow's Kiss
    • Alternate Fire (Scoped Shot)
    • Base damage decreased from 15 to 12
    • Note: Scoped shot damage multiplier remains unchanged
    • Headshot damage multiplier increased from 2x to 2.5x
    • Players must now wait for the unscoping animation to completely finish before scoping

Infra-Sight
    Ultimate cost increased by 10%

Developer Comments: In the right hands, Widowmaker can often feel unstoppable—even when just landing body shots instead of critical heads shots. The changes to her alternate fire weaken body shot damage while leaving her headshot damage unchanged. Additionally, we felt her Ultimate ability, Infra-Sight, was coming up a little too frequently, especially considering its impact on the game.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Gameinformer gives overwatch a 10/10 which is absolutly amazing. I have never seen a 10/10 game in my life, so I now want to get this.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2017
    So nobody's replying to Xin's question regarding the McCree and Widowmaker Nerfs eh? Too busy having fun people? Oh well i might as well say my own thoughts..

- As the usual, Blizzard doing the same sh*t Riot does with their clown fiesta of a game. Pandering to the salty and crying eyes of noobs who do not know how to deal with McCree just because he can insta-kill even the beefiest of heroes by unloading an entire clip. The Fan the Hammer mega nerf not only means that McCree can no longer instagib tanks, he's also going to have a harder time dueling others because of that silly silly nerf. Good job Blizzard.

- As for the Widowmaker nerfs, again, good job Blizzard. Pandering to people who can't play against Widow. And to you Bastion mains out there, better enjoy once again taking every play of the damn game with your "so skilled turret spam" while you enjoy the incompetence of people who can't even play Widow, Hanzo, or even Genji to save their skins.

Back