• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pain Relief

Years
    Hey guys, my doctor told me that I should cut down on Tylenol/Advil as they affect the stomach/liver. Can you reccommend your favourite pain relief methods?

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
    Well... most painkillers, not just Tylenol/Advil, can affect the stomach/liver, so I will skip over the pills.

Aside from painkillers, my favourite pain relief method is heat and/or ice packs. You have to be very careful that they're not too hot or too cold, and always wrap them in a towel before putting them on your skin, but they're a lifesaver. My favourite kind of heat packs are seed-based heating pads - just one minute and a half or two minutes in the microwave, and done!

Moving around can also help. I'm not saying that you should work out if you're in pain, but don't stay still for too long lest it get worse. I'd advise that you go to a kinesiologist and see what they tell you to do. You can also Google specific exercises to help you handle pain - at your own discretion, and always consulting with your doctor.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I was eating painkillers like candy after my car accident in late 2019 (left me with a herniated disc in the c5-c6 level of my spine). I stopped taking them because of the aforementioned side effects. My favorite pain relief methods are heating pads, ice packs, and physical therapy. The latter hurt like a bee, but after a few sessions, I saw results (such as increased range of motion with my neck).

You have to find a balance between resting what's injured, but also using/strengthening it without causing further injury. It's best to seek professional help if possible.

Commander Saturn

Information Broker
    Years
    BC Powder works, but of course it's terrible on the stomach being 500mg of aspirin. When I used it many moons ago, it gave me ulcers. These days I don't have pain that I can tell, rather the older I get the less pain I have. Heating pads are a nice comfort when used in moderation; heat theraphy has nice benefits in general.
    I would recommend looking into reflexology if you want to try something more natural and away from pills. Wishing you all of the best in hopes that you can find something that helps you with haste.

Back