• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pal Park

Years
  • Diamond and Pearl allowed us to migrate our Pokemon from our 3rd Generation games, the first games allowing us to do so, if you don't count the Time Capsule in GSC. So, what did you think of Pal Park, did you like the feature? Or did you think it should have been easier to migrate your Pokemon (ie, not having to find them)?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I liked the Pal Park feature, to be honest, when D/P was first announced, I was wondering how we would get our Pokemon from the 3rd generation game's. However, now I wish they had used the Pokeshifter way instead of the Pal Park way, catching them with a Bow & Pokeball? XD Was a lot easier than hunting for hour's trying to find them again. I spent ages trying to find Mewtwo... :x

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I liked Pal Park; it gave me ways of getting the older Pokemon in Gen III on to the Gen IV games without resorting to catching them on the game itself. More importantly, it let me get the other regional starters over.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Pal Park is pretty decent imo - maybe a bit tedious if you don't know where to find a specific Pokemon you have sent over (forest or plain aaaaa)... although a quick visit to the internet to check that fact usually solves the problem. =p And it was certainly good to hear that it was in the game prior to the Japanese release for many, given people were not sure if it'd be in or not after the lack of connectivity between 2nd and 3rd gen. Certainly better than nothing!

One complaint was the whole 6-Pokemon-a-day limit however... but at least it was removed in later games in HGSS.

Years
  • I wish it would allow transfers the other way when compatible. I am also unhappy that they don't preserve Trainer Memos. The "recapture" game is extraneous but not a big deal.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • It beats the Poke Transfer in that its minigame is somewhat better and you can transfer held items in Pal Park.

Still not too happy about not being able to send them back though.

Koi

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    I liked Pal Park, but I personally think Time Capsule was better.

SuperSaiyanII

Cool Story Bro!!
    Years
  • I liked Pal Park, but I personally think Time Capsule was better.

Yeah I think time capsule from g/s/c was better than both Pal Park and Poke Shifter. I like Pal Park because it gets straight to the point when it comes to actually catching the Pokemon. I'd rather just go into Pal Park and catch my Pokemon than play some mini game that I failed miserably at the first few times I played it in BW. Don't get me wrong, I do like both of the features but Pal Park just beats out Poke Shifter imo.

Years
  • I loved Pal Park. It was pretty fun. The only thing that annoyed me was how long it took me sometimes to find that last pokemon.

o3o

Years
  • I prefer Pal Park over Poké Transfer, because it was tedious having to play that silly little minigame and not being able to transfer items. -_-; I think it would've been better just to migrate them, instead of having to go and look for them, but meh. It's not a big deal. xD;;

Years
  • Based on what I read about the PokéTransfer, I would prefer the Pal Park. The reason is that it appears to be easier to capture the Pokémon and you can transfer items.

Pingouin_7

Trust me, it took me about 1-2 days to transfer about 10 boxes of Pokémon from Emerald to HeartGold.
    Then it took about an hour to transfer all of those to Black with the Pokétransfer.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I find it easier to transfer Pokemon then in B/w via the Poketransfer, because all you have to do is go in grass and capture them with the Park Balls. Pretty easy feature, and I like it.

.Marion

RNG Master
    Years
  • I don't have any issues with Pal park but I don't want the feature where you can only transfer 6 pokemons at a time.. Its annoying as hell.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • At first I didn't have a problem with the Pal Park feature but after days going by, I found it way too annoying. I would run out of time and patients and before you know it, I made my friend do the Pal Park for me

:t354:TG

CyberBlaziken

huh? whaaaaat?
    Years
  • Pal Park was awesome. It was fun to search for the Pokemon and catch them.
    It was a bit annoying in D/P/Pt but better in HG/SS. And not to mention you could make Pokemon hold Items >.>

Pal Park>Poke Shifter/Transfer

Back