• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Parlez-vous Français?

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Well, aside from my native language (English), I know a fair amount of French, and a tiny amount of Spanish, so the other 2 languages I would learn are Croatian and Japanese.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Well I speak English, and I speak a lot of French. I wouldn't count myself as out of luck though, since I can use this to perfect my very rusty French skills and even if I didn't speak a word of French I would have chosen French anyway!

So for the other three languages I'd go with Latin (it's a dead language but I really don't care, it's what all the awesome magical incantations are in), Spanish (spoken in tons of different places, I could live in Spain or Mexico!) and Russian. European languages have always interested me the most. I don't really have an interest in any Asian languages, I'm a huge fan of our alphabet.

Years
  • I'm already fluent in English and Russian, so that leaves me with only three more choices! Definitely pretty hard, but I 100% know I'd go with both Japanese and German, leaving just one more decision.

Not sure what that final language will be, buut I'm leaning towards French.. lovely language despite how much I work to get a good grade in my French courses, haha. /nightmares

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • I would chose English, Japanese, German, French and Italian. I already know English and a bit of German, Japanese would be good to know for video game and other purposes and French and Italian because I just had to think of another two.

Mononoke Hime

viva emptiness
    Years
  • Français, Deutsch, 日本人, ελληνικά, Latine.

These are the main languages I feel like I want to learn and that I could dedicate myself into really learning.
    There are others but I don't think I would be that excited as with the ones above.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Since I am fluent in both English and Spanish, I would love to learn Italian because some words are close to Spanish and I love the Italians for making lasagna, Japanese because I love the Japanese culture and of course the anime and Chinese because I am always in Chinatown, New York with friends.

:t354:TG

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I speak English fluently and French passably. I'm in the midst of learning Japanese so I'll assume it gets boosted up to fluency as well.

So for my last two languages... I'd go for Mandarin Chinese for sure. It's going to be a useful language in the future and I'm a little scared of learning it myself so insta-fluency would be pretty nice! I'm not sure what to pick last though. D: Maybe Russian or Arabic since it's very different from the others (I think?). I feel like knowing what I know would be sort of helpful in picking up other languages the traditional way, so I'd rather learn something very different instead of "wasting" instant fluency on something like Spanish which I imagine wouldn't be all that hard to pick up from French. (I understand a lot of what I see as it is. :s)

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • English, French, Japanese, Spanish and Mandarin.

I don't actually care about Mandarin all that much, but the others I genuinely would like to become partially fluent in. Apart from English, of which I'm hopefully fluent, even if I'm learning new words every day! With regards to Mandarin, I just assume it'll become more and more important what with the growing dominance of China and all...

outfox

in
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2013
    I'd like to refine my Spanish skills. And since I'm going to India next year, I might as well pick Hindi, would save a lot of trouble.

von Weltschmerz

the first born unicorn
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    I would skip this instant business and just learn it myself. Learning a language is not hard--you just have to dissect the words and see how the pieces fit together. This way, I could learn as many languages as it pleased me.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Alongside my knowledge of English, probably Spanish, French, German and Mandarin. I want to know at least one Chinese language, I tried - and failed - to learn German years ago, and Spanish and French, I assume, are pretty need-to-know if I want to be able to socialize on an international level.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • English, Mandarin, German, Japanese, and some basic Russian and some Korean. (in order from most to least)

Oh and basic Finnish, Swedish (so naturally Norwegian), tried learning Scottish/Irish, and French and Spanish just happens in California so I know some basics. and polish

Yuck

Edit: okayyyy so my choices are bolded lol I suck

Catalyst.

Nothing of significance
    Years
  • I'm fluent in English and French, so that leaves three.. Japanese, Swedish, and Cantonese.
    The first for cultural reasons. The second because I have a strange obsession with all things Swedish. The third because nobody has said it yet and I want to be different. :P

Last edited:
    Back