• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Parlez-vous Français?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Let's pretend that you were granted the ability to learn any language in the world instantly.

The only catch is, you're limited to five (in addition to the ones that you already know fluently) languages. So if you know English and Spanish, you're out of luck because you only get to instantly learn three other languages.

What languages would you choose?

Years
    English, Japanese, Singhalese, American Dutch and I'm not sure on the last one. I'll wait for someone else to post a good idea and then I'll nab that and edit it in here. Dude, you should allow me to put all computer programming languages as the last one lmao!

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
    Years
    English, Spanish, French, Japanese, and my own cultural language. They're the most important for me and I HAVE to know 3 of these languages that I don't completely know rather than English and Spanish. I take a French C.P class and I need Japanese and my culture's language to understand.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    English, French, Spanish, Japanese, and Norwegian!

English needs no explanation, I'm semi-fluent in French already, I'd like to know Spanish to be able to talk to my boyfriend's family a little more, I like Japanese, and I like how Norwegian sounds.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Japanese, Spanish and I dont know what other language. Im interested in Japan and it's culture so learning Japanese would be a nice experience and Spanish is a useful language, so Id like to become fluent. I already know English obviously. I cant think of what the last one would be though.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    I speak English and Spanish, so down to three? hmmm, I would love -

• I would choose the following Swahili, Kirundi and Kinyarwanda - really love this region of Africa (between Uganda, Burundi, Rwanda, Tanzania, Kenya, and South Sudan - Uganda and South Sudan language is English), its the #1 place in the world I would love to visit.

wish I could go more, I really love Japanese language, I'm currently learning it

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I know English (obviously) and some Spanish, along with a tiny amount of French.
    The only other language I'd like to learn is German because it's where both sides of my family are from.

Unless learning how to understand animals counts. Because that would be pretty awesome, to be able to converse with my snake. <3

Years
    English I know. Japanese I've studied a fair amount. French, actually, no, let's skip French. Mongolian is crazy looking and sounds interesting. Finnish would be fun, too. And... I dunno. Mandarin, maybe. It'd be useful.

Years
    I speak English and Irish fluently. I'm half fluent in German and I'm learning Fremch but I'm not a fan :P

Mine would be:
    English
    Irish
    German
    Japanese
    Russian

...yeah!

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
    English, because I speak it like a boss, French, because I'm taking it in school and wouldn't mind that class being a lot easier, and just for the heck of it Spanish, Japanese, and Italian.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
    Years
    I already know English, Spanish, a little French and if it counts I can speak Binary.

So
    English
    Spanish
    French
    Binary or Italian
    and Animal or German.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Japanese, French, Italian, and... Sumerian I guess. There aren't really any others that I REALLY want to know, so why not go with the oldest known language. lol

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Since I know both English and Spanish, AND and a little Italian, I would add that I'd love to learn Japanese, Russian, and French. (if I don't fully learn Italian, then French would be a good language for me to learn lol)

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    English, Filipino, French, Russian, and Korean.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    i know English and Hindi (my mother tongue)
    i would like to learn French,German and Japanese

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I'd choose Tagalog (it's my native language), Spanish (I really want to get good at it for school) and Japanese (it seems like an interesting language for me to learn).

Years
    I already know English and a fair amount of French, but for my other three, I think I'd choose Korean, Mandarin and Russian. The first two are just because a lot of people that live in my area speak these two languages, so it would be handy to learn them. My other choice was a toss-up between German and Russian, but I think it'd be fun to learn more about the Cyrillic alphabet rather than German, which has basically the same alphabet as English.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Let's see...
    • Would like to relearn my native language, Français.
    • English
    • Spanish
    • Mandarin
    • Italian

The first four I think would be essential in the modern world, but the Italian language has always been a favorite of mine.

Last edited:
    Back