• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen "Partner" Pokemon Information

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Oh.My.God. When i get SoulSilver or HeartGold i'm gonna take the Moltres this hacker traded me, and go Surfing. Mwahahaha!!!!

Do flying types hate caves??(no room to move)

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    Dang, I wasn't expecting anything like that! The amount of detail put into these games seems amazing from what I've heard so far!

It seems they've really thought about each type of Pokemon. I mean... Wow.

xX

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    I can't remember but I think Fearow had that sad/annoyed face when I was in a cave so maybe..

also Rock/Ground types also hate Rain

and Moltres won't hate you if you go surfing, since it doesn't follow you when you surf.

There is also a Poison status/icon when they get poisoned. Frozen pokemon will have that same sad/annoyed face with the curly eyebrow thing

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    I would've thought it would've been a bit tricky for a Frozen pokemon to follow you, so it wouldn't come out. Lol at the thought of pulling a Pokemon trapped in ice behind you.

Got to explore a bit more with the options, but yes, as suggested before. They really did a darn lot with this feature. To think I haven't really ssen anywhere give this enough detail in English.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Hopefully we don't get a simplified version over here, otherwise i bet i won't be the only angry one.

But wow, way better than i expected, by the sounds of things.i thought you'd have silly things like Dugtrio following you over the sea.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Tried doing that now with transferral from Platinium.

End result: Latias seems over joyed to be in a new region after transfer, Latios and Darkrai hate me, Cresellia and Shaymin seem scared of the new region and Lucario couldn't care less, he just gave the ... look.
    So, it seems they even took another step further than originally thought. Seeing as it ranges from Pokémon to Pokémon, place to place it not only complexes the feature, but it gives it variety within as well. Not to mention, it brings in the realistic idea for each type of Pokémon such as Grass being upset within a cold area.

Hopefully we don't get a simplified version over here, otherwise i bet i won't be the only angry one.
    I wouldn't expect a simplier version of this feature with the English release. Other than translation, nothing will be altered with the features of the GSDS remakes. That is with the exception of the Game Corner for the European version.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I wouldn't expect a simplier version of this feature with the English release. Other than translation, nothing will be altered with the features of the GSDS remakes. That is with the exception of the Game Corner for the European version.
    Yeah, all they would have to do is translate it and all - otherwise the same system will remain. They'd actually have to do work and all to remove coding and make it simplier, and they don't really change much at all (unless as mentioned it's against the laws and requires the censoring of the game corner slot games in Europe, as in Platinum. >_<) But Pokemon talking to you should be fine. =)

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    OK, A few more intresting little things I found:

On Route 47/48: Latios and Latias were more intrested in looking North, presumably because of the Safari Zone (? bubble with Japanese text starting with ?.), but I'm pretty sure that from up there, the view would be pretty awesome facing away.

Land Shaymin seemed to be terrified when crossing the cliff bridges (Gives of the ! bubble and shakes like mad) yet Sky Shaymin looked delighted (maybe that its reaction to me, I don't really know)

As for more "normal" Pokemon, none of them seemed to be scared of Morty's Gym, Umbereon doesn't seem to be scared of Chuck at all and I think I'm getting a few weird reactions of them while in the Safari Zone.

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
    My Cyndaquil was startled by sound of the bunches of grass.

My Metapod was somehow following me.

My Metapod had a happy look on its face (after I caught Mareep)

I'll have to start keeping a record. It's really neat to see all the different results.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    all this sounds awesome. i can't wait to play hg.

has anyone else wondered how it would look with a wailord following you? XD

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Yes, I too have notice the strange amount of emotions and odd times that they will use them. I love it though. My Roserade is usually happy with me though.

I too have noticed the unusal amount of emotions they display and odd times that they do. I love it though, especually since my Roserade usually lets me know its happy.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    Speaking of Gyms again. Bryce this time.

Pidgeot didn't seem to have any disatisfaction; Lapras seemed to be loving it; but Skymin gave me a brand new emotion, it clearly did not want to be there, despite beating two Swinubs without any HP loss.

Something even more curious now.

Standing next to Lambda, Feralgatr gets very angry, while standing a few squares away, he seems fine. Reactions based on the person you're next to?

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Standing next to Lambda, Feralgatr gets very angry, while standing a few squares away, he seems fine. Reactions based on the person you're next to?
    It has been shown many times that your partner Pokémon outside never approves of Team Rocket. When in their base, your Pokémon signals a sign of anger at times, not against you, but because they disapprove of Team Rocket. It's like they know what they are up to, giving more of a visual relationship between you the player and your Pokémon in the game as well as to others. Really cool I think, and a large leap since the following feature with Pikachu in Pokémon Yellow.

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years
    4/ *names of your pokemon* is very healthy (the in-game text says "genki" but I can't come up with a better vocabulary...)
    I think genki can mean doing fine or well...
    So, "Cyndaquil is doing fine" might be accurate... I don't have the Japanese text in front of me so I can't say for sure. I can read hiragana and katakana literally, but I'm still learning the vocabulary... And obviously I wrote Cyndaquil but it can be replaced with any Pokemon you have.

My Snorlax was following me once, and I took it into the elevator in the department store. It didn't even break!

Rai-chan

DINOSAURSMASH!!
    Years
    I actually have been wanting The Pokemon fellers in Japan to do this eventually, even complaining about it to my friends. They finally did it though... I can't wait to see how much my pokemon hate me!! (or love, which is preferable)

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    Well there's an idea. Hate. Is a lot harder to be hated in the Pokemon games. I'll give it a go to see reactions. Question is, which one?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Well there's an idea. Hate. Is a lot harder to be hated in the Pokemon games. I'll give it a go to see reactions. Question is, which one?
    There are a variety of Pokémon in which you can test it upon. Although, your best bet is to go with a newly traded Pokémon or a newly captured Pokémon, because those you have and use for long period of time has already grown attached with you. My suggestion is to perhaps try out the feelings you get from each of the types of Pokémon; you never know if it'll vary upon such a factor.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Traded Pokémon have neutral happiness, actually. However, most legendaries hate you when captured; try a newly captured Lugia/Ho-oh/Mewtwo or something.

Back