• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Patch 1.3 Details

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Y'all know that patch we had to download the other day? Remember how Nintendo failed to tell us what exactly the patch did? Well it seems today that they revealed what exactly the patch did:

Bulbapedia said:
    The first fix in this new update is one regarding the Poké Ball animations of Pokémon sent out in battle. Previously, when a Pokémon was sent out in battle in a Great Ball, Ultra Ball, Dusk Ball, Timer Ball, Repeat Ball, Net Ball, Nest Ball, Heal Ball, Luxury Ball, or Premier Ball, an animation would play while the Pokémon was released from it, but not on the first Pokémon sent out in battle. This has been fixed, and now the animation will play for the first Pokémon sent out in battle.
    The cheat detection system in the game's online activities has also been enhanced, making more Pokémon hacked using external devices unusable in the PSS than before. It is currently unknown exactly what hacked Pokémon are unusable, but it is evident that the cheat detection is much more accurate than it previously was.
    The update also fixes a bug where the sprite for Vivillon would not show up properly in the Friend Safari menu.
    https://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_X_and_Y_receive_new_software_patch

I can't say I noticed the PokeBall animation issue. And now I gotta check and see if I can use my Pokegenned Hydreigon online....

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • Actually the update I received had a list of fixes/updates for the release.

Anyhow, I am not very fond of hacked Pokemon, so I don't really mind.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2015
    The update also fixes a bug where the sprite for Vivillon would not show up properly in the Friend Safari menu.

Oh, that's explains why I couldn't see it before...

ShadowEdge

Pokemon Master!
    Years
  • Thanks for the explanation! I seriously had no idea why they updated X and Y at first I thought they changed there minds and made trading new mega evolutions over to X and Y from Ruby and Sapphire.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Why's that? You'd still have to download the patches regardless, right?

I don't know, it feels strange to have a patch to a physical copy stored in your SD card... The 3DS isn't a PC, so the game content isn't stored in a hypothetical 3DS hard drive, but within the cart, and can't be modified.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It's nice to see that they're making themselves more secure in regards to hacked Pokémon. As for Poké Ball animation issue, I don't believe that it's precisely a huge deal, per se, but like almost everyone else here, I haven't noticed it, either. It's good they've fixed, though!

Would be nice if they could release another patch at some point in future, which would make all ORAS mega-evolution available in X and Y, haha.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • It wouldn't really matter. When games load, it checks for any installed patches. If it finds them, it loads the patch files in place of the game's own files. If the patches don't exist (ie, you delete them), it falls back to the game's files. Even if you download the game from the eShop, you'll still need to download the patches.

I understand what you're saying, but let me explain.

A PC game is installed on the computer and any patches modify the installation contents. A 3DS game isn't installed, it's just loaded. So a patch makes a call to load patched files instead of the files in the ROM.

It feels strange to me because, if you put the game cart in another 3DS without the patch, the game will load as if it was in its original state. And, as we know, Pokémon X and Y had game breaking glitches when they were released. IMO this is a problem, and a reason why the patching system doesn't suit game carts.

I thought in digital copies the actual ROM was modified, but it seems that's not the case. :P Still, to me it's better to have everything in one place (an SD card).

ShadowEdge

Pokemon Master!
    Years
  • It's nice to see that they're making themselves more secure in regards to hacked Pokémon. As for Poké Ball animation issue, I don't believe that it's precisely a huge deal, per se, but like almost everyone else here, I haven't noticed it, either. It's good they've fixed, though!

Would be nice if they could release another patch at some point in future, which would make all ORAS mega-evolution available in X and Y, haha.
    I think we all hope for a patch :) PLEASE GF!!

Years
  • Hm...I've heard somewhere that the patch made it harder to clone Pokemon. Me and my friend last night were finally able to get together and try out cloning for the first time, and we tried different methods for an hour before we finally gave up. ;~; Is it true, though?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I would love it if they did that, but they've already said that they won't be doing that, unfortunately.
    Frankly, I think the Megas is a data issue within the cartridges. While it's possible to require updates before seeing online activities, there are numerous cases where it's possible to have data available using the new Megas with a non-updated game, and I think they are trying to minimize that.

Frankly, I just say patch it, but maybe there is a technical limitation for non-digital copies.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Wow thanks for explaining. I never even knew about the pokeball animation issue. Also with the Oras Megas i doubt they will ever implement them they may do that with future games but they release new pokemon because it gives incentive to players to buy the new games so most likely no. It took like an hour to update i wonder just how bug these issues were.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Wow thanks for explaining. I never even knew about the pokeball animation issue. Also with the Oras Megas i doubt they will ever implement them they may do that with future games but they release new pokemon because it gives incentive to players to buy the new games so most likely no. It took like an hour to update i wonder just how bug these issues were.
    This patch took an hour? Must be your Internet; I updated both in a matter of minutes.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • This patch took an hour? Must be your Internet; I updated both in a matter of minutes.

Really? It cant be my internet b/c three people i know it took longer for them. Weird

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • Really? It cant be my internet b/c three people i know it took longer for them. Weird

It's a very small file. It took 4-5min for me, and that's with other people in the house using the WiFi.

So I concur with Cyclone about the Internet issue.

Back