• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event: Path to Becoming a Champion!

Years
  • round 10

time for the last round!! gonna post some headscratchers c:

trivia

This Pokemon can expel high pressure steam from its body.

riddle

each tail looms
    loaded with power
    each tails hungers
    checking for its prey of the hour

the tale is as told
    i dont need to repeat it twice
    vicious pain awaits those who are struck within its hold
    i wonder if i've gotten the point across that perhaps this is not so nice?

remember reader, i have one but one piece of advice
    each and every time heed this warning, for if i were you, i wouldn't roll the dice. (Pokemon)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    ...Only one Pokemon with a completely unique typing? Sees quite a few: Diggersby (Normal/Ground), Bibarel (Normal/Water), Drampa (Normal/Dragon), Marshadow (Ghost/Fighting), Crabominable (Ice/Fighting), several Rotom forms, and more. Would say mono-Fire types after Burn Up, if not for several mono-Fire types with that. Seems incorrect to say ???-typed Arceus.

Shrugs. Might be missing something in the wording. Cannot go by post time, due to timezones. (8:33 PM local time. Not #833 Chewtle.)

Spoiler: Day 10 Trivia

Volcanion (Fire/Water)

Spoiler: Day 10 Riddle

Ninetales.

Overthought this so hard. Checked out Seviper, Huntail, Lumineon, Cinccino (a lot), Skorupi, Ambipom, (Mega) Beedrill, and some others. Focused on hunting prey. Liked Cinccino for Skill Link Tail Slap not rolling the dice.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Trivia 10:
    Spoiler:

really not sure on the riddle

Years
  • that's everything!

Yep, you've read that right. The last round marks the end of this event. c: the event hosts will tally up who got the most correct answers and who knows? You may find yourself with a shiny little badge!

Soon, we'll make a follow up post with all of the answers to the trivia questions and riddles! Then you can see how many you've gotten correct or incorrect. We'll see who are the best champions when it comes to Pokemon knowledge!

Would you like to see more of these trivia/riddle events? do let us know! honestly i found coming up with a lot of these really fun, so i hope all of you had fun, too!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Would participate in another one.

Preferred riddles over trivia. Solved most trivia with a quick Google search. Becomes a different story without outside aid, though.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • the results!

We've tallied up the results and here are our highest scores! Anyone with 15+ correct will get the gold badge, 10-14 silver, and everyone else gets bronze. Thanks to everyone that participated, whether it was everyday or only one. :) We hope you all enjoyed the event!

भाग्य ज्योति: 17/20
    squirtlenator:15/20
    devalue: 15/20
    nah: 7/20
    Sheep: 5/20
    mertis: 2/20
    cubeth: 2/20
    pichu: 2/10

trivia answers:
    Spoiler:

riddle answers:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Loves the new badge. Will display it proudly.

Was Trivia #4 ("Black is to ____ as white is to ____") dialogue in Black/White?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • it wasn't in-game dialog, it was just a generic ____ is to ____ as ____ is to ____ kind of question. admittedly, that was one of the weaker ones i made.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Understandable. Realized the difficulty of crafting good questions when attempting to answer them. Fits one Pokemon/ability so perfectly...until hearing the reasoning for something else.

Back