• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC, Console, or Handheld?

What kind of gamer are you?

• Pc

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Console

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Both

Votes: 10 52.6%

• Total voters

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Alright gang, simple question, do you prefer one of the following:

A) PC Gaming, where you play all sorts of video games on your computer. It can be really convenient on days where you want to stay at home; its also arguably the most effective way on communicating with a lot of people, at least when playing games like MMOs and so on.

B) Playing on your Consoles. You pick up a controller, and turn on your Consoles and play a ton of games that you own! You can also grab multiple controllers with your buddies and play multiplayer games too!

C) Handhelds like the 3Ds or PS Vita. It can be played at home, or on the go; you can carry it anywhere! Plus, nowadays, you can connect with various people online to play games along with ya.

So again, which do you prefer, and why?

Years
  • Console.

I like the have a dedicated thing just for gaming (even though I use it as a media player for my external HDDs). I do have a gaming PC and I do have handhelds, but I get the most enjoyment out of a console.​

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Handheld and PC. Handheld for gaming wherever whenever, PC because the thing shares the TV with my consoles. I mean, okay I have a Wii U for exclusive titles, but the bulk of gaming goes straight to the PC. No point in a PS3/4,/Xbox Whatever at this point.

Years
  • I prefer using a PC for gaming because it's simply the platform best suited for the gaming genres I prefer to play (RTS, Simulation, 4X strategy). I certainly don't mind gaming on the other platforms, though.

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
    Years
  • Handhelds for sure.
    They can play games anywhere, without the need of a Power Supply or TV, and they are cheaper too.
    Handheld games are generally less feature rich than Console games, but everything has its good sides and bad sides.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2023
    I prefer the simplicity of handheld gaming, to be honest, so definitely that. I do like PC RTSs/MMOs though, and consoles for sports games, but overall I'd have to go with handhelds.

TY

Console for everything but RTS games, RTS is just played at its best on a PC imo, just cause of the hotkeys.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • PC for the huge convenience over console gaming. Not only the gameplays are better, you can use your PC to multitask while playing games too.

Handheld, I always use it when I'm out or when I don't feel like playing games on the PC :P

The good thing about consoles is that getting together with friends and playing together on the same TV is a very nice experience where imo, you'll have more fun than playing via online with them.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • The way I see it is PC = Handheld > Consoles, and that's pretty much how I spend my time on games. Love my handhelds, and I'd say I've spent more time on my 3DS/DS than I have on my Wii, 360, and PS3 combined last gen. That might be a stretch, though.

PC has an emulation, but handheld games I generally try to emulate or play on handhelds themselves, with console emulation being attractive for upscaling. I'm also a Steam person, so I love PC for the deals, as well as the customizability of games, both on a technical and modable level. Generally if a game's multiplat I'll get it for PC.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Pc and handheld. I can do heaps more stuff on my pc like Photoshop then I can on a console. I also like handhelds because I can play it on the go and take it wherever when ever the only problem is chargers. I'm not the biggest fan of consoles mainly because I don't want to buy three seperate consoles for exclusives.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Hm, I would say that I prefer consoles because I would generally love the idea of playing consoles with my controller, just relaxing at home, y'know? Plus nowadays, the graphics on games are pretty appealing and colorful, which, I dunno, makes me more intrigued on playing the games more? I'm not too familiar with PC gaming because I only play 1-2 PC games, but Handhelds are a great mention too; I do love playing games on the go!

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • Console = PC > Handheld

Handheld games are crap and ports are usually awful. Sure they have a few good games but Console and PC's library is much more amazing.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
  • I like playing on either handhelds or consoles..

I just hate the idea of having to pay for a high end PC to play the better games. A console lets you play those, albeit on a lower scale of graphics, but it's far easier to obtain games, and to set them up, imo. I like handhelds because the idea of gaming anywhere you go is fantastic. I could be playing my Mario either under my bed covers to hide from my mum, or under my school desk, to avoid doing my biology work. ;)

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • For me it depends on the game I'm playing. Certain games play better on certain platforms. Eg. in my personal opinion, I find Minecraft to be much more fun on PC than on console, but games like Skyrim I find more immersive when played on consoles. I also enjoy playing games on my handheld devices, but they often lack the ability to produce as good of quality graphics compared to games on consoles and PCs (which is natural).

TY

Even with a mediocre PC, there's still a gigantic library of games to go through (especially with this whole "indie revolution" going on.

Not too mention that creating a good PC only gets cheaper and easier with time.

I agree... i have a "average" laptop and i have like really big and demanding games running quite well on it (though i have everything on the lowest settings).

★Dark Soul Umbreon★

Totally not a furry
    Years
  • It's kind of a tie between PC and console. PC is perfect for lots of the MMOs I play, and Minecraft. Console is perfect for all the games in the shooter and racing genre I play.

Back