• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • My tomorrow will be filled with studying and homework :(( I have an exam on Monday and I am so unprepared for it. Good luck with your debate though!

I have a quiz tomorrow on physics. So far Electric fields isn't that complicated, though small mistakes are what usually brings me down on practically everything related to physics.

Years
  • I remember taking Physics in my junior year at high school, and I barely remember the equations @_@

I'm sure that high school physics is nothing compared to a Physics class in college, though

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I was never a big fan of Physics. :( I took it all the way through high school and it was alright, but it had too many word problems and it was too applied. I took a term of it in university, too, and gave up pretty quickly. I don't miss it.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I didn't like Physics all too much when I took it in high school. I haven't taken it in College (been doing Bio and Chem instead) and I don't think it's part of my requisites so as long as it is I'm going to avoid it haha.

Years
  • Biology was by far my least favorite subject in taking science in high school.. it was boring and since my school was under renovations the year I took biology the only experiments we were able to do were just small disections

Years
  • Fyzicks? It's fun! Lots of spherical cow problems and free body diagrams and such. I think it's a requirement for optometry, but perhaps it depends where we go to school. It also involves lab reports, which is ridiculous because I don't want to menially measure how long it takes for a ball to drop or a spring to snap back.

Years
  • Let's just say this is how long it takes for 1 physics problem, currently (Actually has 2 parts, but second part had much less "work" than the first). Not difficult per se, but what a drag.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Ahh multiproblems. It's good training though, lots of problem solving and operationalizing to do. But ridiculous numbers make me want to throw up.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Oh gee. I would take the Hardy Weinberg Formula in Biology any day than whenever you just posted, Seattle! Because at least I kinda understand what I'm doing. Sometimes.

Years
  • Nah. Coulomb's Law isn't that complicated. It's just a variation of Universal Gravitation formula.

I'm kind of feeling confident about the small quiz tomorrow but it'd be just like me to mess up something small and bomb it.

Cherrim

Years
  • Let's just say this is how long it takes for 1 physics problem, currently (Actually has 2 parts, but second part had much less "work" than the first). Not difficult per se, but what a drag.

Spoiler:
    Man, yeah physics always just takes up so much paper. :( I'm a bit of a neat freak with my math so I go onto new lines with almost every equals sign when writing it out. I used to use sooo much paper just working out my homework every time.

Getting a whiteboard for my room was seriously one of the best purchases I made last year. It makes rough work so much easier and I feel like a much better person for not using pages and pages of graph paper, haha.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I don't really understand what any of that means, but while we're on the topic of math, I just want to take this opportunity to say that my class in college had a hard time understanding inverse operations and I just sat there like :||||||||||||||||||||||||||| and my eyes just could not stop rolling in my head I am so legitimately surprised that I still have eyeballs intact with the rest of my body because my eyes were rolling so much so fast. The amount of stupid people in college astounds me.

They also didn't know what an oblong was.
    Or a term.

Years
  • There aren't much places suitable for me to hang a whiteboard, unfortunately. Plus I just have so much paper it's not much of a difference.

Cherrim

Years
  • I don't really understand what any of that means, but while we're on the topic of math, I just want to take this opportunity to say that my class in college had a hard time understanding inverse operations and I just sat there like :||||||||||||||||||||||||||| and my eyes just could not stop rolling in my head I am so legitimately surprised that I still have eyeballs intact with the rest of my body because my eyes were rolling so much so fast. The amount of stupid people in college astounds me.

They also didn't know what an oblong was.
    Or a term.
    ...the hell is an oblong? (no seriously I just had to look it up lmao)

You can't take a placement test or anything? :( It sounds like you don't need this class, haha. How much does it cover by the end?
    There aren't much places suitable for me to hang a whiteboard, unfortunately. Plus I just have so much paper it's not much of a difference.
    ...I don't have anywhere to hang one either. I keep it in the corner and prop it up on my computer chair when I need to work. ._.;;;

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    You can't take a placement test or anything? :( It sounds like you don't need this class, haha. How much does it cover by the end?
    I can't drop it. Way too expensive to do that. I'd rather keep it. Its easy credits, and I think it covers the basics and I forgot most of the basics after not doing a single math problem (past simple math) in about three or four years. Plus its an easy A! I'm not sure if it counts towards my GPA, though.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I miss our Biology class. D: The teacher constantly used to tell us stories to get us into his lessons, and he was quite good at it. He had a lot of experience at teaching, though, since he was a teacher for more than forty-five years. He first started out as a substitute, and then moved on to a elementary school. After ten more years, he finally got into our high school.

Cherrim

Years
  • I can't drop it. Way too expensive to do that. I'd rather keep it. Its easy credits, and I think it covers the basics and I forgot most of the basics after not doing a single math problem (past simple math) in about three or four years. Plus its an easy A! I'm not sure if it counts towards my GPA, though.
    There's no drop period? :( We have a few weeks at the beginning of term to drop any class for a full refund. Kinda crappy if you can't do the same!

I suppose that's fair. I think I said it on twitter already but a good foundation is absolutely the best thing you can have. It just sucks that it has so much frustration at first. (People will probably get better, too. Sounds like this is the sort of class that people who are really out of practise take and some people take a bit longer than others to get back into the groove!)

maaaath ♥

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back