• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
  • I never enjoy Mondays, by far the worst day of the week. Once Monday has passed things seem to improve towards Friday!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Ahh, I am looking forward to Friday, actually. Not only because of my day off, but I'm going camping that weekend. :D I haven't gone camping in a couple years and I canNOT wait to get out of this town and explore the wilderness at the mountainside for just a weekend.

Years
  • I would love to see see mountains again in my lifetime.. it was back in 2001 when I saw the Blue Ridge Mountains in Virginia, but I was only 6 years old, so I can barely remember a thing :( but going through and looking on Google Street view at all these mountainous areas is just so gorgeous <3

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • So I'm in my college library right now, in between classes (3 hours nnnng) and I'm sorta freaked out how everyone around me is doing work (it seems) while I'm sitting here on PC and attempting to watch Breaking Bad.

Boop.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • ^ha

hahaha

hahahahahaha

That is totally me last semester. On PC watching some TV shows on Netflix during my break and the person next to me was working extremely hard on their homework. I felt ashamed, but I still did it xD

welcome to college, dipu. :D

Sirfetch’d

Oh wow. At least you get a nice 3 hours study break that you will really appreciate on test days! Passing that time does get boring though on some days D:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • During summer school I had 2-3 hours in between classes. My first class ended at 3:30 and had to wait till 5:30 to attend my second class. Yeah, it does get boring after a while, and it does get longer, especially at the last two weeks of summer school I got out an hour early from my first class. S__S

But Jelli is right though, you do get that opportunity to study *quietly* and away from distractions.

Years
  • I can find myself doing the same thing, tbh.. being on PC at college while others around me would be studying.. though I would probably only put myself in that situation if I was finished doing homework or was finished studying, but there wasn't enough time for me to go home between classes.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • What really sucks about this semester is that I don't have the time to chill/study at the library like I normally would. I'm on campus from 6:20 and I have 10 minutes to do my business, get a cold drink and walk at the other side of campus to my class (and I do this every M-TH because all my classes are on the other side >_>). Then I have a 20 min break at 8:00 but sadly the library closes at 8 as well. So all I do then is walk around the building. xD Unless I come an hour early and enjoy the fun of learning in the library do my studying there, but you know... laziness to drive & stuff xD

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I've got some study time between my classes this year and I'm really excited for it. (Every other term lately I've either had only one class a day or the gap between classes was so large that it made more sense to just come home between them.) This term I've got two hours between my first and second classes on T/Th and then a few more hours before my night class on Thursdays. Neither gap is really worth going home between.

I'm hoping I can use it to be productive but time will tell if I just end up dicking around on the internet the whole time. I probably won't, though, because if I sit in the library checking tumblr, I know I'll end up scrolling past nsfw stuff on my timeline and I don't want people seeing that while I'm in a public place. XD; So I'd better study.

TY

Since im in the same classroom every time, i can spend my gap on playing games and so (since we all have a laptop in our possesion at college, it is possible :D)

Cherrim

Years
  • Aww, Livewire I hope you feel better. :( I don't know if I could muster up the determination to get myself back to school later if I were sick and huddled up on the couch watching movies, haha. Good luck!

All this reminds me I should probably look up exactly when/where all my classes are before the first day tomorrow. 8/

Years
  • I guess the schools in my area all start early since it's been almost a month since I've seen little kids walking with their parents to school and long lines of people driving to the high schools.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • We started three weeks ago, that includes most elementary, middle and high schools. Felt like two months already tbh.

& feel better Livey <3 Get as much rest as possible :)

Years
  • I guess the schools in my area all start early since it's been almost a month since I've seen little kids walking with their parents to school and long lines of people driving to the high schools.
    Back in the day my district started within the first week of August, but that changed to the third week when legislation in my state was passed 6 years ago where districts couldn't make their start dates earlier than 2 weeks before Labor Day. It seems that a lot of Southeastern US districts start school before Labor Day.

Sirfetch’d

Back in the day my district started within the first week of August, but that changed to the third week when legislation in my state was passed 6 years ago where districts couldn't make their start dates earlier than 2 weeks before Labor Day. It seems that a lot of Southeastern US districts start school before Labor Day.

This is exactly how my school was. When I was in 12th grade that was passed for us and we started around August 24th. Before then we would start anywhere between August 5th and 10th.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I don't even remember when my school starts now. O_o I think it might be after labor day, but I'm not sure. I know they end school sometime in May though. As for my older schools, I have no idea since I lived in Maine during that time. Things were a lot different in Maine then they are here in Arizona.

Cherrim

Years
  • Everywhere I've ever lived in Canada, school starts after Labour Day... although apparently my cousins in Saskatchewan start the last week of August or so, depending on the school.

My university's orientation/frosh week starts on Labour Day so classes don't officially start until the week after. I've got Mondays and Fridays off so my first day isn't until tomorrow. \o/

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I've never started the school year in any other month than September. The thought of starting in August (while it would still be too hot) would just be too much for me to bear as a kid! University's even later: I think I might have started my first year at the end of September, but everything else was October.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back