• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC Scheduled Downtime - Server upgrade discussions

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Two days? That's a lot of time compared to most server updates this forum has had. Then again, I'd give away a year to make the loading of the forum speed up. Good to see that this is happening. Thanks, guys.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Oh, that is good news. Maybe it will get rid of the fatal errors. I haven't been getting a lot DBE's, but fatal errors. Hopefully the new server will stop those two things from happening. Also maybe the double posting/wait 45 seconds for a post...

And two days...that seem reasonable. Whatever it takes for my favorite forum to be up and running again.

It might work or it might not. But it is better than nothing. ^^

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    Will PC be down for the full 48 hours, or will it only be down for the time needed?
    PC will likely not be 'down' the whole time though some of you will need to wait for the new DNS settings to propagate the web before you can see PC again (we'll post an IP address where PC will be located shortly)

Two days? That's a lot of time compared to most server updates this forum has had. Then again, I'd give away a year to make the loading of the forum speed up. Good to see that this is happening. Thanks, guys.
    we need that time to actually process the backup, copy, and move processes if the server is left running and get busy it could break the backup or transfer that may be in progress at that time. best to shut off access and let the server use its full resources to make the transfer faster and without errors.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
    When will this occur, Rukario? Because I live in Australia which is +10:00 GMT. So I wouldn't be sure when this will occur, but at least there will be no more vBulletin Database Errors, nether will there be Fatal errors either. And it will be great, I will be on #thepokecommunity channel on mIRC.
    Just remember I will be there. ;)

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2010
    Ok everything should be up again.. please report bugs and so forth..
    It took a extremely long time for me to post but I hope that's just a startup thing. Some off my signature was also deleted:laugh:

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
    Years
    dawg all my messages have been deleted! Noooooo!!! *Starts to cry* glad were back up though.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    there may be some images and attachments not there.. we're going thru the old files to see what was missed and will upload what we can..

Profile albums are also currently missing (don't upload any new images.. they'll go nowhere and probably break something) - they weren't in the "public_html" directory so they did get missed when i copied the files from the old server... grabbing them now.. should be an hour or three gonna be morning-ish my time until they're up.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I was about to ask why when I upload some images, it stated that I should blahblahblah...

anyways, I noticed that things got faster and better. :)
    PC is really a great forum to be. ^^

great job. ;)

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Yes, for me it is almost %100 faster XD! I hope this update has gotten rid of the fatal error and database errors!

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I lost contact with my bf for 2 days! 2 WHOLE DAYS! ;_;

But im glad that its now up and running, hopefully at maximum performance now. Good job guys ;)
    Uhhh, don't you have any other means to contact him? He is your boyfriend after all. You'd think it'd be about time for you to exchange emails or something.

Anyway, it's good to have PC back :)

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Far out...that was a long 2 days haha. Some of my VM'S were deleted in the down time...whats up with that?

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    My Avatar is missing, but the picture that I deleted out of my signature is back *has been deleted again*.

Also in the "Seeds Of Platinum" theme the buttons are missing on the bottom to quote somebody. The link is there with just the standard text, but no button.

EDIT: It also deleted the member list of people I invited to my social group.

Last edited:
    Back