• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC Sing-Off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
  • Welcome to the big PC Sing-Off!

How It Works - Submissions
    - This is obvs a singing competition! All you have to do is submit an audio or video of you singing whatever song you want by posting them in this thread.
    - Submissions are open between thread creation on July 6th and 11:59pm July 12.
    - You may choose to have backing instruments or vocals but they're not required.
    - Your performance must be over 45 seconds long.
    - You must perform your submission within the duration of the event- no submitting old content.
    - You may change your submission at any time before the deadline. If you change after the deadline, you will potentially be disqualified.
    - If you are not performing original content, you must post a link to an official version of the song you are performing.

How It Works - Voting
    - Voting will begin when the poll goes up on July 13 and close when the poll does later that week.
    - You are required to vote if you submit a performance. If you do not vote you will be disqualified.
    - Everyone may vote for up to three performances. If you vote for more, you will be contacted about it.
    - Please do not just vote for friends or base your voted on like, backing tracks. The important part is the vocals yo.
    - Remember that it's not just about how well vocals match the original song, but how well the piece is done in whatever style the singer has chosen.
    - Basically don't dismiss it just because it sounds different.
    - When you vote, it'd be great to make a post about who you voted for and why their entries appealed to you!

Other Things
    - Good places to host your entries include Soundcloud, Youtube, Mediafire, Vocaroo and Dropbox. Uploading directly to PC works as well. Just try to keep audio quality intact and make sure you're not using a service that auto-deletes your content after a short time.
    - This event will run in two threads- one for submissions and another for voting.
    - Feel free to discuss your own and other entrants' submissions in either thread at any time, but please keep things constructive and kind.
    - There will be an emblem for the top entries and nothing else.
    - for the love of god don't write anything in Slackey
    - feel free to ask questions or tell me if I missed something
    - have fun!!​

Last edited:

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • Did someone say... singing? I'M IN!

Okay, dumb question, does the song HAVE to be in English? I tend to prefer anime songs period.

Years
  • Yeah if i end up singing something for this, i would rather sing a japanese song so if i mispronounce something, nobody is going to notice.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Did someone say... singing? I'M IN!

Okay, dumb question, does the song HAVE to be in English? I tend to prefer anime songs period.
    I mean, if you can perform a song in another language as well or better than you could in English, go ahead! Just keep in mind that this is an English-speaking community, so that might well be the default.
    Yeah if i end up singing something for this, i would rather sing a japanese song so if i mispronounce something, nobody is going to notice.
    That's... so not a good reason to do another language lmao. But whatever do what you will~

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    I'm so happy this is a thing! I doubt I'll win again but I'm gonna enter!

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Can we have the actual track playing in the background? That would help me a lot, it's just some professional backup and I can harmonize and sync up better with the song that way, it's just all around better.

pastel_fallout

Sayounara
    Years
  • Hmmm. I'm in. I'll try to get to something made up here in the next couple of days~

everyone get ready to hear a cracky, untuned, 15 year old girls voice. XD

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Can we have the actual track playing in the background? That would help me a lot, it's just some professional backup and I can harmonize and sync up better with the song that way, it's just all around better.
    You may sing along to an official track, but don't record it. So like, playing it through headphones to sync with it is fine, but to have it as the background to your submission is not.

pastel_fallout

Sayounara
    Years
  • Whelp, here you guys go... Ehhhh, unconfident girl is unconfident.
    Spoiler:

Original song:

*original song linked only due to some inappropriate language*

Last edited:

mrpopo1701

Josh Varela
    Years
  • I'm in i just don't know how good my mic quality is going to be >.< and how I'm going to be able get a recording on here, or how ill get the music on here. I'll figure it out.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • That feel when you enter a singing competition and then find out that you can't sing and everyone else sounds like angels.

Continuously redoing the same song until the last minute so I can make it not sound like complete poop.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • I was still debating whether or not I wanted to enter this 'cause I sound like I'm dying 99.5% of the time, and that rare .5% of the time I manage to do okay. Listened to entries, got scared and probably won't enter now, unless I can come up with something I'm satisfied with in the next few hours. lol

Well, I was dead set on doing my version of Linkin Park's Numb, but changed to this one last minute. It's a cover of Landslide by Fleetwood Mac.

oh em gee that kitten.

and yes your entry scared me stop being good ._.;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back