• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC WiFi Tournament

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Option 1 = Allow non-Uber legendaries. It's in the 1st post.

so that's 5 out of 12 voting for their use. ^_^

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
    PC seems to have a problem with allowing non-uber legends, One needs to understand the metagame. Moltres and articuno are not that great, stealth rock damages them significantly, azelf is taken down as easily than you think you could e.g suckerpunch or pursuit. Heatran has a common weakness 4x ground, 2x fighting and water. Out of the legendary dogs/cats one would realise that enti is not that great whilst Suicune and Raikou are countable, people who say calmcune is hard to beat, I myself use Suicune sometimes and I know what counters it, it's not that hard. Celebi? Will what can we say about celebi? Just look how many weaknesses it has. The regi's have nothing special in them. We can have second thoughts about allowing Suicune, cresseila and Jirachi or maybe even azelf if people are too concerned about them. Other non-uber legends should be allowed.

Besides there are pokemon like Garchomp, Salamence, T-Tar and Metagross who are far better than most legends I mentioned above. If you are complaining about power wise, I don't see you lot complaining about these lot. So what's the problem?

Last edited:

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Don't talk about Pursuit and Sucker Punch, even Mewtwo can be taken down by the right Pokemon using them...

Just because Legends like the trios suck, doesn't mean a Jolly, Swords Passing Celebi should be allowed. And don't say "Ninjask is better" because 2 Bullet Punches from a Metagross kills Ninjask. Now you'll probably say "Scizor is better" but Scizor Gets killed by any Fire Attack. The basic Celebi can take an X Scizzor from Weavile and have time to Baton Pass still. They're legends for a reason, so you shouldn't single out the sucky ones as the reason they should be allowed.

Metagross=Low Speed
    Garchomp=4x Weakness to Ice
    Salamence=^
    Tyrannitar=4x Weakness to Fighting

Of course you'll probably say, Celebi has a 4x weakness to bug, but the difference is the base 100 in HP and both Defensive stats....

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
    Why shouldn't I single out the sucky ones? If they are able to complete within this 'PC rules' I'll say without any problems. We can have a certain ban and allow some legends. So you got any issues with that Kazaam? Oh yeah you're right about celebi I personally don't like celebi it's very unpredictable and so on.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    May I join? I feel I'll have my awesome team done by first match.

I vote second option too, I think Legends are kinda cheep. Even if they aren't ubers their stats are pretty good.

~desu Saba~

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    Cuz then that would kill my team. xD I don't really like legendaries overall. I don't know why, but they seem way too strong, even compared to those two. (well from what I've seen).

I just vote no legendaries...if that's still going on...

~desu Saba~

Kuro

Cloaked by the Masses
    Years
    In which case, I'll vote for the allowance of non-Uber legendaries. They can be taken down as easily as most OU Pokemon with the right strategy, so what is there to complain about? Non-OU legendaries generally have no better stats than Electivire or Alakazam, so I see no point in banning them.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    There is no point in arguing, heh. As I said before, we each have valid opinions, which is why I put this to a vote in the first place. Though I'm beginning to question whether that was a good idea or not, aiyh....

However, I'm glad that this is the only part of the new rules that is up for debate. XD

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I have decided that if non-uber legends get approved, I'm going to use a team of all Legends, just to show the people that let us use them why we shouldn't be allowed to....

I know it's a little childish, but they have to find out somehow....

:\ And how exactly would that be fair to those of us who voted against it?

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
    PC seems to have a problem with allowing non-uber legends, One needs to understand the metagame. Moltres and articuno are not that great, stealth rock damages them significantly, azelf is taken down as easily than you think you could e.g suckerpunch or pursuit. Heatran has a common weakness 4x ground, 2x fighting and water. Out of the legendary dogs/cats one would realise that enti is not that great whilst Suicune and Raikou are countable, people who say calmcune is hard to beat, I myself use Suicune sometimes and I know what counters it, it's not that hard. Celebi? Will what can we say about celebi? Just look how many weaknesses it has. The regi's have nothing special in them. We can have second thoughts about allowing Suicune, cresseila and Jirachi or maybe even azelf if people are too concerned about them. Other non-uber legends should be allowed.

Besides there are pokemon like Garchomp, Salamence, T-Tar and Metagross who are far better than most legends I mentioned above. If you are complaining about power wise, I don't see you lot complaining about these lot. So what's the problem?

in away a agree w/ utoo amny people peole (expecaily n00bs ) think all legends are uber and its annoying.

Back